2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well originally it sounded like there would be one in Mid December but the wave at the end of November was unprecedented… don’t know if that means there will still be a mid December wave or not, so if not then it’ll be January.

Thanks. Keeping fingers crossed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When is the next wave of acceptance?
The admissions director is super nice and she told me the dates a few weeks ago (granted the late november was still a curve ball) but I am sure she'd be happy to clarify things and answer your question!

The admissions director is super nice and she told me the dates a few weeks ago (granted the late november was still a curve ball) but I am sure she'd be happy to clarify things and answer your question!

What dates you were told by her? Sorry if I missed something obvious already posted.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What dates you were told by her? Sorry if I missed something obvious already posted.
If I recall, she said there would be one in December, one in January, and one in March but it is important to note that she didn't mention the November date (and I actually think they decided the late November date after I wrote her the email so maybe there is no Decemeber date because of it).

If I recall, she said there would be one in December, one in January, and one in March but it is important to note that she didn't mention the November date (and I actually think they decided the late November date after I wrote her the email so maybe there is no Decemeber date because of it).

Makes sense. Thank you.

OOS Pre-II R
LM 77, complete mid August. Wasn't a total mission fit, but figured I would give it a shot.

• Care
According to an email I received from admissions, they've given out over 95% of their IIs.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Post-secondary R just now. OOS, LM 77 (ish? long story), complete late August. Not a great mission fit so I’m not surprised. Good luck to anyone still in contention!

• Care
Does Uchicago accept letters of intent? I’ve been fortunate to receive a couple acceptances but I know this school is my #1. I interviewed 10/2 and haven’t heard back. Would it be beneficial to write one?
I sent a letter of interest and got accepted, I think they would be even more thrilled to see a letter of intent

I sent a letter of interest and got accepted, I think they would be even more thrilled to see a letter of intent
I sent a letter of interest and am still waiting to hear back - glad to hear they can work though! Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent a letter of interest and am still waiting to hear back - glad to hear they can work though! Fingers crossed
It should be noted that I think I am a strong mission fit which seems to be something UChicago heavily emphasizes too

pre-II R just now, completed 8/15 LM 71. lol honestly relieved to have heard back

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R 7/5 submission date

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Scared I still haven’t heard anything submitted first day

• Care
OOS Pre-II R, complete 9/1, LM 78. good luck everyone!

• Care
I always hear that uchicago really considers mission fit very strongly. Sometimes it’s hard to glean what that exactly means—I guess what is uvhicago specifically looking for when they look for mission fit? Like open and collaborative learning community? Passion for research? Social justice? If anyone has insight that’d be great!

I always hear that uchicago really considers mission fit very strongly. Sometimes it’s hard to glean what that exactly means—I guess what is uvhicago specifically looking for when they look for mission fit? Like open and collaborative learning community? Passion for research? Social justice? If anyone has insight that’d be great!
The school emphasizes social/health justice, health equity, community engagement, and working with underserved populations, A LOT!

Reactions: 4 users
The school emphasizes social/health justice, health equity, community engagement, and working with underserved populations, A LOT!
I second this answer. I think what helped me most to get the A was volunteering at a free clinic that is Uchicago run too (plus life story)

I second this answer. I think what helped me most to get the A was volunteering at a free clinic that is Uchicago run too (plus life story)
Thanks so much! That's what I was kinda thinking... hoping this letter of intent does smth!!

Pre-II R just now, complete 11/21

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre-II R just now! Complete 8/1. I bid you all farewell 😔