2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did not put Genetics as a planned course on my AMCAS, should I email TCU and let them know so that I don’t get screened out pre-secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not put Genetics as a planned course on my AMCAS, should I email TCU and let them know so that I don’t get screened out pre-secondary?
You won't get screened out pre-secondary, but if you get further in their process to a secondary or interview, they will usually contact you to ask when you plan to finish the pre-reqs.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long admissions take to reply? Ive emailed them about issues with the recording but they still haven't gotten back to me. My question 1 wasn't completed even though I recorded it and it won't let me do it again, but question 2 recorded just fine

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long admissions take to reply? Ive emailed them about issues with the recording but they still haven't gotten back to me. My question 1 wasn't completed even though I recorded it and it won't let me do it again, but question 2 recorded just fine
Hello! We are currently a small and mighty team of 3 doing our best to send secondary invitations and answer NUMEROUS emails and phone calls. We appreciate patience and understanding at this very busy time for our team!

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Hello! We are currently a small and mighty team of 3 doing our best to send secondary invitations and answer NUMEROUS emails and phone calls. We appreciate patience and understanding at this very busy time for our team!
Thanks for touching base & welcome to your busy year!

Hello applicants, here are a few reminders for our upcoming cycle;
  • We have an audio recording in our secondary, please do not share the prompts with your pals on SDN.
  • We won't listen to your test question in AMP, so PLEASE use it to make sure your sound is clear.
  • Please use Chrome to complete the secondary.
  • All of our prerequisites have been listed on our website for years, but note that you do not have to be complete at the time of application.
  • We accept international students, OOS and in-state. We do not give preference to any of those groups.
  • If you have questions, please email our office at [email protected]
We wish you all the best of luck on your journey to medicine!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those who haven't done the secondary yet, I was freaking out but I just finished it and feel pretty good about it so try not to stress too much!

anyone else not received a secondary yet? OOS verified 6/23.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone else not received a secondary yet? OOS verified 6/23.
See the post by a TCU admissions team member here: #104
Thousands of you guys, 3 of them. Complete applicants will get a secondary but there are only so many hours in a workday!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Uhh so did anyone else completely botch those audio recordings o_O I thought I had to hit the start button so I could start recording my audio anytime within the 3 minutes...but turns out it was just automatically recording the whole time while I practiced my answer out loud...wondering if I should even bother submitting and paying the $100 atp lol

For the question asking if you were enrolled in community college during your undergraduate degree- would dual enrollment in high school count?

Members don't see this ad :)
I meet all the requirements but have not received a secondary. OOS student that submitted Primaries June 7th.

+1 OOS, Not gonna submit my secondary because I didn’t take physiology :( what a weird requirement to have imo

Submitted my secondary earlier today. The 2 questions were straightforward!

+1 OOS, Not gonna submit my secondary because I didn’t take physiology :( what a weird requirement to have imo
I prob won't submit too. I had a grade lower than a B for my physio class. It's my fault for not looking at the school's pre-req page. I thought Id be okay since TCU's MSAR page says: "All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of C or higher (C-courses do not qualify)."

Prerequisite courses do not have to be complete until June 1, 2024. You can submit your secondary application and let us know that you intend to complete the course.

Prerequisite courses do not have to be complete until June 1, 2024. You can submit your secondary application and let us know that you intend to complete the course.
Can people with a C take the class again to get a better grade where a B is required?

Secondary received, primary verified yesterday. Canadian, 511, 3.78 cGPA + lots of EC involving community service and global health

@SOM Admissions Hi there, thank you for the awesome work that you and your team are doing; we all really appreciate it so much! I was just curious, after completing the audio portion of the secondary, how soon can we expect to hear back if we will receive an interview? Thank you and have an amazing rest of your day/night!

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue but it says my question 2 was not completed

How long did the audio take you guys? Just wondering if I have time to do it before work lol

+1 OOS. My primary app was verified on 6/30, but I added the school to my list on 7/18

Pleasantly happy with the audio recordings:)

OOS secondary submitted with subpar stats

@SOM Admissions Hi there, thank you for the awesome work that you and your team are doing; we all really appreciate it so much! I was just curious, after completing the audio portion of the secondary, how soon can we expect to hear back if we will receive an interview? Thank you and have an amazing rest of your day/night!
We interview until the spring, so there is no set time when you could hear from us.

Reactions: 2 users
Received OOS secondary. I do not have a physiology course and have already graduated undergrad. Are there any course substitutes for the physiology pre req? Like anatomy or cell bio.

Can pharmacogenomics count as my genetic requirement? That’s the only course my school offers

Is anyone else having issues with the audio questions? I completed them but it says "not complete" next to one of the questions but it wont let me re-record either. I cannot submit until they are all completed. Please let me know is anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows the solution for it!

Is anyone else having issues with the audio questions? I completed them but it says "not complete" next to one of the questions but it wont let me re-record either. I cannot submit until they are all completed. Please let me know is anyone else is having this problem or if anyone knows the solution for it!
Several other folks have said the same thing, so please (all ya'll) email admissions & let them know when you did your recording, what browser, what computer, and what happened.

Current 3rd year, happy to help answer any questions for y'all!

(note: I don't know anything about admissions, it changes from year to year!)

My 1Q CASPER really showed in the recordings... not going to submit the secondary after absolutely fumbling it, but I appreciated it as a strong reminder to practice for possible interviews.

Is anyone still having troubles with the audio recordings? Mine say not completed so I cannot submit my app but I completed them and it wont let me re-try to resubmit them. I have emailed admissions but have not received any instruction for a week. I am worried that I am getting behind in the applicant pool even though I tried submitting over a week ago

Is anyone still having troubles with the audio recordings? Mine say not completed so I cannot submit my app but I completed them and it wont let me re-try to resubmit them. I have emailed admissions but have not received any instruction for a week. I am worried that I am getting behind in the applicant pool even though I tried submitting over a week ago
Wait for a reply to your email inquiry. There's nothing more for you to do right now.

Hey everyone, how did you all go about indicating future coursework that you haven't been signed up for yet? (e.g. I know the institution that I would plan to take genetics at, but I'm not registered and would plan to take it next spring, not this fall). Should I just still put down the course info as I plan to?

Hey everyone, how did you all go about indicating future coursework that you haven't been signed up for yet? (e.g. I know the institution that I would plan to take genetics at, but I'm not registered and would plan to take it next spring, not this fall). Should I just still put down the course info as I plan to?
I did, and I’ll probably sign up for the course only if I get an II before December.