**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How many people have complete status at this point? I haven't seen anyone say they have a complete status listed.
Adea told me there are some applications that have been “completed” status already.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My application has been entirely completed since May 16 3 days ago but it still displays "received". I've called PASS every day since and they keep saying "we will email you as soon as this gets fixed" but have not given me a time frame. I explained to them how time sensitive this is and how it is rolling admissions. One representative told me that this is affecting all of PASS…

I think we should be contacting program directors about this. It’s 2023, PASS should be able to fix the website and this glitch by now. If PASS won’t act if we complain, maybe they will if the program directors start calling.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t submitted my application yet. Waiting for the dean’s letter before submitting my application. Would you please tell me where does it show received instead of complete?

Thank you

I submitted my app 2 days ago. All programs say “received”. I did get an email from UF saying they did receive my PASS application even though the portal does not have it as “complete”

I submitted my application on May 13th and it was "Received" until last night and now all programs are complete
I was in the same scenario. Submitted on the 13th and it had been received since then. My transcript evaluation arrived electronically last night in their system and the program status's got updated to complete automatically. Only the transcript part of my application was missing. Its now resolved

Nothing's missing on my application since Tuesday, and it's still showing as received :( I'm going to try calling PASS/ programs on Mon.
sorry to hear this pass bug is happening to you guys, that’s ridiculous, especially considering the $$$ we spend. I submitted my application on the 17th and it was marked as complete on the 18th. Because of rolling admission I would definitely contact the program directors directly (prob not administrative assistants) to let them know about your situations. I’ve heard of at least some PD’s beginning to look at apps this past week, so hopefully you still have some time to get this situation fixed. Good luck everyone!

I submitted the app on the 11th and it was fully complete by the 14th. It has been on “received” the whole time. Schools have emailed me confirming, so it seems as though they have received the application. So I’m not sure how big of an impact this is but hopefully its okay!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted the app on the 11th and it was fully complete by the 14th. It has been on “received” the whole time. Schools have emailed me confirming, so it seems as though they have received the application. So I’m not sure how big of an impact this is but hopefully its okay!
Which schools did you confirm with?
Going to call Monday and ask to speak to management.

Does anyone know how to send adat scores to PASS after they got their scores?

Just wondering how much effort and time does the recommendation letter take? One of my recommender said he won’t be able to fill it out until mid June :/ .. it’s devastating and frustrating!!

stonybrook (elizabeth) told me she needs the completed status before pushing my app forward to director
So if you could reach out again about the glitch maybe they would be more inclined to push our applicaiton forward! She said she sees all my required materials but wants the “complete” status. then i told her about the glitch and she did not respond to me

Just wondering how much effort and time does the recommendation letter take? One of my recommender said he won’t be able to fill it out until mid June :/ .. it’s devastating and frustrating!!

Have you considered to remove that person from the pass and add different one? You still are able to remove that person before he submit the recommendation letter.

Hello,
I am a little confused on when a program actually receives the application. Currently I have submitted (5/15), I am waiting on IEF and 2 LOR. My application says received. I assume once those last 3 documents are received it will be changed to complete. My question is, in one section it says to send the application in 4 weeks prior to the application deadline. With some schools having a deadline of mid June, that really doesn't allow 4 weeks, unless I submitted it the day the application opens. Does anyone know if it actually takes them 4 weeks for the school to receive it? Side note: I have applied before and last time my Dental school took almost 3 weeks to send in the IEF which is really frustrating. My LOR should be in my Friday. Can anyone shed light or offer insight to how it works?

Spoke with PASS again and they don’t seem to understand how time sensitive and urgent this is. There are no updates on the glitch and they refuse to notify the programs. Can we all continue to call PASS and ask them notify the programs of this issue? It would get the attention of program directors much more quickly if PASS had direct correspondence with them. Applicants emailing the program directors are either being ignored, or told that they can’t do anything until it says “complete.”

I spoke with PASS again this morning too, they don't seem to be taking this very seriously, they keep saying there is no time frame, it could be weeks.

If that's the case, the more concerning aspect is that some applicants statuses are going to ‘completed’ while others are not; and there goes our chance of acceptance because of a website malfunction and an organization who doesn't seem to prioritize or understand this.

Strength in numbers, if those affected by this can contact programs they may start to take us seriously. If enough of us take action now, maybe the programs will start looking at our applications, or at least delay interview invites until this is *potentially* resolved

Hello,
I am a little confused on when a program actually receives the application. Currently I have submitted (5/15), I am waiting on IEF and 2 LOR. My application says received. I assume once those last 3 documents are received it will be changed to complete. My question is, in one section it says to send the application in 4 weeks prior to the application deadline. With some schools having a deadline of mid June, that really doesn't allow 4 weeks, unless I submitted it the day the application opens. Does anyone know if it actually takes them 4 weeks for the school to receive it? Side note: I have applied before and last time my Dental school took almost 3 weeks to send in the IEF which is really frustrating. My LOR should be in my Friday. Can anyone shed light or offer insight to how it works?

Im in the same boat. Submitted everything but waiting on two LOR. Nothing you can do just gotta wait. If youre a strong candidate youll get an interview even if they submit first week in June. I know a few endo residents personally that didnt have everything submitted until the first week in June

Spoke to PASS in the AM as well. You need to speak to the a manager, not jsut a rep. Keep contacting them. Every rep is giving me different answers. Unacceptable.

Spoke to lawyer and people who work on software. They said issues like this should have been resolved. We just want to kno what is going on!!

Write an email to adeapass to have it in writing. Asked them what they are going to do for the applicants who are affected and what is the plan to get this resolved. Add that it is well known that after 2 wks, applications are at a disadvantage and this is beyond urgent and careers are being jeaporidized.

Kept emailing program directors and have that in writing as well that they are not considering your applicaiton due to this status.

I am beyond livid. This is insane. Keep everyone updated please!

For those of you stating your application is complete under my programs and still showing received, have you already received your IEF and transcripts? I finished everything on May 10th, still waiting on IEF and transcript to post. ADEA told me this morning the status under “My Programs” will not change from Received to Complete until everything under “Overall Status is received and posted. Yet, one of my programs has contacted me via email. I guess some are looking at them already and others are waiting for it to state complete. Am I missing something here? Thank you.

For those of you stating your application is complete under my programs and still showing received, have you already received your IEF and transcripts? I finished everything on May 10th, still waiting on IEF and transcript to post. ADEA told me this morning the status under “My Programs” will not change from Received to Complete until everything under “Overall Status is received and posted. Yet, one of my programs has contacted me via email. I guess some are looking at them already and others are waiting for it to state complete. Am I missing something here? Thank you.
Recieved is correct for you because you are missing required items. We have all required materials completed, so our status should be “complete” not “recieved.”

Hey guys. I gave pass a call about the status situation. Everything just switched over to complete for me. I know this is stressful but hope this information helps!

Recieved is correct for you because you are missing required items. We have all required materials completed, so our status should be “complete” not “recieved.”

Thank you for that. When did you start requesting your IEF from your school? I’ve been out of the game for a while and didn’t realize we can request it before the application opens. If not getting the IEF back in time messes me up for this year, I’ll know for next year. Thanks again.

Mine just switched to to complete. Submitted the app on the 18th.

What day did you guys put as the final date to submit your letters of recommendation for your evaluators?

Im in the same boat. Submitted everything but waiting on two LOR. Nothing you can do just gotta wait. If youre a strong candidate youll get an interview even if they submit first week in June. I know a few endo residents personally that didnt have everything submitted until the first week in June
Thank you so much! I feel like my application is strong but the anxiety is real. Your response might help me sleep tonight!

Thank you so much! I feel like my application is strong but the anxiety is real. Your response might help me sleep tonight!

Try to relax, its stressful for everyone! Take it day by day and within a few weeks youll only be stressing about that interview!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For those that submitted their apps to SLU and Tufts did you pay ADA to forward your DAT scores to them or did you just screenshot and send them to their respective admissions email?
According to their confirmation email, Tufts allows unofficial DAT scores to be uploaded

Last item (transcript) finally went through yesterday and status changed to complete today

Last item went through and status changed to complete 15 min later

I don't think the glitch should hurt us, as it seemingly affected literally all of us. The only disadvantage is for people that submitted yesterday got to submit it on the "real day 1." If that makes sense? But surely they saw we submitted the app on 5/10/23. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

What did everyone include in the additional information section ? I have still not submitted and it seems like there is not much more to talk about that is not in my personal statement or CV/Resume or any of the supplemental applications

What did everyone include in the additional information section ? I have still not submitted and it seems like there is not much more to talk about that is not in my personal statement or CV/Resume or any of the supplemental applications
It is optional. As someone that reads applicants' packages, I don't dwell that much on it. Make sure you have a solid personal statement and good letters of recommendation. All the other parts are really on either your transcripts or CV.

are there any "not as great" programs to be aware of? Anyone hear anything from word of mouth or previous residents?
obviously grateful to go anywhere and its hard to be choosy because its so competitive and nonmatch, but just wanted to be aware if there are any.

My letter writer is asking me if I want to have my preferred name or my legal name on my letter of rec. What name should I go by???

My letter writer is asking me if I want to have my preferred name or my legal name on my letter of rec. What name should I go by???
Optomisticdr sounds pretty good

But I would use the legal name.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
are there any "not as great" programs to be aware of? Anyone hear anything from word of mouth or previous residents?
obviously grateful to go anywhere and its hard to be choosy because its so competitive and nonmatch, but just wanted to be aware if there are any.
Endo programs are short that it's very hard to say. A resident from 5 years ago could have a totally different experience than a current resident because of directorship or administrative changes. I would recommend talking to current residents about their program.

Other than that, most people pick the programs by factors such as location, cost, the vibe they get at the interview

Is anyone still facing the same problem of Pass Application? Mine is complete BUT the status is still “Received” !!

Has anyone heard back from UCLA for supplemental application? who is the contact person?

Try to find another one.