2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nobody knows, but I highly doubt Downstate was organized enough to have pre-selected students they plan on accepting off the WL weeks in advance given all the disorganization this cycle. More likely to be some technical IT discrepancy IMO
im trying to tell myself that too, but since they have a ranking, its the most logical thing to create net IDs going down the ranking :cryi: which is why imthinking its a bad sign. My mcat is also below avg for this school. for the people who did get NetIDs would you mind sharingyour stats

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I asked the admissions office today while on tour when to expect AL movement and they said it will basically begin after April 15th and the PTE and CTE deadlines bc that’s when people will drop their acceptances and spots will open up. Students from the tour today said most ppl get in during may. Forgot to ask about net ids but they said it looks good to complete things on the pre matric checklist

you already rejected me .. please stop sending me emails inviting me to visit. like can i unsubscribe lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is Downstate still sending me emails? This is like the 4th one I’ve received after receiving my pre-II rejection.

Reactions: 3 users
this school is like a toxic ex, they break up with u before really getting to know u then they keep wanting u back for one thing or another :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I asked the admissions office today while on tour when to expect AL movement and they said it will basically begin after April 15th and the PTE and CTE deadlines bc that’s when people will drop their acceptances and spots will open up. Students from the tour today said most ppl get in during may. Forgot to ask about net ids but they said it looks good to complete things on the pre matric checklist
PTE and CTE?

im trying to tell myself that too, but since they have a ranking, its the most logical thing to create net IDs going down the ranking :cryi: which is why imthinking its a bad sign. My mcat is also below avg for this school. for the people who did get NetIDs would you mind sharingyour stats
Yeah I agree I feel like the emails for the netid is selective. i would assume they want their top picks to have all the forms cleared so they can accept them right away.

Early May or late May lol

Members don't see this ad :)
For ppl on AL and have gotten the NETID, what do we need to submit in the meantime? I logged into the health portal, entered dates for immunizations and stuff, and they ask to upload proof, but there is no link.

After the admissions committee votes on your score order

(5-1), the final rank order and the WL to Acceptance order is based on something called the "priority personal attributes criteria" by the Admissions Oversight Subcommittee (AOS), which are as follows:

1. NYS resident
  2. URM
  3. Low SES/disadvantaged
  4. 1st generation college graduate
  5. US Military Service

So your movement off of the WL will depend more on your background at this point rather than GPA/MCAT.
This can't be right. Isn't this in violation of the Supreme Court decision?

Lol only update I have is Deposit was added to pre-matric checklist

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Alternate list. It's in the pre-matric list under the background check
hmm... I'm on the alternate list too and don't seem to have that. Refreshed a couple times too and I don't have it. Idk what that means tho lol

I also got a depost on the checklist but never got netID

Reactions: 2 users
1713199076271.png

This is what mine is lookin like guys... i feel like this is bad LOL

Can I pay the 2x the deposit even if I am AL to show commitment :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
For people that got netID do you guys mind sharing your stats lol

Can someone please send a link to wherever the pre-matric checklist can be found? I received a netID but I'm not seeing anything in my portal that looks like the checklist someone posted above

Can someone please send a link to wherever the pre-matric checklist can be found? I received a netID but I'm not seeing anything in my portal that looks like the checklist someone posted above
so in that picture I posted, double click on "pre-matic checklist" then scroll down a little... the checklist will be there and deposit will be under criminal background

so in that picture I posted, double click on "pre-matic checklist" then scroll down a little... the checklist will be there and deposit will be under criminal background
So you are allowed to pay a deposit even if you’re on the AL? How much is it

On the prematric checklist descriptions when u first click on that section, it says the deposit option doesnt open up till the 15th for everybody

Can someone explain where the Pre-matric checklist is found. I don’t see it on the AMP portal and my NETID email just came with the link to where we upload health information