2023-2024 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received yesterday!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So it's been 9 weeks since my interview, which is past the 6-8 week time they said it would take. Should I email them and ask what's going on or just keep quiet? I'm like 99.99% sure I got WL or R, I just wanna know so I can finally put this to rest

Reactions: 1 user
for those of you who already attended the optional info sessions, was it more casual or formal? do you think it would be acceptable to wear a scrub top? (i'm gonna have to take the meeting while at work)

I know this has been asked already, but there were varying answers so i wanted more input!

I also attended in scrubs, in my car because my job doesn’t haven’t a private break room and I was on my lunch. I think that’s totally fine!

for those of you who already attended the optional info sessions, was it more casual or formal? do you think it would be acceptable to wear a scrub top? (i'm gonna have to take the meeting while at work)

I know this has been asked already, but there were varying answers so i wanted more input!

I also wore scrubs!

Can any current student confirm that pre-clinical is true pass/fail? I was like 95% certain it was pass/fail (that's what I have written in my notes), but now I'm seeing different things in different areas of the school website- one page said pass/fail for Phase I and the other said honors/pass/fail

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current student confirm that pre-clinical is true pass/fail? I was like 95% certain it was pass/fail (that's what I have written in my notes), but now I'm seeing different things in different areas of the school website- one page said pass/fail for Phase I and the other said honors/pass/fail
phase 1 is true p/f, does not contribute to quartile ranking unless you fail a phase 1 course, h/p/f on the website is outdated from a few years ago

Any acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/20 and not sure if the “mid-October” acceptances last week were the week before me or if I’m about to get hit with a WL. Based on past years seems like should be hearing this week…

As expected, just received my WL email now. No surprises here given it took them 10 weeks since my interview for them to send me an email. I don't know if they are doing high priority waitlist this yr but if anyone could please clarify it would be appreciated. Mine just said wait list. Given that this is only one of two II i received so far I'm really on thin ice here

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Also if anyone knows how likely it is to get off the WL for stony brook in May pls lmk

Any acceptances this week? Interviewed 10/20 and not sure if the “mid-October” acceptances last week were the week before me or if I’m about to get hit with a WL. Based on past years seems like should be hearing this week…
lol WLed

So for stony it seems like around a (65/300)= 22% chance of getting off the WL?
I wouldn't say that's a concrete number, it likely varies by year. Probably just an estimate.
However, these odds are much higher than the overall acceptance pool...

IS Waitlisted! Not surprised considering I interviewed more than 8 weeks ago and didn’t get a response from them during the A wave that happened for students in my interview timeframe. Best of luck to the rest of you!

For acceptances, about how long after interview did you guys hear back?

To my fellow WL people, was there any info about being placed in a HPWL? My email just says the waitlist is "ranked and confidential" but I'm wondering if theres a separate HPWL and normal waitlist

Reviewing last years threads (and feeding my neuroticism), it looked like the HPWL wasn't mentioned until closer to the spring... maybe that list is created/revealed closer to waitlist movement?

Does anyone know the odds of getting an A from a January interview at Stony Brook? I got an II last week but the only available dates were in January.

Has anyone that interviewed the week of October 24th heard back?? I saw that those with As typically head back by now so I’m starting to get paranoid o_O

(Also first ever post woohoo)

Has anyone that interviewed the week of October 24th heard back?? I saw that those with As typically head back by now so I’m starting to get paranoid o_O

(Also first ever post woohoo)
I also interviewed on the 24th, I did not hear back yet either. We're on the same boat. ****ting bricks ofc. :confused:

I'm praying we hear back next week at least. Anyone else on the late October train?

SBU is the only SUNY I haven't heard back from. I think my CASPER score is holding me back... I didn't know they placed so much weight on CASPER. But I guess it isn't over until it is over. Good luck everyone!!

• Sad
SBU is the only SUNY I haven't heard back from. I think my CASPER score is holding me back... I didn't know they placed so much weight on CASPER. But I guess it isn't over until it is over. Good luck everyone!!
I’m not sure what weight they place on Casper for the final decision, but I think they do let it slide for interview. I got a first quartile and yet was fortunate enough for an II.

• Care