2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone explain where the Pre-matric checklist is found. I don’t see it on the AMP portal and my NETID email just came with the link to where we upload health information
1713205099992.png

double click on Pre-Matric Checklist and then scroll down

Members don't see this ad.

Is this the AMP portal that our secondaries were through? If so I do not see a pre-matric tab? Is it under admissions, status, etc.?
Yes, in the AMP portal. Once you log in, on the left, there should be a tab that says "Pre-Matric." click on that and the pic I posted should come up

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you alternate list? I’m AL but don’t have that Tab

1713205380827.png

Yeah I am alternate, and the tab should be above your admissions decision like in the picture. not too sure why you are not able to see it but maybe ask admissions if you think there's a problem

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys today is only the aamc plan to enroll deadline so people are going to withdraw all but 2-3 As which means a few ppl will drop but a lot might still hold multiple As! After April 30 the commit to enroll deadline people will drop to only holding 1 A and a lot more space will free up AND people will get withdrawn from the AL so that’s when we’ll get a lot of movement I think! This is also my only WL but we got this :)

Guys today is only the aamc plan to enroll deadline so people are going to withdraw all but 2-3 As which means a few ppl will drop but a lot might still hold multiple As! After April 30 the commit to enroll deadline people will drop to only holding 1 A and a lot more space will free up AND people will get withdrawn from the AL so that’s when we’ll get a lot of movement I think! This is also my only WL but we got this :)
I think plan to enroll is 4/30 and commit to enroll later in June

I think plan to enroll is 4/30 and commit to enroll later in June
On the aamc website it says:
  1. On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
  2. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs
Does anyone know if these are hard deadlines or just suggestions?

1. On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
  2. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs
Suggestions, it’s not like med schools will track you down and check .

I wish it was a hard deadline though

Suggestions, it’s not like med schools will track you down and check .

I wish it was a hard deadline though
I think the April 30 is a hard deadline for most schools, they can see if you planned to enroll and if not they withdraw your A

April 15 seems pretty soft IMO

So say you have 2 acceptances, and not 3 - does the April 15th deadline even apply? I tried to select "Plan" for my 2 schools and i am only able to select 1 school...not the both of them.

Also, regarding point #2 - are you saying i cannot have 3 schools potentially selected after April 30th?

So say you have 2 acceptances, and not 3 - does the April 15th deadline even apply? I tried to select "Plan" for my 2 schools and i am only able to select 1 school...not the both of them.

Also, regarding point #2 - are you saying i cannot have 3 schools potentially selected after April 30th?
After April 30, you should have one school. Additionally, Please think of your fellow peers on waitlists as well

As someone on the waitlist at my dream school (including this school), of course I am thinking of them. I am just having a hard time understanding the rules. In hindsight i posted this on the wrong school thread. Thanks.

(i am waitlisted at SUNY downstate)
Is downstate a top choice for you? If not, is there a reason you haven’t withdrawn from downstates AL?

As someone on the waitlist at my dream school (including this school), of course I am thinking of them. I am just having a hard time understanding the rules. In hindsight i posted this on the wrong school thread. Thanks.

(i am waitlisted at SUNY downstate)
You can only “plan to enroll” at one school. You have to do this by April 30. You can stay on any and all waitlists up until you select a school to “commit to enroll,” the deadline to commit varies by school but is generally in June.

If you have 3 or less acceptances, there’s nothing you have to do today.

Reactions: 1 user
You can only “plan to enroll” at one school. You have to do this by April 30. You can stay on any and all waitlists up until you select a school to “commit to enroll,” the deadline to commit varies by school but is generally in June.

If you have 3 or less acceptances, there’s nothing you have to do today.
Thank you so much! This clarifies a lot.

Regardless it’s stupid how close these dates are to the next cycle aamc got no sympathy fr💀no reason they couldn’t be in Feb/March. At least we can hope to hear in May

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else here only have a DO acceptance and this waitlist? I’m so conflicted

At least we now know that there is movement happening and that there's no correlation between netid and movement!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users