2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS

Members don't see this ad.

+1 OOS. Anyone else scared about the recorded answers?

Reactions: 1 users
+ 1 OOS secondary received. 509 MCAT/3.85 uGPA/3.95 sGPA. I also come from a Christian background and ties to undergraduate.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS received, grew up in Dallas/Fort Worth

Last edited:
Should I not submit a secondary application if I did not take genetics + already graduated? I took two biology classes that included genetics, not sure if that counts.

Should I not submit a secondary application if I did not take genetics + already graduated? I took two biology classes that included genetics, not sure if that counts.
This school has required prereqs of 1 course each of physiology and genetics.
If very interested in TCU take them now...

I noticed the school does not have a biology course requirement. If one of my biology courses had genetics content, and another had physiology content, would this count?
From their TCU homepage:
Applicants can apply prior to having all courses completed prior to June 1, 2024; however, any outstanding courses must be completed and graded prior to the start of medical school. The final official transcript with graded coursework must be received no later than June 1 prior to the start of medical school in July. As a reminder, our three required sciences are genetics, physiology and biochemistry.

All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of B or higher (B minus courses do not qualify). These required courses are Genetics, Physiology and Biochemistry.

In the past they have said it needs to be a dedicated genetics course, 1 semester, not just some genetics as part of an Intro Bio or Bio survey course.

For the official answer, Please email all your specific question about prerequisites to [email protected]

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone do it yet? I finished but like the test question wasnt replayable for me so I have no clue if my mic recorded all my answers lol. used latest firefox like they said and gave permission for it to access my mic but there was no indicator that It worked....ugh. hope im just being neurotic but why would the test question NOT be re-playable

did anyone do it yet? I finished but like the test question wasnt replayable for me so I have no clue if my mic recorded all my answers lol. used latest firefox like they said and gave permission for it to access my mic but there was no indicator that It worked....ugh. hope im just being neurotic but why would the test question NOT be re-playable
They will let you know if there were technical difficulties.
Please remember they do not wish you to share the questions with others

Reactions: 1 user
Uhh I was able to hear mine

ugh damnit. thx for letting me know I guess ill just listen to wysdoc and wait until i get an email from them about it
you can also email them at [email protected] and say you think there were some technical difficulties during your secondary and ask them to let you know if it transmitted properly

How long did it take people to complete? Any recommendations to prepare or just shoot my shot without prep?

Must be a stupid question.
Do I need to have a webcam or just a mic only? Do they show the questions on the computer screen?
I am just out of town, and your comments would be appreciated.

Must be a stupid question.
Do I need to have a webcam or just a mic only? Do they show the questions on the computer screen?
I am just out of town, and your comments would be appreciated.
When I checked old threads, it said no webcam is needed

For those that already submitted. Do you think you were given enough time to think about the prompts?

For those that already submitted. Do you think you were given enough time to think about the prompts?
Yeah I mean not ideal but it's like an invterviewish and it's around the same time you'd get for other video secondaries!

Does anyone know the theme of the questions that they will be asking? Is it going to be something random or is it similar to secondaries at other schools?

Just wanted to confirm- do y’all know if it’s just audio or audio and video? Like is my face gonna be recorded

Primary application verified today, just received the secondary (international student)

Does anyone know how I can best prepare for this secondary format?

I love how I received the secondary a couple days ago and finally realized there was a physiology requirement... guess the first MD secondary I am not completing lmao

Just saw the prerequisite grade requirements. I earned a C in genetics due to some unforeseen circumstances. No other prerequisites below the grade mark. Should I email the school? Or is this a hard requirement and I just give up on the secondary?

I'm a bit confused - their website has a small paragraph stating that "All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of B or higher (B minus courses do not qualify). These required courses are Genetics, Physiology and Biochemistry."

However it goes on to list Stats, English, Psych/Soc, and Humanities as courses (potentially held to the same standard ?) below the paragraph

@wysdoc I see your earlier comment is from the FAQ section. What's detailed above is from How to Prepare a Competitive Application. Unsure if you have additional insight/which is most updated

Clarification would be much appreciated before completing the secondary #GoFrogs

I'm a bit confused - their website has a small paragraph stating that "All prerequisite courses must be passed with a grade of B or higher (B minus courses do not qualify). These required courses are Genetics, Physiology and Biochemistry."

However it goes on to list Stats, English, Psych/Soc, and Humanities as courses (potentially held to the same standard ?) below the paragraph

@wysdoc I see your earlier comment is from the FAQ section. What's detailed above is from How to Prepare a Competitive Application. Unsure if you have additional insight/which is most updated

Clarification would be much appreciated before completing the secondary #GoFrogs
Hey @ScribeBing these are some good questions but I don’t have that fine detail of knowledge. I know the B rule applies to those 3 science prerequisites.
You will only get the answer by emailing admissions at the address I listed above

Just saw the prerequisite grade requirements. I earned a C in genetics due to some unforeseen circumstances. No other prerequisites below the grade mark. Should I email the school? Or is this a hard requirement and I just give up on the secondary?
@wysdoc