2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone here heard about merit aid yet?

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I just got the Net Partner email tonight to apply for need based aid. I set up the account and logged in, and I know it says it's required to fill out the "Intent to Apply for Aid" form. Does anyone know where to find it? It shows up as "Not Received" in my "My Documents" tab, but when I click "View Forms Here," it's not one of the options. The forms showing for me mostly seem like they are for international students, which I am not. I'll reach out to their office next week, but I feel like I might be missing something blatantly obvious.
Yeah exact same problem, was just about to ask lmao. I think they still need to update things in their portal, given how late the financial aid process is going this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably reading way too much into this, but did anyone else who has not yet been accepted receive an email this morning from WashU SNMA addressed to "Dear Student," rather than applicant or my name? Assume I was added to a generic mailing list and it doesn't mean anything, but wanted to see!

Probably reading way too much into this, but did anyone else who has not yet been accepted receive an email this morning from WashU SNMA addressed to "Dear Student," rather than applicant or my name? Assume I was added to a generic mailing list and it doesn't mean anything, but wanted to see!
Did you check the 'SNMA' box in the "student groups" tab on your secondary? I assume its an automated email sent to applicants who checked that box

oh wait- just realized it said "Student". Damn thats prob a good sign :O

Last edited:
I haven’t been accepted but got the email as well. I personally doubt it means we have been accepted but I’d love to be proven wrong!

does anyone know what time the WUSM "Meet the Students" zoom sessions are for this week? I got an email last week mentioning how there were two sessions left this week on 2/27 and 2/29 with the zoom link but didn't see a time listed for when they were

thanks!

Just received the call for the full-tuition merit scholarship :biglove: Hope you guys get the call, too!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Just received the call for the full-tuition merit scholarship :biglove: Hope you guys get the call, too!!
Huge congrats! Do you have a scholarship tab in your application portal already? I know last year that's how some people knew they were getting one (before or without a call) -- seeing if there's a way to know for others if they have merit scholarships!

Huge congrats! Do you have a scholarship tab in your application portal already? I know last year that's how some people knew they were getting one (before or without a call) -- seeing if there's a way to know for others if they have merit scholarships!
Thank you! Yes, as per my caller, the scholarship tab was already there before the call.

Reactions: 1 users
Also got the full tuition merit scholarship! Dean Ratts said that it isn't fully overlapping with need-based aid, so after that factors in, it's possible to be at or near full cost of attendance coverage.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are all of those that get accepted in this next wave going to be called? Or do some accepted students simply get an email and/or status update in portal?

WashU I begU can you please release decisions already :')

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone who has been accepted and not yet been called have a scholarship tab? I've read that they're fairly generous with their merit scholarships and I was hoping to receive one, but don't have a scholarship tab and can't tell if that's a bad omen or not. They are currently my top choice, but finances will determine my ultimate decision (i know need-based aid forms just came out as well).

Does anyone who has been accepted and not yet been called have a scholarship tab? I've read that they're fairly generous with their merit scholarships and I was hoping to receive one, but don't have a scholarship tab and can't tell if that's a bad omen or not. They are currently my top choice, but finances will determine my ultimate decision (i know need-based aid forms just came out as well).
Same, accepted in Dec, no scholarship tab

So the scholarship calls were separate from A calls?
Yeah, already got the A two months ago and the dean called to tell me about the scholarship

I'm in the same boat.

Does anyone know how much LOI matters here? Interviewed in late November and still waiting to hear

Full-tuition scholarship from a Dec acceptance, calls are still going out!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Full-tuition scholarship from a Dec acceptance, calls are still going out!
Called just before your post? I still don’t have a scholarship tab, but since people just started posting recently I’m holding out :) still some time, I hope!

Edit: Also, did you all have scholarship tabs yesterday, or are they updating day by day? Not sure if you checked yesterday or not and I'm sorry for being crazy!

Last edited:
Called just before your post? I still don’t have a scholarship tab, but since people just started posting recently I’m holding out :) still some time, I hope!

Edit: Also, did you all have scholarship tabs yesterday, or are they updating day by day? Not sure if you checked yesterday or not and I'm sorry for being crazy!

I just got the call and I didn't have the scholarship tab yesterday (or even a couple hours ago).

Reactions: 1 users
They definitely like interest, so a LOI can only help. I never sent a LOI, but I reach out to their office after interviewing to learn more about one of their student groups. I think they just like when people show genuine interest and excitement in the school. I ended up getting accepted in December and got called with a full tuition scholarship yesterday. If you want to get connected to a student with a specific interest or identity, you can also request that they put you in touch. I'm pretty sure they encouraged that on my interview day.
That's awesome, thank you! I was actually really interested in getting connected to a student group, but wasn't sure who to reach out to. Did you just email office of admissions?

do we think the odds are high for them coming out tomorrow and friday? or do we think it may be next week?

Do we think they will start making calls earlier today or still around the 4-5pm-ish CST time?

Just to check, have any WL/Rs gone out post II or will those all come following the final wave of As?

Just got a voicemail from my interviewer, OOS A! I don't even see a missed call in my phone record

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users