2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 02/28 and still no response yet. Is there still a chance to make it on the AL?
Considering no one on the AL has even been offered acceptances yet, I feel like your chances are lower

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering no one on the AL has even been offered acceptances yet, I feel like your chances are lower

Couldn’t this also just mean they’re moving slower as they have been all cycle? Could just be cope but seems possible.

All schools are moving slower because of the fafsa issue. Accepted students have no idea what their financial situation is with each school so its hard to decide where to go. we'll see what happens post 4/15

Couldn’t this also just mean they’re moving slower as they have been all cycle? Could just be cope but seems possible.
Don’t think they are moving any slower than usual. In the last cycle the first notification of ALs for fall interviewers came in around this time. Just gotta keep waiting

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Don’t think they are moving any slower than usual. In the last cycle the first notification of ALs for fall interviewers came in around this time. Just gotta keep waiting
Yeah AL decisions came out much earlier this year so thought we’d get some movement by now

The ALs were sent out earlier than last year so if anything I feel like they are moving quicker this year or the same as last.

• Sad
Has the health clearance been checked off on the pre-matric checklist for any alternates yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS AL. Interviewed second week of March
When was your student interview if you don’t mind me asking? I had my faculty interview second week of March but student interview was 8 days later and I’m wondering if that’s delaying a decision or if I’m about to get rejected lol

When was your student interview if you don’t mind me asking? I had my faculty interview second week of March but student interview was 8 days later and I’m wondering if that’s delaying a decision or if I’m about to get rejected lol
student interviewed was about 10 days after my interview. Maybe give another 2 days. The waiting game is real.

All schools are moving slower because of the fafsa issue. Accepted students have no idea what their financial situation is with each school so its hard to decide where to go. we'll see what happens post 4/15
This feels spot on. Post 4/15 (narrow to 3) and especially post 5/1 (plan to enroll) will naturally open up spots: at the info session Dr. Lyttle mentioned a 44% matriculation rate... a simple majority of accepted Downstate students go elsewhere, which is great for us ALers who really want to go here.

Reactions: 2 users
This feels spot on. Post 4/15 (narrow to 3) and especially post 5/1 (plan to enroll) will naturally open up spots: at the info session Dr. Lyttle mentioned a 44% matriculation rate... a simple majority of accepted Downstate students go elsewhere, which is great for us ALers who really want to go here.
Oh wow is that the matriculation rate for this year or historically in the past? Did he mention what percentage actually get off the AL?

Oh wow is that the matriculation rate for this year or historically in the past? Did he mention what percentage actually get off the AL?
I think it would have to be the past. Unfortunately if he did mention how many actually get off the list, I can't remember :(

I think it would have to be the past. Unfortunately if he did mention how many actually get off the list, I can't remember :(
He mentioned quickly that hypothetically the class size could be reduced to about 100 and then he’d pull from the AL. But who knows how accurate that number is

He mentioned quickly that hypothetically the class size could be reduced to about 100 and then he’d pull from the AL. But who knows how accurate that number is
I remember he said that they send about 440 acceptances (around there). So if the "class is full" rn that means they sent out 200 acceptances as of now. So does that mean they send 240 additional acceptances from the waitlist? :unsure:

• Hmm
Not sure if Downstate sends post-II rejections without waitlist? Haven’t seen any so far here or from previous year threads. Are you IS?
I thought somebody said earlier they had gotten rejected last year post-II. But yes IS.

I remember he said that they send about 440 acceptances (around there). So if the "class is full" rn that means they sent out 200 acceptances as of now. So does that mean they send 240 additional acceptances from the waitlist? :unsure:
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking they’re gonna do

Reactions: 1 users
How many are in the waitlist tho? 240 seems like a lot to pull
I’m pretty sure everyone they interviewed (900+ according to msar) goes on AL since there’s no talk of post-ii Rs minus the roughly 200 As that went out and the super late interviewees that haven’t heard yet 😭 so like 600-700?

I’m pretty sure everyone they interviewed (900+ according to msar) goes on AL since there’s no talk of post-ii Rs minus the roughly 200 As that went out and the super late interviewees that haven’t heard yet 😭 so like 600-700?
Why do schools do this… it’s so brutal

• Sad
who else is checking this thread religiously waiting for the first A off AL💔

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
To be fair people who got R's are not coming here they are blocking this page and people who got AL are actively waiting for something, so they are posting. Basically a lot of reporting bias.

who else is checking this thread religiously waiting for the first A off AL💔
On last year thread there was a bunch of movement on April 16-18 so might hear back next week who knows. But yeah ure def not the only one lol

• Care
Has anyone tried asking the office of admissions if they provide us with our rank on the AL? Like I've been getting emails to complete forms and net id and stuff, but I don't even know my actual position.

Is it a bad sign if were on the AL and haven't received the net ID email yet :cryi:

Is it a bad sign if were on the AL and haven't received the net ID email yet :cryi:

Nobody knows, but I highly doubt Downstate was organized enough to have pre-selected students they plan on accepting off the WL weeks in advance given all the disorganization this cycle. More likely to be some technical IT discrepancy IMO

Has anyone tried asking the office of admissions if they provide us with our rank on the AL? Like I've been getting emails to complete forms and net id and stuff, but I don't even know my actual position.
Can somebody call and ask?

What emails did you get? I didnt get any

What emails did you get? I didnt get any
I got this email like shortly after the AL notification with a Downstate email address and netID that you’re supposed to use to login to a student portal and upload prematric stuff. I really don’t think it means anything because the wording of the email is pretty clear that it’s just there so you can get started on the clearance process while waiting for your final decision. The IT team is probs just doing it in batches

Nobody knows, but I highly doubt Downstate was organized enough to have pre-selected students they plan on accepting off the WL weeks in advance given all the disorganization this cycle. More likely to be some technical IT discrepancy IMO
im trying to tell myself that too, but since they have a ranking, its the most logical thing to create net IDs going down the ranking :cryi: which is why imthinking its a bad sign. My mcat is also below avg for this school. for the people who did get NetIDs would you mind sharingyour stats

I asked the admissions office today while on tour when to expect AL movement and they said it will basically begin after April 15th and the PTE and CTE deadlines bc that’s when people will drop their acceptances and spots will open up. Students from the tour today said most ppl get in during may. Forgot to ask about net ids but they said it looks good to complete things on the pre matric checklist