2023-2024 NYU - Long Island

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive an acknowledgement that their application was under review? I was complete 7/25...wondering how they order the applications they review...

no acknowledgement before II on my end and no changes in portal either

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Asking those who have received an interview invite, am I correct to put the headshot picture in the "photo" upload section of the app, under the status section of the left hand menu bar, and a picture of my license in the "document upload" section. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question

Asking those who have received an interview invite, am I correct to put the headshot picture in the "photo" upload section of the app, under the status section of the left hand menu bar, and a picture of my license in the "document upload" section. Sorry if this seems like a dumb question

yes thats what I did

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who received interview invites, what track did you select? I heard they have the most positions available by far for internal med. Congrats btw!

For those of you who received interview invites, what track did you select? I heard they have the most positions available by far for internal med. Congrats btw!
IS interview scheduled for October... I selected Pediatrics track

I submitted my application on 7/2 and haven't heard anything since. I know the school isn't known for large amounts of communication, but is it worth it to send an update/ interest letter before I have hear anything? Or should I just try to practice patience?

I submitted my application on 7/2 and haven't heard anything since. I know the school isn't known for large amounts of communication, but is it worth it to send an update/ interest letter before I have hear anything? Or should I just try to practice patience?
Practice patience

Reactions: 2 users
Internal medicine

II received just now, complete Jul 6, General Surgery track

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
OOS II, LM 75, complete date 8/9, internal medicine track

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
did they mention anything important for the orientation + meet the students session? I completely missed it and did not realize until now because Georgetown’s orientation is the Monday before interview, so I must have gotten confused and thought NYULI’s orientation was also the Monday before 😩
@premedinterview392 When you do enquire be very apologetic and say you didn't store the date properly on your calendar.
Given the small class size and small number of interviews they offer, this might have been a grave error for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any tips from people who interviewed? interviewing here next week, it’s my first MMI

Didn't interview here and don't have an II from NYULI. If I were you though, I would just pray for a miracle every night after your interview. If the US news data is correct, last year they accepted 8 people out of 315 OOS interviews.
The truth is, I simply have that dog in me. AWOOOOO WOOF WOOF.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
When are we supposed to receive the follow up email about the next step of the admission process after the interview? I was told that we would receive them later afternoon on the day of the interview but didn't receive anything yet

When are we supposed to receive the follow up email about the next step of the admission process after the interview? I was told that we would receive them later afternoon on the day of the interview but didn't receive anything yet
I got a survey email and some info about decision dates but I found it in my spam. It's the first email sent by NYUGLISOM to get marked as spam so maybe check your spam folder?

I got a survey email and some info about decision dates but I found it in my spam. It's the first email sent by NYUGLISOM to get marked as spam so maybe check your spam folder?
Was able to find it in my spam folder. Thank you!!

Great seeing all of my fellow interviewees tonight

• Love
Does anyone know the percent accepted post-interview? I heard it's super low

Very low. Over 500 people interviewed last year, and only 24 were accepted. < 5% post-interview acceptance rate.

Reactions: 1 users
Very low. Over 500 people interviewed last year, and only 24 were accepted. < 5% post-interview acceptance rate.
24 matriculated but more accepted assuming some reject the offer. On MSAR it says 8 people off the waitlist so at least 32, maybe closer to 40ish. Definitely no more than 10%, probably closer to 5-8% but hard to say for sure.

how do we address thank you letters...? to the entire interview staff ? I dont think they sent a follow-up with the name of those in our MMI stations

how do we address thank you letters...? to the entire interview staff ? I dont think they sent a follow-up with the name of those in our MMI stations
Feel like it would be appropriate to address to “admissions committee”

Just moved to final pool for consideration! OOS but I will take any good news :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
hey! i have my interview next week. they said they were going to send an email for the Kira platform, but I haven't received it yet....
should i reach out?

hey! i have my interview next week. they said they were going to send an email for the Kira platform, but I haven't received it yet....
should i reach out?
I reached out and they said there has been a delay and they're working on it

Anyone who interviewed on the 3rd of October and hear back yet?

• Hmm
LM 73, OOS, IM Track, Complete 7/19, II 9/19, Interviewed 10/12

Late post but OOS interviewed 9/19, was accepted to final pool on 10/19 for OB/GYN track!

Does anyone know if they still send out IIs or no?
I got II today!!!! Can't believe it honestly didn't feel like I had any shot at this school specifically since I'm nowhere near as "specialized" in my experiences for the track I chose. Lets goooooooo

I got II today!!!! Can't believe it honestly didn't feel like I had any shot at this school specifically since I'm nowhere near as "specialized" in my experiences for the track I chose. Lets goooooooo
They couldn’t resist the 526

When are they scheduling out to, baby girl?

• Haha
I know they finish sending out IIs in December but do you know when are the last completed apps that they consider? Because I submitted this secondary in October since I wasn't really planning on applying here before

I got one around a week ago

Hello everyone. I just received an II today, and when I try to schedule, the only day available is 11/16 but I have an II with another school on 11/15 and 11/16 (post-II info session). Does anyone know if there will be more II slots coming out in the near future? Or should I try to reschedule the post-II info session (will there be any repercussions for rescheduling?). I know there will still be a pretty slim chance of getting an A in NYULISOM especially when I choose the general surgery route, but still don't want to give up hope. Thank you everyone!

Hello everyone. I just received an II today, and when I try to schedule, the only day available is 11/16 but I have an II with another school on 11/15 and 11/16 (post-II info session). Does anyone know if there will be more II slots coming out in the near future? Or should I try to reschedule the post-II info session (will there be any repercussions for rescheduling?). I know there will still be a pretty slim chance of getting an A in NYULISOM especially when I choose the general surgery route, but still don't want to give up hope. Thank you everyone!
Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but when were you marked complete?