2023-2024 UCLA (Geffen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe mid march. Hopefully they are generous
Totally I need $$$ bad lmao

I submitted the fafsa but I have yet to fill out uclas internal fin aid stuff… I should probs get on that tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Do we think we’ll hear about WL this week? Interviewed in September and im just….so tired of waiting lmao

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think we’ll hear about WL this week? Interviewed in September and im just….so tired of waiting lmao
i interviewed in october and i don’t want to be negative but i have basically assumed that this is a WL/R for me. if not i guess i can be pleasantly surprised

Reactions: 1 users
i interviewed in october and i don’t want to be negative but i have basically assumed that this is a WL/R for me. if not i guess i can be pleasantly surprised
Same but like….I wanna know. Honestly like whenever I get rejected a small part of me is just happy to have an answer either way and narrow down possibilities of where I could end up! It’s a kindness to give someone a timely awnser, whatever that awnser may be.

Reactions: 5 users
also September interviewee and want to call the office because almost 7 months is an insane amount of time with no communication…,

• Care
also September interviewee and want to call the office because almost 7 months is an insane amount of time with no communication…,
I honestly have half a mind too but don’t think they even give that info. It is incredibly frustrating and I think the admissions office should seriously invest some time into thinking about how they can better communicate and increase the transparency of their process. They’re not the only school that leaves people in the dark for the better part of a year after they spend time and money applying and interviewing, but this just shouldn’t be a norm!
Sorry that’s my rant :) thanks for reading!

Same but like….I wanna know. Honestly like whenever I get rejected a small part of me is just happy to have an answer either way and narrow down possibilities of where I could end up! It’s a kindness to give someone a timely awnser, whatever that awnser may be.
i agree, even having a date to expect an answer by would be helpful

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected from another school Post II UGH I jeeed this now more than ever pls God!!! 😭😭😭

• Care
apparently exacly a year ago they sent out WL so hopefully tmrw we will have some more news, although its thurs and not tues. i feel like they are done with As yall :(

• Care
I'm ready ucla. Hit me with that WL already, I ain't scared 😤😤😤😤

Edit: I got that dog in me ruff ruff

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Have any of the accepted students receive any financial awards/scholarships yet?

The FB group went up by like 17 since I last checked on Friday, so I feel like there were A’s this week that weren’t reported on SDN… (or people just now getting added to the group?)

The FB group went up by like 17 since I last checked on Friday, so I feel like there were A’s this week that weren’t reported on SDN… (or people just now getting added to the group?)
I feel like we would have heard at least of one or two if they accepted a bunch of ppl this week idk tho
what I do know is that i need this to be over

• Care
Could someone please share if there are current students in the FB group? I read in last year's thread that there were ~40 MS1s. Could be current students joining

Reactions: 1 user
JUST GOT THE A!! IS, interviewed 9/14 there's still hope!!! It's not over til it's over!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 19 users
Fingers and toes crossed for all of us hearing back ASAP AND getting an A 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Last edited:
Did any accepted students receive a call from interviewer checking in weeks after they were accepted? Just wondering if that might mean anything or it’s just them being kind and caring 🤔

Did any accepted students receive a call from interviewer checking in weeks after they were accepted? Just wondering if that might mean anything or it’s just them being kind and caring 🤔
why? someone PERSONALLY called u??? lmao seems like a great sign!!!!

I also got a call from one of my interviewers. I figured they notified in a batch the interviewers if any of the people they talked to were accepted. Don't think it really means too much, mostly based on their personality. My other interviewer didn't reply to my thank you letter/note (and I'm assuming probably won't call me either).

Reactions: 1 user
Looking at last two years, looks like they tend to begin releasing scholarships around this Friday. Fingers crossed they drop today.

Can any current students chime in if they received a call/email and whether it meant anything? 😅

Yes both of my interviewers reached out to me! One left me a VM saying congrats and to call if I had questions and the other wanted to set up a time to chat! I wonder if they’re just excited that people they interviewed were accepted lol

Re: calls and whether it means anything
- Some faculty interviewers like to reach out and congratulate the people they interviewed! Some don't realize that you got accepted, some didn't find the call, etc etc.
- We started this thing last year where current students would reach out to accepted students to say congrats, ask if they have any questions. It did not mean anything in terms of whether you're likely to get a scholarship -- we as current students don't see the list of people being considered for scholarships.

Re: chances of getting off waitlist
- I hate giving this answer. but it truly depends on how many accepted students decide to take their medical journeys elsewhere. There are classes where literally nobody gets off the waitlist cause everyone who was initially accepted kept their spot and DGSOM even had to over-enroll students. There are also other classes where almost 1/4 of the class will be students off the waitlist.

Re: when does getting off the waitlist happen
- Could be anytime, but likely to be in May after the April 30th deadline for students to withdraw their acceptances from all but one school. Some people will hear the first week of May. I know others who didn't get off the waitlist until July and literally had a couple weeks to move to LA.

Reactions: 6 users
post II-R interviewed sept 25th just rn, devastated. im actaully sobbing

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users