2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
im so annoyed that my preview release date pushed my secondary app “finish” date until 9/19. I feel like this is somewhat late and it’s going to ruin my chances for an interview…

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
im so annoyed that my CASPER pushed my secondary app “finish” date until 9/19. I feel like this is somewhat late and it’s going to ruin my chances for an interview…
Mercer requires Preview, not CASPER btw

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted and best of luck to those who are waiting to hear back! I’m a current M1 at MUSM and I’m happy to answer any questions about the admissions process, campuses, curriculum, or other medical school matters! Just DM me

Reactions: 7 users
If you applied ED and weren’t accepted, are you either deferred or rejected? Or just deferred?

If you applied ED and weren’t accepted, are you either deferred or rejected? Or just deferred?
Just deferred. If you are accepted, waitlisted, or rejected, you won’t find out until probably end of March. A lot of people who are on the waitlist end up getting accepted around May or even late as July

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a little confused about interview day. I was looking on the website and it says applicants have 2 interviewers. Is it 2 separate interviews or just one with 2 interviewers?
One interview with two interviewers present

im so annoyed that my preview release date pushed my secondary app “finish” date until 9/19. I feel like this is somewhat late and it’s going to ruin my chances for an interview…
Same here. It sucks.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that have gotten interviews RD, was your Preview score released by the time you submitted your app? I’m not sure that the preview release affects your completion date. But I could be wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have gotten interviews RD, was your Preview score released by the time you submitted your app? I’m not sure that the preview release affects your completion date. But I could be wrong.
I think it does this year. It is REQUIRED for Mercer before they grant interviews. I had mine done July, results back August 15th and I got an interview invite September 26th.

I think it does this year. It is REQUIRED for Mercer before they grant interviews. I had mine done July, results back August 15th and I got an interview invite September 26th.
When was your app complete? My preview was released same date, app submitted 7/19

Has anyone gotten an acceptance back from RD interviews? I had mine last week and I’m still waiting for a call…

Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted and best of luck to those who are waiting to hear back! I’m a current M1 at MUSM and I’m happy to answer any questions about the admissions process, campuses, curriculum, or other medical school matters! Just DM me
Hi!! thank you for offering some advice!!
1) If someone is interested in Peds which campus has the best hospital affiliated to it for that? / which campus is best in general? i'm having a really hard time trying to figure out where i should be
2) are there any part time/campus jobs that a M1 can do to generate some income? i'm super worried about tuition + general cost of living
3) do you recommend getting a roommate?
4) what does your general week look like? are end of week tests usually in friday and then you get the weekend to recoup?

Hi!! thank you for offering some advice!!
1) If someone is interested in Peds which campus has the best hospital affiliated to it for that? / which campus is best in general? i'm having a really hard time trying to figure out where i should be
2) are there any part time/campus jobs that a M1 can do to generate some income? i'm super worried about tuition + general cost of living
3) do you recommend getting a roommate?
4) what does your general week look like? are end of week tests usually in friday and then you get the weekend to recoup?
DMed you some answers!

My application was finalized on 8/9 for RD. Do I still have a chance at an interview invite or should I assume the worst?

My application was finalized on 8/9 for RD. Do I still have a chance at an interview invite or should I assume the worst?
I am RD, completed on 9/19 if that makes you feel better. you still have a chance, i emailed admissions and they said they have had over 700 apps and they are just a small office that has other duties besides reviewing apps. i think this means we are still good, they are just taking some time to get through them. im waiting for II as well

Reactions: 3 users
I am RD, completed on 9/19 if that makes you feel better. you still have a chance, i emailed admissions and they said they have had over 700 apps and they are just a small office that has other duties besides reviewing apps. i think this means we are still good, they are just taking some time to get through them. im waiting for II as well
That's an interesting number for them to share. MSAR shows they received double that last year (1406), interviewing 430, and matriculating 160. If they received less than 800 applications that would represent a significant decrease in applications received.

In other news, next Wednesday is the third Wednesday of the month. Good luck to folks waiting to hear news one way or the other.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an acceptance back from RD interviews? I had mine last week and I’m still waiting for a call…
Medical schools cannot legally accept RD before 10/15 its a rule, so won't expect anything until then at the earliest. Don't stress lol

I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear but I interviewed last October and didn’t get accepted until around May.

I know that’s definitely not the case for everyone but it happens. They won’t always get back to you super quick and more often than not, it’ll take months before you hear anything from a school.

Keep your head up and keep your mind off things while you go through the application process. You’ll go crazy if you don’t. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I know this probably isn’t what you want to hear but I interviewed last October and didn’t get accepted until around May.

I know that’s definitely not the case for everyone but it happens. They won’t always get back to you super quick and more often than not, it’ll take months before you hear anything from a school.

Keep your head up and keep your mind off things while you go through the application process. You’ll go crazy if you don’t. Good luck!
Oh man I hope it doesn't take that long this time around 😭

MSAR for the 2023 class shows it's 160; it is also split evenly across the three campuses, so 60 at Macon, Savannah, and Columbus.

If 60 were at each campus then that would add up to 180. I know there are less in Savannah than in Macon and there are probably less in Columbus than Macon too

at my interview I believe they said they were increasing to 180 this year
I thought that is what they said at the virtual information session I attended but stuck to the MSAR. In any instance, that's awesome, thank you for sharing, and good luck :)

When do you guys (at least those who plan on having them) think you will start looking around for roommates? I'm so nervous about trying to find people and a place.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the first round of RD acceptances go out tomorrow? 3rd Wednesday of the month was what the previous year's thread said was the usual release time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think the first round of RD acceptances go out tomorrow? 3rd Wednesday of the month was what the previous year's thread said was the usual release time.
I think they "meet" on the third wednesday and send out acceptances/results the following week wednesday - friday

I think they "meet" on the third wednesday and send out acceptances/results the following week wednesday - friday
Threads from previous years show them sending them out as early as the next day after the meeting; however, like all things related to this sometimes highly arbitrary process, there are a ton of caveats and I think it depends on whether you are ED or RD, and who your committee member is and their schedule.

last year people started receiving acceptance calls the third wednesday in october