2023-2024 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do u mean the early March or late March date or unknown ? i apologize for my neuroticism 😅
This I do not know, sorry.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone have a portal update for Rs/WLs? I'm curious whether they're sending post-II Rs/WLs at each decision date, or if they are saving them to be released at the end.

Does anyone know if they send confirmation if you upload an update letter to the portal? Do we have to send it anywhere else,

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to confirm, you won't be able to attend second look if you aren't accepted by the March waves, right?

Anyone know how we should upload letters of intent? Portal or email to admissions?

Is anyone else who was accepted last week not having Wash U show up in the Choose Your Medical School tool on AMCAS?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed late Nov and still haven't heard back. Submitted update letter shortly after interview, and I'm wondering if there would be a point in submitting a LOI now?

I interviewed late Nov and still haven't heard back. Submitted update letter shortly after interview, and I'm wondering if there would be a point in submitting a LOI now?
Can't hurt since they accept into April. I am in the same boat as you and sent a LOI and update

Can't hurt since they accept into April. I am in the same boat as you and sent a LOI and update
What do you write in your second LOI/update letter, may I ask? I am not sure what to write now because I already provided all the update in my previous LOI (after interviewed).

I did for the closed-file.
I did as well — she left me a little handwritten sticky note congratulating me on my acceptance in one of the mailed materials and I only saw it just now. It made me smile :)

Edit: I’m figuring she did this either for everyone, or for those she interviewed — but it was nice!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone interview with Dr. Glass (blind)?

My tin foil hat theory is that next round of acceptances will come out this thursday and friday (I know they said March 4th but historically they've come out every other week...trust)

What do you write in your second LOI/update letter, may I ask? I am not sure what to write now because I already provided all the update in my previous LOI (after interviewed).
I got a new job so I mentioned that and I sprinkled in some more interest to top it off (but like jobs, or publications, etc. would be good to mention and then top it off with some interest). Or at least thats what I think is good

Reactions: 1 user
For those accepted, did anyone receive any information on financial aid yet (either need-based or merit-based)? :(

For those accepted, did anyone receive any information on financial aid yet (either need-based or merit-based)? :(
I have not ... Just submitted CSS profile over the weekend tho

Edit: Also still haven't gotten netpartner login info from them. accepted in Dec

I have not ... Just submitted CSS profile over the weekend tho

Edit: Also still haven't gotten netpartner login info from them. accepted in Dec
May I ask how you submitted your CSS profile for WashU? I was also accepted in December but did not receive the CSS code yet, and I could not find it online.

May I ask how you submitted your CSS profile for WashU? I was also accepted in December but did not receive the CSS code yet, and I could not find it online.
I just searched it on CSS because I also couldn't find it. Hopefully I didn't just throw away that money haha.

1708537136313.png

I just searched it on CSS because I also couldn't find it. Hopefully I didn't just throw away that money haha.

View attachment 382965
I emailed admissions about net partner back in Jan and I haven’t gotten that either. The admissions person told me to fill out FAFSA but nothing about CSS so I didn’t fill it out and given how involved it is, probably won’t unless we are told it’s needed…. The CSS might be used for other programs in the school of medicine (like PhDs)?

Their financial aid website said that the CSS profile will be required for need-based aid; however, it also says we should get a code once admitted that allows us to not pay the CSS profile fee (which is really nice of them). Sadly, it seems no one has received that code yet :( Sorry to hear you may have thrown that money away, but fingers crossed you didn't :cryi:

Their financial aid website said that the CSS profile will be required for need-based aid; however, it also says we should get a code once admitted that allows us to not pay the CSS profile fee (which is really nice of them). Sadly, it seems no one has received that code yet :( Sorry to hear you may have thrown that money away, but fingers crossed you didn't :cryi:
Darn! Well, I should've looked into it more thoroughly -- I def think continuing to wait makes the most sense. Just very eager to hear more about what my financial situation would be here. Sigh

from past experience/research, does anyone have a hunch as to which of the four WashU decision release dates (ie, waves) results in the most or least amount of acceptances? The last wave (2 of 4) seemed low, but I'm not sure.

Darn! Well, I should've looked into it more thoroughly -- I def think continuing to wait makes the most sense. Just very eager to hear more about what my financial situation would be here. Sigh
Haha, I definitely feel that, I feel so antsy not being able to submit everything yet

Can admitted applicants see CYMS "Plan to Enroll" in AMCS?

from past experience/research, does anyone have a hunch as to which of the four WashU decision release dates (ie, waves) results in the most or least amount of acceptances? The last wave (2 of 4) seemed low, but I'm not sure.
Based on previous years my guess (and prayer) is that the next wave will be the biggest, but this could also be cope

For LOI, should it be addressed straight to Dean Ratts or the admissions committee? Should it be emailed or still uploaded to portal? I'm seeing contradictory opinions online

Anyone know if the 30% post-II acceptance rate figure from admit.org is correct? Feels a bit higher than the numbers I've seen thrown around on previous threads (closer to 20%)

No clue where this website is getting its data from

Anyone know if the 30% post-II acceptance rate figure from admit.org is correct? Feels a bit higher than the numbers I've seen thrown around on previous threads (closer to 20%)

I think I've seen like ~25% so the 29% they have on their website does not seem too way off.

admit.org sources its data from the USNews spreadsheets, which also float around on SDN