2023-2024 Quinnipiac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. Complete 8/02. Gonna be salty when I go here for a conference in two months 😂

Huge CONGRATS to everyone who got As today!!! ❤️❤️

I hate to be the neurotic one and I'm so embarrassed for posting this but I interviewed 1/24 and loved the experience. I haven't heard anything- no deferral, WL, A- is it likely an R or WL since people from later interviews have received decisions or are there people getting As weeks/months after their interviews?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Huge CONGRATS to everyone who got As today!!! ❤️❤️

I hate to be the neurotic one and I'm so embarrassed for posting this but I interviewed 1/24 and loved the experience. I haven't heard anything- no deferral, WL, A- is it likely an R or WL since people from later interviews have received decisions or are there people getting As weeks/months after their interviews?
I hadn't heard anything since 1/10 until today, so don't worry too much!

Reactions: 1 user
I hadn't heard anything since 1/10 until today, so don't worry too much!
Yay! Thank you for giving me a bit of hope- adcom told me to expect a response mid-late March anyway. Clearly this cycle is doing something to me 😭😭 CONGRATULATIONS DOCTOR!

• Care
I was placed on a priority waitlist. Does anyone know if there is a "regular waitlist" or if everyone who is waitlisted is on the priority waitlsit.

I was placed on a priority waitlist. Does anyone know if there is a "regular waitlist" or if everyone who is waitlisted is on the priority waitlsit.

I’m also on priority but I’m fairly certain there is a normal and a priority. The people who interviewed earlier in the cycle that were deferred were either admitted or placed on priority waitlist, but it looks like they have just recently started placing people on priority right off the bat (without DD). Someone correct me if I am wrong!

Just got the A I can’t believe it!!! My 1 and only MD. OOS LM 65

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got into another school so withdrawing my A. Good luck to those on waitlist :)

Did anyone see the match list for this year? Seems like 90 people were in the match but there's usually ~96 students per class

Did anyone see the match list for this year? Seems like 90 people were in the match but there's usually ~96 students per class
Their class of 2024 has 95 students; some may have opted out of being part of the public match list, some may have dropped out, some might be taking a research year, and some may have gone unmatched. Even if 5 students didn't match, their match rate would be 94.7%, so not really a huge concern (2024 match rate for U.S.-based allopathic medical schools was 93.5% per AMA).

I'm a student here. I can tell you that there are people who have to repeat a year, people who repeated a year above you and now are in your class, or did a research year, or dropped out, etc. So you definitely wouldn't be able to look at the number of matches and the number of students and account for everyone. Even if there were 96 matches, it wouldn't be the same 96 that started with you. That said, usually it's on the student, not the school. If you pass all your classes you're going to get through, and it's a very supportive school in that sense. But sometimes people fail and they can't get through without repeating. But I would say it is NOT like those schools that throw their students under the bus or make it easy to fail and need to repeat things.

Some people definitely don't match. Usually it's because they applied to something pretty competitive and since there's no home programs you're at a big disadvantage. Not that it can't be done of course, as you can see from the match list, but you don't know the apps and connections that students have when they match. Imo they are matching competitive specialties in spite of Netter, not because of it.

The class matched with 90 programs and some of those programs matched more than one Netter student. You can see which by the * on this list.

Here’s the GroupMe for accepted students! If anyone’s interested.

Edit: Sorry! Was just informed that the link was broken. It should work now! :)
hello! i tried joining about 2 weeks ago and it's still pending. was wondering if this was still an active group me?

Got the A today. Interviewed at the end of Feb. So so excited and nervous to start!

Does anyone know when we get financial aid info + cost of attendance info?

I'm a student here. I can tell you that there are people who have to repeat a year, people who repeated a year above you and now are in your class, or did a research year, or dropped out, etc. So you definitely wouldn't be able to look at the number of matches and the number of students and account for everyone. Even if there were 96 matches, it wouldn't be the same 96 that started with you. That said, usually it's on the student, not the school. If you pass all your classes you're going to get through, and it's a very supportive school in that sense. But sometimes people fail and they can't get through without repeating. But I would say it is NOT like those schools that throw their students under the bus or make it easy to fail and need to repeat things.

Some people definitely don't match. Usually it's because they applied to something pretty competitive and since there's no home programs you're at a big disadvantage. Not that it can't be done of course, as you can see from the match list, but you don't know the apps and connections that students have when they match. Imo they are matching competitive specialties in spite of Netter, not because of it.
Thanks for the insight! I won’t lie, I am pretty anxious about Netter not having any home programs. This place is my top choice and I really fell in love with the medical school. I’m not from the North East, so I worry about also struggling with making connections. Do you feel the Netter provides a lot opportunities for students to network and establish themselves?

As of now I have a few specialties I’m interested in but I’m definitely going to keep my mind open.

Got the A today. Interviewed at the end of Feb. So so excited and nervous to start!

Does anyone know when we get financial aid info + cost of attendance info?
would you mind sharing your interview date? i interviewed 2/21 and haven’t heard anything yet. also did you send an LOI or update?

hello! i tried joining about 2 weeks ago and it's still pending. was wondering if this was still an active group me?
Hello! Yes it is :), we were getting some spam bots so we had to put up a request form. I’m not owner of the GroupMe, but let me get in contact with them. Sorry about the wait!

would you mind sharing your interview date? i interviewed 2/21 and haven’t heard anything yet. also did you send an LOI or update?
I interviewed a few days after you and did not send any updates or LOIs. Hope you hear something soon!

I interviewed 2/5 and still haven’t heard anything :// hoping to hear back soon!

Hello! Yes it is :), we were getting some spam bots so we had to put up a request form. I’m not owner of the GroupMe, but let me get in contact with them. Sorry about the wait!
wonderful thank you! no rush at all. i think i may have submitted 2 requests by accident, but one of those accounts is deleted.

This is definitely scary to hear as someone who is highly interested in anesthesiology and about to commit to this school 👀

• Care
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
This is definitely scary to hear as someone who is highly interested in anesthesiology and about to commit to this school 👀
Don’t be! If anything, I think Netter has some fantastic match successes with Anesthesiology. Check out this years match and the previous years as well! I think you’re in good hands! :)

I interviewed 2/5 and still haven’t heard anything :// hoping to hear back soon!
I interviewed 1/24 and also haven't heard anything either! I remember we were told to expect a decision mid-late March, so I'm hoping I get some news next week. I'm kind of tempted to email admissions if I DONT hear anything next week, but I definitely don't want to push it 🫠 fingers crossed for the both of us!

I know this might sound insane, but would it be feasible at all to commute from 1 hour 45 minutes away? At least for the first year or two since we'll only have to be on campus 3-4 days a week? Trying to find some money to save by living with my parents 😭

Last edited:
  • Haha
I know this might sound insane, but would it be feasible at all to commute from 1 hour 45 minutes away? At least for the first year or two since we'll only have to be on campus 3-4 days a week? Trying to find some money to save by living with me parents 😭
I mean you technically could as in nothing is stopping you, but it will be horrible and miserable and unsustainable since all your study time will be eaten up by driving. Well worth the money to live locally imo

Thanks for the insight! I won’t lie, I am pretty anxious about Netter not having any home programs. This place is my top choice and I really fell in love with the medical school. I’m not from the North East, so I worry about also struggling with making connections. Do you feel the Netter provides a lot opportunities for students to network and establish themselves?

As of now I have a few specialties I’m interested in but I’m definitely going to keep my mind open.

They're opening up some programs (psych, fm, anesthesia) that just started this year I believe so maybe this won't be as much of a problem in the future. Who knows if you'll want to go to them though.

But yeah, the residency thing is the biggest red flag imo. Unless you really had a reason to be there - i.e. they gave you a scholarship, you're from CT or the NE and really wanna be close by, I would definitely look at other med schools heavily. If you want to do something like anesthesia or radiology level and below probably not a problem (although still harder imo) but above that (surgical subspecialties etc) I would realllllyyyy steer you away from the school. It's just so much harder when you're not a "known" quantity - and unfortunately who knows what matching into anesthesia will be like in 4 years.

If you want to network and establish yourself it's all on you, Netter isn't going to help. With Yale you're actually not allowed to work with them unless you win a "lottery" that I think 10 people get every year.

That said, if it's your only choice you do what you gotta do and as you can see from the match list people can make it happen. But again - it's because they were able to make it happen essentially on their own.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my OOS A. I hope it goes to one of you deserving applicants. Best of luck!

I know this might sound insane, but would it be feasible at all to commute from 1 hour 45 minutes away? At least for the first year or two since we'll only have to be on campus 3-4 days a week? Trying to find some money to save by living with my parents 😭
MS4 here, I had a classmate who commuted from NYC during MS1/MS2. It seemed tough but she made it work. She would just get there early and pretty much spend all day on campus studying on days she had to come in person. I think she got a closer apartment for MS3. There was also a guy who graduated last year who lived in NYC all of med school and he made it work.

So it's very possible, especially the first two years when you don't need to be there everyday. You can also take full advantage of med ed podcasts like Goljan. I think if it saves you a significant amount of money it may be worth it, personally.

MS4 here, I had a classmate who commuted from NYC during MS1/MS2. It seemed tough but she made it work. She would just get there early and pretty much spend all day on campus studying on days she had to come in person. I think she got a closer apartment for MS3. There was also a guy who graduated last year who lived in NYC all of med school and he made it work.

So it's very possible, especially the first two years when you don't need to be there everyday. You can also take full advantage of med ed podcasts like Goljan. I think if it saves you a significant amount of money it may be worth it, personally.

Roughly how many days per week do you end up spending on campus during preclinical years? I feel like 5 days per week of a long commute would be brutal, but if classes aren’t mandatory attendance then commuting 2ish days per week for labs or something would be more reasonable.

Roughly how many days per week do you end up spending on campus during preclinical years? I feel like 5 days per week of a long commute would be brutal, but if classes aren’t mandatory attendance then commuting 2ish days per week for labs or something would be more reasonable.
Admittedly my first year was during COVID so we only went to campus like 1 day a week. I think MS2s probably average 4 days (MWF is PBL, Thursday is CAS), but it's usually less during MS1 since on days where there are only lectures it's not mandatory. So maybe 3-4 during MS1? Someone who went through it more recently can correct me if I'm wrong. But yes it seems tough but it definitely depends on the person, it's not impossible.

yeah, i had a classmate who commuted from NYC first two years. you can do whatever you want and will make friends who will help you out

Last edited:

As of now I have a few specialties I’m interested in but I’m definitely going to keep my mind ope
what are you considering?

feel free to send specific questions or dm if if you want!

Hi! Is there any way to contact the GroupMe Admin? I tried to join last week and have not been approved yet.