2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure if anyone knows this information to be honest.
Here’s my post from last year with some statistics

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm finding a fun hobby (gaming, Netflix, sports, working out, etc) to keep my mind off the application cycle. You need something fun to distract yourself as you start this long process. Keep strong, Texans

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I'm finding a fun hobby (gaming, Netflix, sports, working out, etc) to keep my mind off the application cycle. You need something fun to distract yourself as you start this long process. Keep strong, Texans
I'm starting class soon so that will distract me.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any stats or insight for applying ENMED out of state? Does ENMED have different stats then A&M proper?

Anyone have any stats or insight for applying ENMED out of state? Does ENMED have different stats then A&M proper?
We have not seen any stats.

If I were to guess, EnMed will have lower GPAs but higher MCAT scores. Overall may have better stats than the A&M med school primarily because people have gotten into med school but not EnMed.

Anyone been through the EnMed interviews recently, especially this cycle, that can say how they were and what they asked?

My stats were 517 mcat and 3.76 gpa and submitted secondary June 1st. I applied to 7 Texas schools and have not received a single interview invite. Should I start applying to more schools or stay patient? A&M is my top choice.

My stats were 517 mcat and 3.76 gpa and submitted secondary June 1st. I applied to 7 Texas schools and have not received a single interview invite. Should I start applying to more schools or stay patient? A&M is my top choice.
There are only a fraction of the interviews sent out, but if you’re a Texan and you only want to do this rodeo once, it’s easy to add the rest of the TMDSAS schools

Reactions: 1 users
There are only a fraction of the interviews sent out, but if you’re a Texan and you only want to do this rodeo once, it’s easy to add the rest of the TMDSAS schools
I’ve seen conflicting information about when the majority of applications are sent out. Do you know around when that is?

I’ve seen conflicting information about when the majority of applications are sent out. Do you know around when that is?
Do you mean the majority of the interviews?

Follow this thread (second post) for the interview invitation action 2023-2024 #2
Look back at last year's dates here #2 (but Match day will be a month earlier in 2024 so some of those February dates ain't gonna happen)

To see when people sent in their Primary TMDSAS apps, look here: #57

Follow the first thread and all your schools by clicking "watch" at the top of each topic
Class dismissed!

Last edited:
I interviewed here today with the assistant dean of admissions (super grateful) and he informed me they definitely look for a lot of service on applications and mission fit!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Do you mean the majority of the interviews?

Follow this thread (second post) for the interview invitation action 2023-2024 #2
Look back at last year's dates here #2 (but Match day will be a month earlier in 2024 so some of those February dates ain't gonna happen)

To see when people sent in their Primary TMDSAS apps, look here: #57

Follow the first thread and all your schools by clicking "watch" at the top of each topic
Class dismissed!
Thank you that’s very helpful

I interviewed here today with the assistant dean of admissions (super grateful) and he informed me they definitely look for a lot of service on applications and mission fit!
How was the overall vibe of the interview? Stressful or more relaxed? I interview here tomorrow! I got good vibes from the orientation on Monday, but some of the interview feedback on SDN mentions a few difficult interviewers and funky questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the overall vibe of the interview? Stressful or more relaxed? I interview here tomorrow! I got good vibes from the orientation on Monday, but some of the interview feedback on SDN mentions a few difficult interviewers and funky questions.
PMing you!

• Care
omg I am so glad you posted. I completed early june and was under the impression a&m has moved on but this gives me hope!!

Congrats again :)

I thought the same!! They must have gone back to review us early submitters

Reactions: 2 users
omg I am so glad you posted. I completed early june and was under the impression a&m has moved on but this gives me hope!!

Congrats again :)
This probably eased the minds of a lot of us 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Greetings! Hope everyone's holdin' up well out there :) For the peeps that have interviewed: were your two 30 minute interviews stacked back to back, or can they be literally any time between the 9am and 4pm block?

Greetings! Hope everyone's holdin' up well out there :) For the peeps that have interviewed: were your two 30 minute interviews stacked back to back, or can they be literally any time between the 9am and 4pm block?
One of mine was morning and one was afternoon, but I saw people had some scheduled back to back. Just depends!

One of mine was morning and one was afternoon, but I saw people had some scheduled back to back. Just depends!
TYSM!! And did you get to "log out"/go do other things for that break in between and then come back on a little before your second interview?

TYSM!! And did you get to "log out"/go do other things for that break in between and then come back on a little before your second interview?
Yes you only are online for your interviews that day! Good luck!

• Care
I can't speak for every cohort but for the class of 2024 our MCAT average was 2 points higher and gpa was about the same. EnMed has a special exemption from the Texas Department of Education allowing for higher out of state acceptance rate than the usual 10%.

One more question about interviews. Do they do these 7-minute Standardized Patient Exercises (SPE)? I found it on this page. If so when is that and what's it like?

when were you complete if you dont mind me asking?

Curious if any non trads have received an interview invite from A&M?

Any ENMED interviews lately? I was complete 08/01 and still waiting

IS II just now! LM 70 complete 6/19

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
II!!, only logged into the portal a bit after the email was sent so only got a late September date. Is this a disadvantage for prematching?

Last year @skeptastic interviewed on a Friday and received an offer on Monday at A&M.
In October! You're never too late, or interviewing at the "wrong time." Your time is your time!

Three weeks into medical school, I would tell all applicants to minimize stress, be yourself, and just let it happen. I know that seems easy to say since I'm on the other side of applying, but once you've started med school, you will be begging for the days when stress was related to interview dates and whatnot. Wait til you're studying all day, every day, and somehow never less than 3-5 lectures behind.

Firehose my butt. This is drinking from the Pacific lol! You all got this. Just enjoy it!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
II to enmed! Super excited!

I have a question regarding the enmed vs traditional a&m md application process. If I got an ii from enmed, it does not mean its an ii from traditional a&m correct?

Would there ever be a possibility that I get into enmed and not the traditional a&m md program?