2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II, Complete 7/31! Really glad I got love from this school! LM 71.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No, for us history falls under social and behavioral sciences. Please review this page for more information How to Prepare a Competitive Application | Burnett School of Medicine at TCU | Fort Worth, Texas
If I made a mistake in submitting my secondary and used incorrect courses for the humanities, but I have other courses on my transcript that do fulfill TCU's humanities requirement, should I send an email asking for those to be considered instead and admit my mistake? Will it disqualify me from an interview, or will my whole transcript be reviewed before that process? I submitted today using the classes that fulfilled the humanities requirements at my school and now regret being so hasty in clicking that button after recording my audio responses :cryi: the adrenaline got to me.

If I made a mistake in submitting my secondary and used incorrect courses for the humanities, but I have other courses on my transcript that do fulfill TCU's humanities requirement, should I send an email asking for those to be considered instead and admit my mistake? Will it disqualify me from an interview, or will my whole transcript be reviewed before that process? I submitted today using the classes that fulfilled the humanities requirements at my school and now regret being so hasty in clicking that button after recording my audio responses :cryi: the adrenaline got to me.
It's not the end of the world, no need to panic or over-apologize. Part of learning is admitting misunderstandings and moving on.

Go to theTCU website and really read their requirements carefully.
Then calmly compose an email that says that you may have entered the wrong classes as pre-reqs.
List classes that you think will fit. Ask for help.
wysdoc

OOS II received today (so excited!!)

Is anyone else having trouble trying to schedule the interview on the AMP portal? I keep getting a server error message when I try and select the interview date.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II received today (so excited!!)

Is anyone else having trouble trying to schedule the interview on the AMP portal? I keep getting a server error message when I try and select the interview date.
It was being weird for me yesterday too. The scheduling worked for me once I added and uploaded a headshot that was >4 mb

Is anybody else interviewing Monday and cannot get to 100% on the Check-In portal? I am at 83% and have completed everything. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in this.

You will be at 100% after your interview is complete. Interview candidates must login before noon CST Friday to confirm their camera and audio are working, if you have questions or concerns please reach out to [email protected].

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if for the prereqs they accept credit by exams? For english composition, I got credit at my university from the SAT and was wondering how I could add that since its not showing up on the side tab where the rest of my courses are.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if for the prereqs they accept credit by exams? For english composition, I got credit at my university from the SAT and was wondering how I could add that since its not showing up on the side tab where the rest of my courses are.
Case by Case decision on AP and P/F courses according to the last info I could find

I submitted AMCAS to this school on July 24th but still have not received a secondary. Worried I may have gotten screened out. Has anyone else not received secondaries yet?

I think the earliest date MD schools can notify about acceptances is 10/15

Wait can anyone confirm this?

I have been waiting to hear from a different school but not TCU. However, if this is true I’ll know it’s gonna be at least a couple weeks. The school said we could hear back in “as little as a week”, in middle September. Maybe that was a general statement though that really only applies after the October 15th deadline.

Per AAMC traffic rules: "Notify all Regular MD program applicants of their acceptance on or after October 15* of each admission cycle, but no earlier"

Per AAMC traffic rules: "Notify all Regular MD program applicants of their acceptance on or after October 15* of each admission cycle, but no earlier"

Gotcha, I did not know that. I’ve been checking my email constantly, now I know it can wait a couple weeks. Thanks!

Thank you that makes me feel a lot more at ease.

Wait can anyone confirm this?

I have been waiting to hear from a different school but not TCU. However, if this is true I’ll know it’s gonna be at least a couple weeks. The school said we could hear back in “as little as a week”, in middle September. Maybe that was a general statement though that really only applies after the October 15th deadline.
DO schools are allowed to offer acceptances earlier

I was verified and submitted my AMCAS in late July but I haven't received a secondary. Do you guys recommend reaching out to admissions? LM is 74 btw.

I was verified and submitted my AMCAS in late July but I haven't received a secondary. Do you guys recommend reaching out to admissions? LM is 74 btw.
I believe all who meet the minimum GPA/MCAT should get one, so you can email them and ask

I complete the check in steps but afterwards it keeps putting me back at 50% from 83%. Is anyone else dealing with this? The email said to finish check in steps by Friday.

I complete the check in steps but afterwards it keeps putting me back at 50% from 83%. Is anyone else dealing with this? The email said to finish check in steps by Friday.
Don't worry about it. The same thing happened to me, but it went to 100% after the interview. Just make sure your camera and mic are working. For me they weren't working so I opened the link on incognito mode and it fixed the issue.

are most of the interview spots filled or do you guys think there are still more to come?

are most of the interview spots filled or do you guys think there are still more to come?
It is almost guaranteed that more interview invites are to come. Last year there were II’s sent the last day of October, in November, and in December.

That's so brutal I'm sorry... do you have any idea as to why that could be? Bad interview?
I'm not really sure. I felt like the MMI went pretty well, but it's possible that I could have done poorly without realizing it. My stats are pretty far out of their range, but I can't imagine that post-II yield rejection is a thing, right? I probably just wasn't the best fit for their mission

• Care
Oh my goodness, I am so so so excited to say that I got the A from TCU this morning! I am so stoked. Off to cry now bye guys I love you all <3

Reactions: 9 users
If we did not receive an A or R this morning, does that mean we were rejected ?

no it means you're still eligible for consideration later
Oh I see. Thank you! Also does admissions only make calls today and during the morning ? Or will acceptances continue being communicated throughout the day and following week ?

Congratulations to everyone getting that glorious A!

As an MS-4, I believe our school is truly amazing and uniquely positions us well to succeed in the match and beyond. Happy to answer questions by message.

Welcome to the horned frog community!

I hope this school continues to send out acceptances this week 😅. Anyone know when the official decision (WL, A, R) will be sent? Typically TCU sends that out on Fridays right?

I hope this school continues to send out acceptances this week 😅. Anyone know when the official decision (WL, A, R) will be sent? Typically TCU sends that out on Fridays right?
By Friday they send out official decisions ?