2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS Pre-II R. Complete 8/17, Hold 11/17.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
IS Pre-II R. This was the last school pre-I I had to hear back from(Withdrew from the rest in October and December). Cycle almost done:headphone:

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 pre-II/post-Hold R. Pretty much seals my fate to leave my home state, but I welcome the opportunity. Good luck everybody else!

• Care
+1 pre-II R after hold. UCSD undergrad and working at a UCSD lab during my gap year. Time to move out of my apartment LOL

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Can any current or past med students give some advice on where to live as an MS1? I am filling out the grad student housing application, and there are 6 housing communities (Nuevo East, Nuevo West, Mesa Nuevo, Mesa apts, Coast apts, and One Miramar) we can rank. Would love some insight into the pros and cons of each (other than cost).

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current or past med students give some advice on where to live as an MS1? I am filling out the grad student housing application, and there are 6 housing communities (Nuevo East, Nuevo West, Mesa Nuevo, Mesa apts, Coast apts, and One Miramar) we can rank. Would love some insight into the pros and cons of each (other than cost).
I live off-campus, but many of the on-campus med students live in Neuvo West, Mesa Nueva, or Nuevo East — these are newer buildings and right next to each other. Mesa Nueva units have a dishwasher, and I believe Mesa Nueva and Nuevo West are furnished. As for One Miramar and Mesa Apartments, these are also in the same grad housing cluster but are older / more dated buildings. I haven't heard of medical students living in the Coast apartments, probably since they are further away from the rest of grad housing / medical school / hospital.

Do we need to have roommates arranged yet to apply for housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to have roommates arranged yet to apply for housing?
I don't think so. The email I received recommended getting on the waitlist, even if you aren't sure of your preferences yet. Also, there is an admitted CO2028 FB group, and on the page, there is a Google doc for finding roommates!

+1 haven't heard anything after completing secondaries.. has ANYONE received IIs this past week or should i start hammering in the nail on the coffin 🫶

I got the UCSD secondary very late (Sept) and submitted it late (Oct). I haven't been put on hold, but I am assuming they haven't even gotten to my application yet. I'm moving forward and assuming its an R and will be prepping to reapply. This upcoming cycle I'll be applying prime as I believe I'll be a good fit for that program based on my extracurricular experiences and goals as a physician. Best of luck to those of you still waiting. Hope you all get an II and/or A!

• Care
I got the UCSD secondary very late (Sept) and submitted it late (Oct). I haven't been put on hold, but I am assuming they haven't even gotten to my application yet. I'm moving forward and assuming its an R and will be prepping to reapply. This upcoming cycle I'll be applying prime as I believe I'll be a good fit for that program based on my extracurricular experiences and goals as a physician. Best of luck to those of you still waiting. Hope you all get an II and/or A!
Submitted 8/30 but honestly i'm starting to feel that all hope is lost for a shot here.. praying for my comrades in arms who have yet to hear back!

I looked through past threads and I saw someone get an II in March so it's definitely possible for those who haven't heard back at all to get an interview... fingers crossed!

Waiting for hear after my interview, the post-ii A is like one-in-three right? this waiting is killing me

• Care
Waiting for hear after my interview, the post-ii A is like one-in-three right? this waiting is killing me
25% chance of acceptance immediately post interview, the other 8% acceptance comes from waitlist movement.

Hey everyone! Sorry if this has been asked before, but for those who have interviewed, do you know around what time your interview day ended? Thanks in advance!

Thanks! No, but I added the admissions email address to my contacts to hopefully avoid it going to spam
Ok cool, thanks! I also haven't heard anything since submission late August so hoping for the best :1whistle: Best of luck to you with your interview though!!!

For peeps who have interviewed, what did ya’ll do for thank you letters? Seems like they don’t really care about them but they still welcome applicants to upload them if they wish? Do peeps who didn’t upload thank you notes get As? Thanks!
I didn’t do thank you notes and got accepted

i didn’t write thank you notes and i also got accepted! i really don’t think they care or are necessary, especially for mmis

Does anyone know when they typically start accepting off WL? or how many they accept? Thanks in advance :)

anyone still waiting for any communication LOL also did they send an update to those of you who have already interviewed stating when they're going to be done sending IIs?

anyone still waiting for any communication LOL also did they send an update to those of you who have already interviewed stating when they're going to be done sending IIs?
Complete back in August… still nothing

Reactions: 4 users
Idk if any schools explicitly tell anyone when they're done sending out IIs, but based purely on last year's UCSD SDN thread, the latest reported II was 2/24/23 and the latest reported interview date was 3/7/23. So based on that, I think they're pretty much done. But who knows?

Edit: In the 2021-22 cycle SDN, the latest reported II was on 2/4/22 and the latest reported interview date was 2/26/22

Last edited: