**Official PASS 2024 Endodontic Residency Interviews/Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from BU?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard from University of Michigan or Pacific or Southern California?

For anyone that did the Einstein interviews, how did they go?
I though it was tough in the sense that it wasn’t very conversational/warm fuzzy but that’s just me. Cant connect with eveyrone i guess. No crazy Qs

Reactions: 1 user
Gentle reminder to stop looking for updates on here - and this application process doesn’t define who you are :) stay sane everyone

Reactions: 6 users
University of Alabama at Birmingham - Invite sent 6/30 email: Interview (July 7th, zoom or in-person)
Loma Linda University - Invite sent 6/28 email: Interview (July 21)
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/10 unknown: (July 14 Zoom)
University of California at San Francisco - Invite sent 6/12 email: Interview (July 13th and 14th)

University of Southern California -
University of the Pacific -
University of Connecticut - Invite sent 6/14 unknown: Virtual interview (July 12th)
Nova Southeastern University - Invite sent 7/10 email: Interview in person (July 27th)
University of Florida -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 13th and 14th)
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invite sent 5/30 email: Interview (July 10th) - Spots Filled
University of Illinois at Chicago - Invite sent 6/23 email: Interview (July 12th, 13th)

Southern Illinois University -
Indiana University - invite sent 6/9 email: interview (July 14th) - Spots Filled
University of Iowa - Invite sent 7/3 phone call: interview (July 10th and 11th)- Offers made

University of Louisville - invite sent 6/11 email phone call: interview (July 14th)

University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)
University of Maryland - Invite sent 7/7 phone call: Interview (August 4th)
Boston University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th), Invite sent 6/16 email: Interview (July 6th)
Harvard University -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 14th and 21st)
Tufts University - Invite sent 6/12, 6/13 email: Interview (July 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th)

University of Detroit Mercy -
University of Michigan -
University of Minnesota - invite 6/26 via phone (July 13 and 14)
Saint Louis University - invite 6/13 email: Interview (July 11th)- Spot Filled
University of Missouri-Kansas City - invite 6/20/23: interview (July 12)
University of Nebraska - invite (6/28) email; interview (7/21, 7/24)
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite (June 23); interview (July 7th)

Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite via email 6/30, interview Jul 19, 20
NYU Langone Puerto Rico -
New York University - invite 6/28/23: interview (July 11th via Zoom)
Stony Brook University - invite sent 6/12 by email: interview (July 6th) - Spots filled

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York -
University of North Carolina - invite 7/3/23 by email: interview July 27th, July 28th
Case Western Reserve University -
Ohio State University - invite sent 6/9 phone: interview (July 5th, July 6th)
Oregon Health & Science University -
Albert Einstein Medical Center - invite sent June 1st and June 13th by email: interview (July 13th)
Temple University - Invite sent July 11 email: Interview (July 26)

University of Pennsylvania -
University of Pittsburgh -invite sent 6/26 email: interview (July 21st)
Medical University of South Carolina - Invite sent 6/15 by phone call: interview (July 10th)

University of Tennessee Health Science Center -
Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - phone call 6/13/23: interview (July 11th) - Offers made
University of Texas at Houston - invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)
University of Texas at San Antonio - invite 6/21 email: Interview (July 7th) - Offers made
Virginia Commonwealth University - invite sent 6/22 email; interview July 17th
University of Washington - invite sent 6/21 phone call: interview (July 10th, July 14th)

West Virginia University -
Marquette University -
VA New York - Invite sent 6/12 email: interview (July 14th)

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of interviews today. Has anyone heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted the offer from LSU today! The class has been filled

Reactions: 7 users
Ive heard UF and Houston filled their spots

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like LSU, Louisville, UConn and UF all have offered. Any word on Rutgers?

Added UIC

University of Alabama at Birmingham - Invite sent 6/30 email: Interview (July 7th, zoom or in-person)
University of California at Los Angeles - Invite sent 7/10 unknown: (July 14 Zoom)
University of California at San Francisco - Invite sent 6/12 email: Interview (July 13th and 14th)

University of Connecticut - Invite sent 6/14 unknown: Virtual interview (July 12th)- Offers made
Nova Southeastern University - Invite sent 7/10 email: Interview in person (July 27th)
University of Florida -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 13th and 14th)- Offers made
Georgia Regents University (Augusta Univ) - Invite sent 5/30 email: Interview (July 10th) - Spots Filled
University of Illinois at Chicago - Invite sent 6/23 email: Interview (July 12th, 13th)- Offers made

Indiana University - invite sent 6/9 email: interview (July 14th) - Spots Filled
University of Iowa - Invite sent 7/3 phone call: interview (July 10th and 11th)- Offers made
University of Louisville - invite sent 6/11 email phone call: interview (July 14th)- Offers made

University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
Boston University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th), Invite sent 6/16 email: Interview (July 6th)
Harvard University -
Tufts University - Invite sent 6/12, 6/13 email: Interview (July 14th, 17th, 18th, 20th)

University of Michigan -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite (June 23); interview (July 7th)- Spots Filled

Columbia University -
NYU Langone (Lutheran Medical Center) - invite via email 6/30, interview Jul 19, 20
Stony Brook University - invite sent 6/12 by email: interview (July 6th) - Spots filled

University of North Carolina - invite 7/3/23 by email: interview July 27th, July 28th
Ohio State University - invite sent 6/9 phone: interview (July 5th, July 6th)
Albert Einstein Medical Center - invite sent June 1st and June 13th by email: interview (July 13th)

Medical University of South Carolina - Invite sent 6/15 by phone call: interview (July 10th)

Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - phone call 6/13/23: interview (July 11th) - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)
University of Texas at San Antonio - invite 6/21 email: Interview (July 7th) - Offers made
University of Washington - invite sent 6/21 phone call: interview (July 10th, July 14th)

Marquette University -

Does anyone have information on UCLA's interview? When was the zoom link sent and how long was it?

I accepted a spot this week, so I'll be canceling future interviews. Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 11 users
Congrats. Can you share with us your journey
Thank you! What info would you like to know? I won't be too specific but I'm Happy to answer some questions

Last edited:
Should I shoot for an 800? Meaning quits my job and studying straight for 3 months.
No... I was working full time and studied on evenings and weekends for 2 months. I got 550 but still got plenty of interviews. It was literally just to show the programs that I wasn't in the bottom of my class.

No... I was working full time and studied on evenings and weekends for 2 months. I got 550 but still got plenty of interviews. It was literally just to show the programs that I wasn't in the bottom of my class.
What did you use to study? Anyone else have tips?

Well alright then, that’s that. Congratulations to all who secured a spot, best wishes on your new career. Also, congratulations to all who received interviews with no offers. Impressive in it’s own right. I received neither, but will be back next year to fight the good fight. Best of luck to the rest of us, have a great year and I’ll see you all back here in the spring. Spring ‘24s gonna be the year.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Added OSU and Houston

University of Connecticut - Invite sent 6/14 unknown: Virtual interview (July 12th)- Offers made
University of Florida -
invite sent 6/26 email : interview (July 13th and 14th)- Offers made
University of Illinois at Chicago - Invite sent 6/23 email: Interview (July 12th, 13th)- Offers made

University of Louisville - invite sent 6/11 email phone call: interview (July 14th)- Offers made

University of Kentucky -
Louisiana State University - Invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Spots filled
Harvard University -

University of Michigan -
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine - invite (June 23); interview (July 7th)- Spots Filled

Columbia University -

Ohio State University - invite sent 6/9 phone: interview (July 5th, July 6th) - Spots filled

Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry - phone call 6/13/23: interview (July 11th) - Spots filled
University of Texas at Houston - invite sent 6/9 email: Interview (July 14th)- Offers made

Marquette University -

I applied twice. The first time I only applied to 3 schools and that is a no no for endo application.
My advice: apply to MULTIPLE schools (more than 10) to get more chances at getting interviews.
I never went to AAE, never shadowed, never emailed anyone for them to know me. It's just not something I like to do.
I ranked #6 in my class (3.6 gpa), took the ADAT, did gpr and worked in multiple jobs at the same time.
I think that once you get an interview you are 50% in, they are just looking for someone nice that will do amazing with a team and work hard.
I applied to 12 schools and got 6 interviews.
My advice: just be you on the interview, don't try to impress. They already know your background, now they just want to know your personality to see if you fit with the group. Everyone that got an interview has the same potential you have, but different personalities.

GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 3 users
I applied twice. The first time I only applied to 3 schools and that is a no no for endo application.
My advice: apply to MULTIPLE schools (more than 10) to get more chances at getting interviews.
I never went to AAE, never shadowed, never emailed anyone for them to know me. It's just not something I like to do.
I ranked #6 in my class (3.6 gpa), took the ADAT, did gpr and worked in multiple jobs at the same time.
I think that once you get an interview you are 50% in, they are just looking for someone nice that will do amazing with a team and work hard.
I applied to 12 schools and got 6 interviews.
My advice: just be you on the interview, don't try to impress. They already know your background, now they just want to know your personality to see if you fit with the group. Everyone that got an interview has the same potential you have, but different personalities.

GOOD LUCK!
Schools invite 5-8 candidates for each spot... the math don't math...

Congrats on the acceptance, but this is a bit cringy. They definitely need to like you to accept you. But that’s based on your personality, work ethic, philosophy, and maturity. And that’s AFTER you check all the other boxes. Your sentiment is appreciated, but it’s not as simple as being fun to be around. Although a fun to be around vibe is surely noted.
I could have defined fun to be around a bit better. of course work ethic, philosophy and maturity is important but at the end of the day your written application will show most of those traits which is why you got the interview in the first place. I guess I am just trying to say try to relax and enjoy a conversation for the interview. it shows much more if you are able to converse with someone then clearly reading a script you wrote days before. In my interview I tried to talk about my research and GPR/work experience and they literally could have cared less. They just wanted to get to know me, interests, and as you said my philosphy/the way i think which is why I say try to show that you are an interesting and fun person. I could have explained it better but I assumed everyone who applies to endo already has a great work ethic and passion for endo and is mature.

I mainly used First Aid for the basic sciences; mental dental videos for the clinical sciences and a bunch of videos for biostatistics (there are a lot in YouTube), at the end I tried to do the exams in crack the ADAT (don’t take it personal if you don’t score good on them, they are way harder that in the actual exam). I scored 560. I think studying all of them won’t take you more than 3 months if you work Monday- Friday, it took me 4 because I also work Saturdays.

I used Youtube for Mental Dental and Biostats. And Also Adat knockout. Went through all the questions twice. 2.5 months. Used the first month doing youtube but felt I learned more from doing questions and reviewing. Worked full time too M-F 9-5pm Studied after work 6-9pm. And weekends Saturday/Sunday 10-6pm. Some days I didn’t want to and took breaks. I scored 540 which was about average. I felt like the questions I didn’t know, I would have never come across in materials if I spent more time studying. I only took the ADAT because I was interested in schools that required it but didn’t recieve interviews from them sooo idk if it helped.

Washington offers made. Anyone hear anything from OHSU or UTHSC?

has nyu given out some offers yet? how many more interview days are there?

Thank you for answering.
So if I take the ADAT next March of 2024, will the score available by May 2023 to submit to Adea Pass ? Or do I have to wait for everyone to take it to be grade on the curve?
i got my score 2 wks later. I took it end of April and it was available to be sent to adea by the applicaiton time.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know much about Loma Lindas program? Id love to get some feedback on what their program is like!

Has anyone been in a group interview with multiple applicants in the room with you? What do they ask in these types of interviews?

Any international applicant with non-US dental degree got interviews and accepted in an endo program either this year or before ? I would like to connect and have a conversation to advise. Thanks alot