2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The FB group went up by like 17 since I last checked on Friday, so I feel like there were A’s this week that weren’t reported on SDN… (or people just now getting added to the group?)
I feel like we would have heard at least of one or two if they accepted a bunch of ppl this week idk tho
what I do know is that i need this to be over

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Could someone please share if there are current students in the FB group? I read in last year's thread that there were ~40 MS1s. Could be current students joining

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT THE A!! IS, interviewed 9/14 there's still hope!!! It's not over til it's over!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Fingers and toes crossed for all of us hearing back ASAP AND getting an A 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Did any accepted students receive a call from interviewer checking in weeks after they were accepted? Just wondering if that might mean anything or it’s just them being kind and caring 🤔

Reactions: 1 users
Did any accepted students receive a call from interviewer checking in weeks after they were accepted? Just wondering if that might mean anything or it’s just them being kind and caring 🤔
why? someone PERSONALLY called u??? lmao seems like a great sign!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a call from one of my interviewers. I figured they notified in a batch the interviewers if any of the people they talked to were accepted. Don't think it really means too much, mostly based on their personality. My other interviewer didn't reply to my thank you letter/note (and I'm assuming probably won't call me either).

Looking at last two years, looks like they tend to begin releasing scholarships around this Friday. Fingers crossed they drop today.

Can any current students chime in if they received a call/email and whether it meant anything? 😅

Yes both of my interviewers reached out to me! One left me a VM saying congrats and to call if I had questions and the other wanted to set up a time to chat! I wonder if they’re just excited that people they interviewed were accepted lol

Re: calls and whether it means anything
- Some faculty interviewers like to reach out and congratulate the people they interviewed! Some don't realize that you got accepted, some didn't find the call, etc etc.
- We started this thing last year where current students would reach out to accepted students to say congrats, ask if they have any questions. It did not mean anything in terms of whether you're likely to get a scholarship -- we as current students don't see the list of people being considered for scholarships.

Re: chances of getting off waitlist
- I hate giving this answer. but it truly depends on how many accepted students decide to take their medical journeys elsewhere. There are classes where literally nobody gets off the waitlist cause everyone who was initially accepted kept their spot and DGSOM even had to over-enroll students. There are also other classes where almost 1/4 of the class will be students off the waitlist.

Re: when does getting off the waitlist happen
- Could be anytime, but likely to be in May after the April 30th deadline for students to withdraw their acceptances from all but one school. Some people will hear the first week of May. I know others who didn't get off the waitlist until July and literally had a couple weeks to move to LA.

Reactions: 6 users
post II-R interviewed sept 25th just rn, devastated. im actaully sobbing

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users
OOS WL. Last year it was an R. Maybe next year it’s an A.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Alternate list @ 9:04 EST. Interviewed 12/4

• Care
- Some faculty interviewers like to reach out and congratulate the people they interviewed! Some don't realize that you got accepted, some didn't find the call, etc etc.
- We started this thing last year where current students would reach out to accepted students to say congrats, ask if they have any questions. It did not mean anything in terms of whether you're likely to get a scholarship -- we as current students don't see the list of people being considered for scholarships.

- I hate giving this answer. but it truly depends on how many accepted students decide to take their medical journeys elsewhere. There are classes where literally nobody gets off the waitlist cause everyone who was initially accepted kept their spot and DGSOM even had to over-enroll students. There are also other classes where almost 1/4 of the class will be students off the waitlist.

- Could be anytime, but likely to be in May after the April 30th deadline for students to withdraw their acceptances from all but one school. Some people will hear the first week of May. I know others who didn't get off the waitlist until July and literally had a couple weeks to move to LA.
Thanks for this information! Do you know if sending a letter of intent will increase chances of getting off the waitlist?

OOS top of waitlist from a November interview, tho prolly declining. Best of luck to you guys and esp the in-state ppl!

• Care

I’ve seen you mention you got in off the WL. Were you designated “top of WL”?

I know probably this has been answered somewhere before, but how is the movement for the WL people who are NOT top of the list?

IS post-II R. So confused and heartbroken... I really though I killed my interviews and even got told by interviewers that I would be a "great fit". I know the interview isn't everything but it still really stings. I guess it's not meant to be :( Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
IS WL, heard there's decent movement for UCLA but still crossing fingers

• Care
IS reg WL. What does top of the WL in the email look like?

IS reg WL. What does top of the WL in the email look like?
OOS top of WL (though no mention of this in the portal?), interviewed 12/1.

It says:

“Your application to the 2024 entering class has been carefully and holistically reviewed by our Admissions Committee and while it was not selected for one of the limited spaces available for an admission offer, the Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you the option to remain on our alternate list.  As your application is near the top of our list, you will be among the first to receive an opening space in our 2024 entering class.”

IS reg WL.

Random...maybe dumb question...but do you send thank you's for being placed on a WL. I haven't previously for other school WL's and now I am worried that I messed that up. Thoughts?