2023-2024 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My MSAR subscription expired. Can someone lmk how many II’s are sent out each year?

Members don't see this ad.

I am curious where these numbers come from? MSAR suggests that the post II A rate is closer to 20-25% for OOS, but I am assuming that this percentage is much smaller because of applicants who are accepted and then choose education elsewhere? Anyone know how this stuff works?
My MSAR subscription expired. Can someone lmk how many II’s are sent out each year?
Last year:
IS interviewed 47, 45 accepted,14 matriculated.
OOS Interviewed 315, 272, 80 matriculated.
The majority of people accepted do not matriculate, they have extremely high acceptance rates with low yield rate. All is raw data from US news.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Latest msar data is 362 total, IS and OOS.
in my recent interview in the past week or so they said they already did over 400 interviews this year, so it seems like the number of interviews has substantially increased from last year

Reactions: 1 user
in my recent interview in the past week or so they said they already did over 400 interviews this year, so it seems like the number of interviews has substantially increased from last year
Oh - does that mean acceptance rate post II is lower?

• Hmm
Oh - does that mean acceptance rate post II is lower?
Hard to quantify exactly. They are interviewing more but they may also accept more since schools know that not all that accept will actually go. I'd say if they did interview this many more people, the post-II rate will go down, but who knows by how much.

Just withdrew my II. Hope it goes to one of you all — good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Any current students open to sharing their experiences here? :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t bc I did not get my interviewers emails and still got in, but def do if you can!

same, I also didn't have the chance to get their emails but still got an A! definitely do if you can though

Anyone know if they appreciate thank you emails to interviewers?
the med student interviewer gave me her email! As for the faculty interviewer I reached out to our admissions contact and he provided the email. Both replied immediately and were very appreciative!

Just got a II yesterday! OOS, LM 69

The interview dates got taken pretty fast; initially was busy with work, and in a few hours that timeslot that I first saw in Feb. was full. Thankfully they opened another one up in the same month!

OOS R after my 11/27 interview. Not that upset because it was too far from home and more expensive than I wanted. Good luck and congrats!

• Care
any IS interviewers hear back?? I interviewed in November and starting to get worried :( the waiting game is rough

My interview was early November...bad sign to be seeing all these decisions for applicants with later interviews? I'm OOS.

Just got an OOS II, going to decline the interview and hope it goes to one of you :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone with an A heard anything about scholarships or financial aid? Both merit and need-based

Hello! Sorry for being off topic, but I was wondering if there were any current med students here who know where to search for affordable housing options or have any recommendations for particular apt complexes?

Hello! Sorry for being off topic, but I was wondering if there were any current med students here who know where to search for affordable housing options or have any recommendations for particular apt complexes?
They sent out an email today about housing!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone with an A heard anything about scholarships or financial aid? Both merit and need-based
they sent me an email a few weeks ago about financial aid nothing about scholarships. email their financial aid department they were very helpful

• Love
anybody else also hasn't heard back from an early November interview? (no WL either)

Rejected just now post-interview. :/

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
If you are looking for something very close to campus, like a 5 minute walk, several of my classmates have lived at the flats at 520 and seem to like it. They also just built a brand new large apartment complex called the archway basically across the street from school. It looks pretty nice but I would guess expensive.

Canal crossing is a super popular complex in Hamden where tons of Netter students live and really like. I believe they have a student subsidy price that is pretty good but from my understanding is competitive to get.

Seems like they released decisions from early December IIs. Anyone II in late December or early January?

dang - i interviewed on 12/11 and I haven't heard yet
Hang in there, I’ve noticed they tend to do things out of order. Some 12/11 dates heard back in early January and some 12/11 dates are just hearing back now. Your time will come! Don’t lose hope!

Hang in there, I’ve noticed they tend to do things out of order. Some 12/11 dates heard back in early January and some 12/11 dates are just hearing back now. Your time will come! Don’t lose hope!
oh that's great to know - thank you!

Should I be reaching out to admissions if I haven't heard back in the time frame they gave us? Was told early/late Jan. but its now Feb with no communication.

Should I be reaching out to admissions if I haven't heard back in the time frame they gave us? Was told early/late Jan. but its now Feb with no communication.

Generally for schools no but I called them asking for a timeline before I got my decision and they were super nice about it. Although they told me it would be another 2 weeks then released decisions 10 min after my call lol

I've been meaning to pop back in and say this, and this goes for almost everyone who's waiting post-interview -- the interviewers have to complete a form post-interview and the file cannot be reviewed until it is completed. The admissions committee meets regularly to discuss the completed files and issue a decision :)

If you're still waiting, I wouldn't look too deeply into it. Keep your heads up and know you'll hear soon <3 <3

Reactions: 2 users
Do we think those that are deferred decisions will have to wait much longer for an answer?

Do we think those that are deferred decisions will have to wait much longer for an answer?
I was also deferred and haven’t heard anything. I checked last year’s forum and couldn’t find anything abt when deferred decisions heard back so I’m now expecting to hear back around the time waitlist people do which is around beginning of May.