2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why Long not published 2024 residency match list as it did before? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Why Long not published 2024 residency match list as it did before? Just curious.

It depends on the school, some will publish it right away and others take their time depending on work load with all the other things they are busy with.
Refer to past year's lists to get an idea, here: OFFICIAL - 2024 Match Lists
At the top you will see hyperlinks to past years.

anyone who has withdrawn an acceptance, how long did it take to show up on your AMCAS CYMS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to email the withdrawn schools too?
In my opinion it is best to email them directly as well as doing it on a portal like AMCAS CYMS tool or others. Be polite but be sure to make your intentions to withdraw clear.

Last edited:
idt they gave out any offers from the wl yet based on that email they sent yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
just a heads up but a few ppl are withdrawing from long, so maybe movement will occur in the next day or 2?

just a heads up but a few ppl are withdrawing from long, so maybe movement will occur in the next day or 2?
Dr k just said in the Q and A session that they will probably meet and send out the first round of waitlist acceptances next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Turns out we can stay on TMDSAS waitlists after our AMCAS CTE date since they're two different systems

Turns out we can stay on TMDSAS waitlists after our AMCAS CTE date since they're two different systems
You can stay on waitlists for a while on both if you have no admissions.

You lose your TMDSAS waitlists on May 15th if you have a TMDSAS admission already.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to clarify, does this mean (if I was only waitlisted for Texas Schools) that I can commit to enroll right away and I would still be on the waitlists for other TMDSAS schools because its a different system? And also does Long not have an early commit to enroll deadline?

Just to clarify, does this mean (if I was only waitlisted for Texas Schools) that I can commit to enroll right away and I would still be on the waitlists for other TMDSAS schools because its a different system? And also does Long not have an early commit to enroll deadline?
Your question itself needs clarification!
1. Are you IS or OOS for Texas?
2. Do you have an AMCAS acceptance but only TMDSAS waitlists?
3. When is the CTE deadline for your AMCAS school?
With those answers I might be able to reply.
It’s your task to learn the deadlines for each of your remaining schools

Your question itself needs clarification!
1. Are you IS or OOS for Texas?
2. Do you have an AMCAS acceptance but only TMDSAS waitlists?
3. When is the CTE deadline for your AMCAS school?
With those answers I might be able to reply.
It’s your task to learn the deadlines for each of your remaining schools
I am IS Texas and have matched w/ Long. I am also on the waitlist for a couple Texas Schools. I have also withdrawn from all amcas schools, Thanks!

Last edited:
I am IS Texas and have matched w/ Long. I am also on the waitlist for a couple Texas Schools. I have also withdrawn from all amcas schools, Thanks!
Right now Long is your acceptance. You may stay on the WLs for the other TMDSAS schools until May 15th; after that date new offers from TMDSAS schools only go out to Texans who hold no TMDSAS acceptances or to OOS applicants.
In other words, you'll know in 13 days where you will be going.

Right now Long is your acceptance. You may stay on the WLs for the other TMDSAS schools until May 15th; after that date new offers from TMDSAS schools only go out to Texans who hold no TMDSAS acceptances or to OOS applicants.
In other words, you'll know in 13 days where you will be going.
I guess my question was supposed to be whether I am supposed to commit to enroll to Long on AMCAS right now? (or if that is not something that matters since I am in the TMDSAS system)

I guess my question was supposed to be whether I am supposed to commit to enroll to Long on AMCAS right now? (or if that is not something that matters since I am in the TMDSAS system)
You don't have to use the tool since you have only 1 acceptance. Don't do anything for 2 weeks.

I’m also in a somewhat similar situation to acaibowls.

I have an AMCAS school acceptance, matched to Long via TMDSAS, and am on a TMDSAS waitlist for another school.

If I drop the TMDSAS acceptance by May 15th, does that mean I remain on the waitlist for TMDSAS?

Basically trying to see what my choices are here. If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!

I’m also in a somewhat similar situation to acaibowls.

I have an AMCAS school acceptance, matched to Long via TMDSAS, and am on a TMDSAS waitlist for another school.

If I drop the TMDSAS acceptance by May 15th, does that mean I remain on the waitlist for TMDSAS?

Basically trying to see what my choices are here. If anyone could help me out, I’d greatly appreciate it!
See @texasvandy 's comment above 2023-2024 UT San Antonio (Long)

Just to clarify, it says on the TMDSAS website that after May 15th, "Medical schools can no longer make offers to Texas resident applicants holding another seat."

So would be correct in assuming that if I don't hold any acceptances to a TMDSAS school (even though I technically withdrew from Long after being accepted) on/after May15th, I can remain on the waitlists for TMDSAS schools?

Just to clarify, it says on the TMDSAS website that after May 15th, "Medical schools can no longer make offers to Texas resident applicants holding another seat."

So would be correct in assuming that if I don't hold any acceptances to a TMDSAS school (even though I technically withdrew from Long after being accepted) on/after May15th, I can remain on the waitlists for TMDSAS schools?
They are not expecting you to game the system to stay on waitlists. As far as they are concerned you were given an admission and you kept it through the match and thats what holds. Dropping it now may never even be reflected on TMDSAS system.

If you are OOS, you could be on waitlists indefinitely. I suspect the waitlists do not favor OOS after May 15th either, primarily because Texas wants to ensure those with no admissions are favored over OOS at that point.

DM me

Oh btw people on the waitlist they said next week they'll probably give 15-20 WL acceptances next week

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Alr for every1 as neurotic as me and for complete transparency I called the admissions office and they said they started offering spots (as we saw yesterday) and they meet twice a week to review the apps so I'm hoping that yesterday was just for OOS bc it might be easier bc there are less of them to review and whenever they meet again this week is for IS (complete speculation on my part tho and would be proved wrong if someone knows of an IS that got in off WL)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Alr for every1 as neurotic as me and for complete transparency I called the admissions office and they said they started offering spots (as we saw yesterday) and they meet twice a week to review the apps so I'm hoping that yesterday was just for OOS bc it might be easier bc there are less of them to review and whenever they meet again this week is for IS (complete speculation on my part tho)
Doing God’s work man thank you. I’m stressing over here lol

• Care
I got off the wait list yesterday. OOS too. Totally going!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Are there people here who are trying to move up to Long vs those with only waitlists and no As?

Man, this stress is unbearable. My heart skips a beat every time the phone rings. Hang in there my friends!! We will know one way or another soon enough :)

Got accepted yesterday. For those that have current schools whose offers we have accepted, how do we inform them of our intent to no longer be a student there?

• Care
Got accepted yesterday. For those that have current schools whose offers we have accepted, how do we inform them of our intent to no longer be a student there?
A direct and respectful email to the admissions office is best.
If it's an AMCAS school and has a portal to use to withdraw, you could do that as well.
congratulations!

Could someone send me the GroupMe link for accepted students?
Same.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to update my courses before sending my transcript as the TMDSAS instructions say as well.