2023-2024 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did anyone receive secondaries yet?
secondary received, OOS, mcat 500, gpa 3.94. the only thing complete on my application materials is the secondary fee. mcat scores, transcripts, LORs, etc are not recieved yet so i am assuming AACOMAS is sending them over

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
secondary received, OOS, mcat 500, gpa 3.94. the only thing complete on my application materials is the secondary fee. mcat scores, transcripts, LORs, etc are not recieved yet so i am assuming AACOMAS is sending them over
I think they have the documents but they have someone manually review it/ attach/ link it which is why it takes so long

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait this happened to me too. I'm really confused because I submitted my app yesterday and when I check the system, they said they don't have my aacomas app, MCAT, or LORs when that was all in my primary?
I emailed them few weeks ago, they said it's fine, will be updated in the portal later, give it some time

On my primary I indicated that I have no campus preference but on the secondary it makes us choose one. Is this a mistake or do they expect me to know by now which campus I am interested in?

Just got the call saying my application was complete and now under review. Does that mean all my LORs were approved? I’m confused

Just got the call saying my application was complete and now under review. Does that mean all my LORs were approved? I’m confused
They take time to link your AACOMAS app with your secondary even after you submit your secondary. Basically you're finally complete for them

For question: 2) List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school:

Are we then not allowed to include paid health-care related activites (like scribing?)

Last edited:
For question: 2) List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school:

Are we then not allowed to include paid health-care related activites (like scribing?
I called them and asked this and they said unless you voluntarily scribed (I did this 😳) without pay then no! They want you to talk about volunteering experiences related to healthcare

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called them and asked this and they said unless you voluntarily scribed (I did this 😳) without pay then no! They want you to talk about volunteering experiences related to healthcare
Thank you ! Do you think mentioning 3 experiences is too little? Lol (had more non-healthcare volunteering experiences)

Last edited:
LOL… I mean I would have loved to put my paid scribing experiences… oh well
I think your decision was smarter. The person reading my application is not going to be the person who answered the phone. They could easily view it as me not following directions. Hopefully it’s not a big deal!

Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 6/16/23

For #4:
4) If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (2000 character )

You would not include a current job (one you got right after undergrad) right? But only a job(s) you held while actually studying in undergrad?

For #4:
4) If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week. (2000 character )

You would not include a current job (one you got right after undergrad) right? But only a job(s) you held while actually studying in undergrad?
Yes! I only did during undergrad, not after

Does KPCOM wait for mcat retake results or look at what you have right now?

Has anyone's status recently changed bc I submitted my secondary on 7/14 and my status is still "Action required" bc my MCAT/LOR/AACOMAS application isn't received. I emailed them about it but the response was not helpful. Is this happening to anyone else?

Has anyone's status recently changed bc I submitted my secondary on 7/14 and my status is still "Action required" bc my MCAT/LOR/AACOMAS application isn't received. I emailed them about it but the response was not helpful. Is this happening to anyone else?
I've submitted since 07/05 and I still have Action required and nothing marked as received except for my secondary payment. I think they're just slow

I've submitted since 07/05 and I still have Action required and nothing marked as received except for my secondary payment. I think they're just slow
They are! They will call you when it’s complete to review. Took me almost a month

Does anyone know when II start coming out?

For those who received II, when did y’all receive the call/email that your application was complete?

Dang I've submitted since July 5 and still not complete

I submitted and received a call I was complete in late June. However I just received an automated email saying they have received my AACOMAS primary and it was a reminder to submit the secondary. Has anyone else experienced this duplicate secondary email error?

I couldn't find a number, only email address, what number are you going to call?
  • Go to apply.nova.edu
  • Enter your NSU online application login and password
  • View the status of your application or documents received
If you have issues reviewing this information online, you can contact the admissions call center at (954) 262-1101 or 1-877-640-0218. They are available at the hours below:
  • Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Sunday: Closed
This is what it says on their website so gonna call them hopefully tomorrow when they are open

So I have the same issue where my application components are marked as "Not received". I spoke to someone on the phone today and they said my application still needs to be processed/reviewed by the team so it's nothing I can do but just seems like they have a lot of applications to process. I submitted my secondary on 7/14.

Just got rejected from NOVA for the 2022 cycle despite withdrawing my app a year ago?
1690895147532.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users