2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know what date folks have to give up their waitlist spot(s) if they are currently holding an acceptance somewhere else?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know what date folks have to give up their waitlist spot(s) if they are currently holding an acceptance somewhere else?
in the email it said you have 15 business days to accept or decline your spot on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
from my understanding, if you hold multiple acceptances you have to indicate only one to "plan to enroll" to by April 30th. this will keep you on your waitlists, but you will no longer hold multiple acceptances. You will only drop from waitlists once you "commit to enroll". Every school's deadline for this is slightly different but it seems early June is the consensus. Correct me if I am wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
Random...maybe dumb question...but do you send thank you's for being placed on a WL. I haven't previously for other school WL's and now I am worried that I messed that up. Thoughts?
I wouldn’t say “thank you for not rejecting me” lmao
But if you have an update you could send that

from my understanding, if you hold multiple acceptances you have to indicate only one to "plan to enroll" to by April 30th. this will keep you on your waitlists, but you will no longer hold multiple acceptances. You will only drop from waitlists once you "commit to enroll". Every school's deadline for this is slightly different but it seems early June is the consensus. Correct me if I am wrong
Oh okay, yes. This is what I was referring to. Thank you!

IS reg WL! This is the battle I signed up for. The wait continues 🥵🥵🥵

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
I couldn't find UCLA's specific date, but most of the schools I've been involved with have the CTE deadline as 7/1. So this would be the latest you could hold both an A and WLs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS top of WL:") , interviewed in January (this sucks). How likely are we to get off the WL since this is a top choice for me

For those who had top of WL distinction, was there any mention of that in your portal when accepting/declining the waitlist offer?

Were any of the decisions released today for PRIME or only general MD? I was waitlisted for PRIME last week and was wondering if they sent all the decisions on the same date? Also if anyone knows if there's any WL movement for PRIME pls share, I couldn't find anything on last year's thread 😟

Were any of the decisions released today for PRIME or only general MD? I was waitlisted for PRIME last week and was wondering if they sent all the decisions on the same date? Also if anyone knows if there's any WL movement for PRIME pls share, I couldn't find anything on last year's thread 😟
I heard it varies each year :""))

Reactions: 1 user
for those who are 'top of wl', any insight into how this translates to acceptance? also seeing a ton of WL this year, but maybe we are a more active bunch :) congrats to all

edit: OOS top of wl

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if our group is more active - given our 47* page thread haha

*edit

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OOS top of waitlist - honestly, Im over the moon with this decision. UCLA was a dream and it seems like it may come true (just later lol)

• Care
Can regular WL people contact UCLA to inquire as to what their rank is (for planning purposes) or is this discouraged

Based on what I heard, UCLA has two type of waitlists. One waitlist which is the "Top priority" are the students who have the designation of the top of wait list. In this waitlist, students are ranked and when spots become available they receive their acceptances. The other waitlist which is "second priority" waitlist, is unranked and include students from the regular WL. When the admission runs out of the students in the "Top priority" waitlist and they still have spots left, then they offer admission to the regular WL. This is based on what I found in previous threads.

how does ‘top of waitlist’ translate to acceptances? Anyone not get in from previous years / threads?

Just going through last year’s thread, I see more than 3 people get off WL who were not Top of WL… so I guess the clowning continues alright

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I’m gonna call Monday and ask for clarification bc why not honestly

Reactions: 5 users
Does the 200 number include only people that accept a waitlist position or everyone that’s offered a waitlist?

All decisions for Prime go out the same day. A first, WL the next day and R the week after. I was waitlisted for Prime 2 years ago but didn’t get off WL. I heard very seldom people get off WL ☹️ Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Care
Guess I'll be clownin with you all, praying for that A now until summer time. OOS reg WL, interviewed end of Oct

• Care
All decisions for Prime go out the same day. A first, WL the next day and R the week after. I was waitlisted for Prime 2 years ago but didn’t get off WL. I heard very seldom people get off WL ☹️ Good luck!
thank you for this! I had a feeling the chance was slim but wanted confirmation 😣

Thanks for this information! Do you know if sending a letter of intent will increase chances of getting off the waitlist?
Files are closed after interviews, but I honestly sit in the camp that I'm gonna do it so that I KNOW that I put in my maximum effort and whatever happens happens.

Edit: Yes, I sent in a letter of interest (not intent) after my waitlist.

I’ve seen you mention you got in off the WL. Were you designated “top of WL”?
Nope! I was normal waitlist. I did not hear back right away once we got into May, so maybe they went through those folks before getting to me.

Can regular WL people contact UCLA to inquire as to what their rank is (for planning purposes) or is this discouraged
Feel free to, but UCLA doesn't rank their waitlist since everyone offers something slightly different.

for those who got accepted, mind liking this post if you don't think you'll be committing to DGSOM? am getting excited about the WL but realize I might need to temper expectations