2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
the bad thing about tomorrow is that if i don't get a call i'm automatically going to assume they rejected me
Same lol! It doesn't help that it depends on the interviewer: some will call tomorrow, the next day, or never call just send an email. This is what I understood from reading previous thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Same lol! It doesn't help that it depends on the interviewer: some will call tomorrow, the next day, or never call just send an email!
UGH!!! okay, thank you for the info that some don't call - that helps a bit, lol

Reactions: 1 users
I’m going to feel the same way…if I hear nothing I’m going to just be sad for a bit. At least you’re not rejected…just put into regular decision pools. So you still have a chance!

I’m not trying to be negative but I’ve already tried telling myself that I’ll probably be deferred to regular decision. Just to try to soften the blow 🥲

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I hope it works out for everyone…good luck tomorrow! ❤️❤️❤️

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone else have the "received" date on their LORs change periodically in the "Status" folder of their completed application? Is the date changing to when they re-review your application? I submitted my LORs in early aug, and every couple days the "received" date moves. Now it says LORs received on 9/26.

does anyone else have the "received" date on their LORs change periodically in the "Status" folder of their completed application? Is the date changing to when they re-review your application? I submitted my LORs in early aug, and every couple days the "received" date moves. Now it says LORs received on 9/26.
wait yes mine moved up to 9/19 when i submitted the secondary on 8/19... so strange

I just got the call at 5:30! 🎉
For those that didn’t, hang in there.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did u guys get the email after the call or no? Bc I didn’t so I’m not sure if we were supposed to……

ugh best of luck to you!!! it’s brutal to wait while others have heard. I’ve heard that sometimes different committee members who interview do calls on different days?
I hope so! I think we may still have hope…so fingers crossed! Good luck to you as well! Congrats to everyone who got accepted though!

did u guys get the email after the call or no? Bc I didn’t so I’m not sure if we were supposed to……
i haven't yet, but i think they said that usually comes 1-2 days after the call!

For those of us who didn’t get the call…let’s not freak out yet. According to previous threads, some people were called the day after and some didn’t even receive a call—just an email the next day

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
All you baddies who haven't gotten a call yet, you got this!!!!! I'm rooting so hard for y'all and just know you will get that acceptance call/email so soon!!

hello,

can someone who is matriculating at mercer/knows a current student lay out the differences between macon, columbus, and savannah? im able to attend any of the 3 and im really interested to hear the differences if any.
Hi! I went to mercer for undergrad and have friends at macon and Savannah campuses if you want to DM me!

What are the interviews like?
super chill day! for ED at least, the interview lasted from 10-1. from 10-11 ish is when you get a general introduction, 11-11:45 ish is when you meet with you 2 assigned interviewers and then from about 12-1 you are meeting some student ambassadors (this part and the introduction are a group zoom call). hope this helps!

anyone ED who didn't hear yesterday hear anything today yet?

I'm a little confused about interview day. I was looking on the website and it says applicants have 2 interviewers. Is it 2 separate interviews or just one with 2 interviewers?

I'm a little confused about interview day. I was looking on the website and it says applicants have 2 interviewers. Is it 2 separate interviews or just one with 2 interviewers?
It’s one interview with two interviewers, then you meet with the student ambassadors