2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found this on Downstate’s website, but I wasn’t sure how to interpret it. Does it mean DS pushed the CTE date back to 7/15 and we may have to wait 2 months to see movement?

IMG_1172.jpeg

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if that class of 2028 downstate Facebook page with 482 members is real?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if that class of 2028 downstate Facebook page with 482 members is real?
No, I checked the fb page and it says in their “history” , “Group created on July 31, 2018. Name last changed on December 12, 2023.” that means that all the people who joined prior to 2023 is still in there. I assume this was the same page used for class of 2027, 2026 , etc.

I also checked last years SDN thread, and someone said that there were about 400 people joined then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Email saying has committee has reviewed application for acceptance. LM 75. 2 years of full time clinical work. In state also

IS A off the WL just now. Interviewed in the end of Feb and was waitlisted in the beginning of April

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t know they liked to trickle acceptances. That’s good I was hoping to have a hypertension-induced stroke today.

• Haha
Can you share stats and details of your app?

ORM, IS, LM 70, lots of clinical hours and research hours (1000+ each). Two publications and some research posters. Lots of leadership and volunteering experiences as well.

Will likely be declining. I will say my student interview did not go well at all but it seems to have been fine in the end

• Love
I sent a letter of intent last month prior to being waitlisted. I had to PTE at another school on 4/30 but downstate is still my top choice. Should I bother sending another letter of intent at this point?

I sent a letter of intent last month prior to being waitlisted. I had to PTE at another school on 4/30 but downstate is still my top choice. Should I bother sending another letter of intent at this point?
I’m in the same position

ORM, IS, LM 70, lots of clinical hours and research hours (1000+ each). Two publications and some research posters. Lots of leadership and volunteering experiences as well.

Will likely be declining. I will say my student interview did not go well at all but it seems to have been fine in the end
Thank you dude

OOS A just now! Interviewed March, waitlisted April

Reactions: 3 users
+1 IS A! January interview, WL March, LM 65, URM, significant research, sent a LOI & update letter

• Love
IS A OFF WL right now! Nov interview, 03/18 WL. Did not send any update or LOI, only thank you letter

Last edited:
Did anyone getting of the waitlist PTE at another school? I'm just curious if that has any effect on their decision or not

• Hmm
Did anyone getting of the waitlist PTE at another school? I'm just curious if that has any effect on their decision or not
Some one a few hours ago said that he/she will likely be declining. Im assuming they have another acceptance and since its post May 1st, they were required to PTE to one school.

Some one a few hours ago said that he/she will likely be declining. Im assuming they have another acceptance and since its post May 1st, they were required to PTE to one school.
Oh yeah that’s so true I think your right

but I was also wondering this lol, got off WL from another school on Thursday but did not want to PTE since Downstate is my #1 and didnt want that to affect their decision 😂 pure speculation tho
What school did you get off?

Stats, details?
ORM MCAT: 511 CA Resident. Very Non-trad. Graduated with a mechanical engineering degree in 2017 and worked in industry for multiple years before making a career change. Went back to school to take pre-reqs and have worked full time as MA and ER scribe since

but I was also wondering this lol, got off WL from another school on Thursday but did not want to PTE since Downstate is my #1 and didnt want that to affect their decision 😂 pure speculation tho
I'm currently PTE'd for another school so I don't think that should affect your chances of coming off the waitlist? in Downstate's email, it said I had 5 business days to commit and decline offers to all other schools, so I think the PTE really only applies to acceptances prior to April 30 because that's what allows for waitlist movement