**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was invited for the 14th but switched due to conflicting interview dates.
Have you received a link to the zoom yet or any information for the 7/21 interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Detroit Mercy interview also. I called back to confirm.
Do you guys receive the link for the virtual interview yet? Or the link will be sent on the interview day?
I have not received the link yet

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did the interview schedule itself change from the 14th to the 21st? Or is this the 2nd round for CODA seats?
I think the 14th was mainly CODA and 21st is mainly NON CODA. Possibly some CODA people interviewing on the 21st if there were scheduling issues. This is just an assumption though

Any group members who are current residents in the Pacific or got interviews for the Pacific last year? Would like to know about the experience of interview day. Thanks

I am kind of at a loss right now. I had a 3.75 gpa, top 20%, non-dental related publications, volunteering, and 1 year of experience and I received zero interviews and I applied to a looooot of schools. I have got zero interviews which is shocking to me. I didn't necessarily expect to get in but I thought I would get at least a couple interviews. Do you all think this is just an experience issue or something more.... Just kinda coping right now lol..
I think you need to understand the politics/ bullsh88ness behind endo application process though. Programs usually have to 120-180 applications and they usually invite about 15-20% to their interviews. Schools have extremely high favoritisms toward their own pre-doc students/ GPR/ AEGD residents so the place that you have the highest chance at is your own dental school/ the place that you did GPR. Quite a few civilian endo programs have ex-military endo directors - those guys also have heavy favoritism toward military candidates too..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I got 25 years experience, AEGD, research, privileges' at 3 different hospitals, been a professional hockey team dentist and no interviews. Maybe its my age, maybe there worried about me not fitting in, but don't give up, I'm not.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone heard anything from Boston University???

Sorry to ask again and again but I feel no one applied to buffalo here!! anyone hear from Buffalo ??

Did the interview schedule itself change from the 14th to the 21st? Or is this the 2nd round for CODA seats?
I just request to be interviewed on the 21st and the coordinator said it is possible so I took it

Sorry to ask again and again but I feel no one applied to buffalo here!! anyone hear from Buffalo ??
I applied to UB, still haven't heard. I heard from endo alumni that they typically only take foreign trained dentists

Members don't see this ad :)
I would wager your age plays a factor here. Would you take a person with 5-10 years of practice left or someone with 30-40? Plus are you teachable if you have been doing root canals for 25 years? If you don't get in, I might ask the programs you applied to. It's an entirely fair question and any respectable PD would tell you if it was or wasn't an issue.

This is true to a large degree. If some programs offer 4 spots, 2-3 might go to those as mentioned above. I would like to point out that not all letters of recommendation and dean's letters are fully in support of the person they are writing for. I heard that there was a candidate that was top 10 and on paper looked amazing, but the dean's letter said he/she would not recommend them for acceptance. My PD passed and the worst part is they will never know why.
Was it me?

Anyone get interviews who were not at the top of their class? If so, what kind of endo related experiences have you had since graduation, GPR, internship, CE??

does anyone know anything about Temple Program? Cant seem to find anything online that isn’t generic…

Who has been accepted to the University of Boston on here or know someone that has?

Anyone get interviews who were not at the top of their class? If so, what kind of endo related experiences have you had since graduation, GPR, internship, CE??
I was not top of my class and I got interviews to Stony Brook, Einstein and Detroit Mercy. I have 4 years experience and an AEGD. I believe my personal statement was very good and I had strong letters of rec.

Any one who can give us a feedback on previous experience with University of Pacific Interview process ? Thank you so much

For anyone else offered an interview at Maryland, did you get any more info than the call? Like an email with details? It’s in person right? I should have confirmed this on the phone. Lol

Interested in this too! Anyone interview last year with them?
my friend interviewed with them last year. Not sure if they are more research or clinical heavy but my friend did research and they asked about it. they of course asked the 3 basic questions tell me about yourself, why endo, why detroit mercy. they also asked specific questions about the resume, and asked what was the most challenging endo case, and how do you handle anxious patients. hope this helps.

Please if someone got BOSTON U offers please message me.

No but I heard some were sent out, I am not sure though

I updated the school list on the previous page as best I could. I'll copy and paste it on this page on Monday if someone doesn't by then

Reactions: 1 users
I was not top of my class and I got interviews to Stony Brook, Einstein and Detroit Mercy. I have 4 years experience and an AEGD. I believe my personal statement was very good and I had strong letters of rec.
Did you get to read your letters of Rec? I waived so I will never know if the helped or hurt. Should I have asked for them?

Hi Drs, Any foreign trained dentist got invite or spot. Appreciate your response and support . Thank you

Hello everyone, is there anyone who completed their NYU interview and could offer some insight into what the interview was like?

Did you get to read your letters of Rec? I waived so I will never know if the helped or hurt. Should I have asked for them?
No, I waived as well. But I only asked people who I knew would give me a good one

Any news from Tennessee? Have they sent out invites yet? I know their deadline is Aug. 1st. Last couple years went out around July 20th.

Anyone heard of offers made by NYU Langone? Their interviews were last week.

Any update on UCLA offers? and USC interview invites? trying to stay hopeful 🤧

Has anyone heard about any offers from UAB? Interview was a couple weeks ago now