2023-2024 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but when were you marked complete?
Thanks, marked complete on 8/16/2023.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear back today post II?

Reactions: 1 user
Post-II Rejection today… interviewed 10/5
Best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Same here! R just now, but interviewing here was a long shot in itself so it’s all good

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
IS II today! For the passport style photo, does that mean we should have a neutral expression? Or if it's against a white background but I'm smiling do you guys think that's ok?

IS II today! For the passport style photo, does that mean we should have a neutral expression? Or if it's against a white background but I'm smiling do you guys think that's ok?

im smiling in my picture so i think its fine with a white background

What's the latest interview date people have heard back about the final pool? Any guess when 10/17 interviewers should expect to hear?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II this morning! This one definitely took me by surprise... :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Their website says the interviews last until mid-December. The options when I scheduled were Nov. 14, 28, and 30, so I would guess in the next couple of weeks
crossing my fingers, eyes full of tears, hoping and praying

On a side note, i was complete late July, and my stats are at the lower 25%, should i call it on NYU LI?

Post-interview hold, internal med. Does anyone know if there was any admissions from hold last year?

Post-interview hold, OB/GYN - no idea what this really means...
It seems the 4 messages you can get after an interview are:
Rejection
Hold (to be further compared to others who interview after you)
Final Pool (of contenders to get accepted to your specific track)
Acceptance

Does anyone know what % of the final pool is accepted?

does anyone know if a hold is pretty much a soft R? there is already such a low acceptance rate that it makes me think there is virtually no chance if on hold instead of final pool (i'm in obgyn too....)

Hi! Does anyone have any tips for the mmi? I have only done a one-way mmi before not a two-way. Do we get to take notes? Will we be in our own “room” while the prompt is shown before entering the room with the interviewer?

Hold. Interviewed 10/17. Will a letter of intent move the needle at this point or just let it be?

Hi! Does anyone have any tips for the mmi? I have only done a one-way mmi before not a two-way. Do we get to take notes? Will we be in our own “room” while the prompt is shown before entering the room with the interviewer?
You have 2 minutes by yourself to read the question and take handwritten notes before you enter the room. My biggest tips are be empathetic, be yourself, and don't be nervous - everyone I interviewed with was really nice and the two-way MMI flowed very naturally. I don't remember feeling thrown by any of the questions they asked (for context, interviewed 10/3, IM track, final pool). Each room does go super fast though!

Final pool! Interviewed 10/17, surgery!!

final pool!! interviewed 10/19, internal med!! does anyone know what the acceptance rate from the final pool is?

R rn. LM 75 submitted 6/30. I got an II from grossman so at least one NYU likes me lol. Good luck to everyone!