2023-2024 TCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

is it okay if for the test question we submitted nothing? my mic messed up but i submitted good responses for the actual questions

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I got a C in biochemistry I shouldn't even apply?

So I had a similar issue and I emailed and they told me I could substitute another course that covered the same material, Since some school take Orgo 2 in place of biochem that’s what I tried subbing it for, I haven’t gotten any confirmation that it was accepted for the requirement yet though so it might not work just something to consider.

Reactions: 1 user
Good morning applicants,

We would like to remind you of some helpful hints when completing the secondary. You MUST complete the audio-based recording test question first.

Ensure you are in a quiet space.

Do not open other tabs.

Do not navigate away from the page while you are completing the questions. The recordings last up to three minutes per question for a total of six minutes (excluding the test question) and lastly, we require you to complete our pre-rec grid. These are the only components of the secondary this year.

Use Chrome or FireFox.

You MUST complete the test question first.

Also, here is some other feedback:

Our team is prepared to review your file. We kindly ask that you complete the secondary if you believe Burnett School of Medicine to be a fit for you. If you paid for the application, you have nothing to lose! Again, the two required components take between 10-20 minutes.

The audio-based recordings do not capture video; a webcam is not required.

If Burnett School of Medicine is not a good fit for you, you do not plan to complete the required coursework, and you submitted a primary application, email [email protected] to withdraw your file.

We strive to return your email within five business days this time of year. If you do not have a reply in five days, please follow up.

We require genetics, biochemistry, and physiology.

A&P I & II will satisfy the physiology requirement. Alternatively, an upper-level physiology course can be used. We will still consider your application if you have not taken one of these science courses. Please mark the course as planned. If admitted for the Class of 2024, you will have until June 1st 2024 to complete the coursework.

If your mark is lower than a “B” in one of these courses, we will still consider your file. Please mark the course as planned. You will need to retake this course before June 1, 2024 if admitted.

Organic Chemistry is not a valid substitute for Biochemistry.

One course cannot satisfy two requirements.

Frankly, if you do not have an exact match to one of the required courses, list the course as pending. If you are selected for an interview, you will have time to either enroll in the spring or take an online course before the deadline if you are admitted.

Also, did we mention, you MUST complete the audio-based recording test question first!

We wish you all the best on your journey into medicine.

Thank you!

Burnett School of Medicine, Office of Admission

Reactions: 6 users
Submitted primary two weeks ago still no secondary

Reactions: 1 users
i can't hear my secondary essay? should i reach out to the office?

After submission, is anyone able to still edit the pre-req coursework by checking one of the boxes? It seems my app will let me. Also does it say "This page is closed" for the pre-req page? It says that for all my app pages except for the pre-req page.

After submission, is anyone able to still edit the pre-req coursework by checking one of the boxes? It seems my app will let me. Also does it say "This page is closed" for the pre-req page? It says that for all my app pages except for the pre-req page.
If you have an update or correction email the admissions office

can children's literature satisfy both the humanities requirement and the english composite?
Sorry super late but did you ever find out the answer to this question? I didn't even realize schools make distinction between English courses until I saw
I would email them to be sure, but most schools I applied to with this requirement were looking for an actual English Composition course.
I just assumed they were all considered "English" or "writing intensive"

EDIT: Just got confirmation from the admissions office that either one of the two literature courses I took (one of which being Children's Lit) will satisfy their English Composition requirement.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry super late but did you ever find out the answer to this question? I didn't even realize schools make distinction between English courses until I saw

I just assumed they were all considered "English" or "writing intensive"
Hey guys, I asked this question a few weeks ago, you can not use one class to cover two of their requirements. The MD admissions email told me that if you do a substitution for any prerequisite, just submit your syllabi so they can review it. I read the website and it explained what they would look for. I spoke with my advisor at my school and he helped me choose which courses would fit. I hope it helps you guys.

i don't see the organic chem on my portal. but the email in the thread says there's orgo? so there's no orgo requirement right just biochem

i don't see the organic chem on my portal. but the email in the thread says there's orgo? so there's no orgo requirement right just biochem
This post above is direct from the admissions office. #156

For TCU 1 semester each of Biochem, Genetics, and Physiology are required.
The post above says that you can't substitute Organic to meet the prerequisite of Biochem.

Does a history course cover the humanities requirement?

+1 OOS ii today, secondary completed 8/02

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
+1 IS ii today :) Completed 8/8, so happened much faster than I expected!

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you for your response! I am having trouble determining what constitutes a Humanities course based on my transcript and was wondering if a Geography course would satisfy this requirement?
coursework in, but not limited to, art, music, theater, speech and communication, foreign language, philosophy, religion, gender and women studies, ethics, literature.

I wonder where art history falls if history is not allowed. :)

I am confused because some say cutoff is 40th percentile and some say it’s minimum 502 but a score of 500 is 46% this year?

I did not realize History didn't count as humanities. Should I email admissions and tell them since I have an "excess" of courses that meets each individual requirement? or just let it be?

I did not realize History didn't count as humanities. Should I email admissions and tell them since I have an "excess" of courses that meets each individual requirement? or just let it be?

I’m in the same boat as you and am wondering the same thing

According to their website, "literature" was considered a humanities and not English, but when I e-mailed them they said I can use my literature course to fulfill the English composition req. It's probably worth e-mailing to confirm if you can substitute history as a humanities
But guys, read the official notice above: history doesn't count for humanities at this school.
You mean to tell me you did not take a single foreign language, music, art, philosophy, communications, speech, world culture, course in college?

But guys, read the official notice above: history doesn't count for humanities at this school.
You mean to tell me you did not take a single foreign language, music, art, philosophy, communications, speech, world culture, course in college?
My bad, didn't see that notice.

is it okay if for the test question we submitted nothing? my mic messed up but i submitted good responses for the actual questions
I’m wondering this also. My mic was having problems so I couldn’t really answer the test prompt until the last 20 seconds of the recording, so I basically didn’t answer it loool. I was able to answer the real questions at least. The stuttering was real… my goodness 😭

I'm wondering if it's still worth it to submit my secondary. I have been putting off answering the audio questions for a couple weeks, but I have everything else finished. Is it worth it?

I'm wondering if it's still worth it to submit my secondary. I have been putting off answering the audio questions for a couple weeks, but I have everything else finished. Is it worth it?
Cycle is still in early stages, you can easily knock out this secondary in less than an hour so I’d go for it if you’re interested in the school

Honestly the audio portion is much easier than I thought it would be. I would just go ahead and do it. It takes like 10 minutes.

Happy Monday Applicants,

We wanted to post an update since some of you have contacted our office about issues with the Mission Fit Essays. Please know that our team, along with the developers at AMP, are working tirelessly to remedy this issue. We ask for your continued patience as we navigate this unforeseen hiccup in the process and we will provide updates as we receive them.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Office of Admission

Reactions: 5 users
What is this mission fit essays? I only had the 3 audio recordings...

Sorry for the confusion, to clarify, mission fit essay are also referred to as audio-based recordings (ABR)

For those paying attention, this is a good clue that your audio questions are testing you on your fit for the school.

I completed the secondary app last month but when I check now none of my responses are there anymore (the audio I mean). It just says complete. Is anyone able to re-play their responses after submitting their app?

I completed the secondary app last month but when I check now none of my responses are there anymore (the audio I mean). It just says complete. Is anyone able to re-play their responses after submitting their app?
Why would expect to be able to replay them? I think once you submit that’s it.

I completed the secondary app last month but when I check now none of my responses are there anymore (the audio I mean). It just says complete. Is anyone able to re-play their responses after submitting their
If there is an issue with your file, you will be contacted by our office. If not, then there is nothing to worry about. Thank you.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II!! Complete 7/24. Pretty surprised by this one - I did not feel great about my audio secondary

Reactions: 2 users