2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello,

can someone who is matriculating at mercer/knows a current student lay out the differences between macon, columbus, and savannah? im able to attend any of the 3 and im really interested to hear the differences if any.

hello,

can someone who is matriculating at mercer/knows a current student lay out the differences between macon, columbus, and savannah? im able to attend any of the 3 and im really interested to hear the differences if any.
This might not help but during interviews they give you lots of time to talk to student ambassadors so this could be a question you could ask them then!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted in early August, but my PREview exam isn't for another week. Weirdly enough, my application status has my PREview scores marked as received. Maybe Mercer got rid of the requirement for PREview scores before they can consider you for admission??
I also checked back and noticed that on the secondary invite email, it doesn't state PREview scores as a requirement for the secondary app to be reviewed.

Just wondering if anyone else has any insights or if anyone received an II before submitting their PREview scores.

My secondary application is showing this page is incomplete with a red bubble, though I have filled all answers 1 to 10. The very top table is already prefilled from the Primary application. All other pages, Residency form, prerequisite form, etc., show green check marks.

Can somebody tell me why I do not see the complete check mark for this first page?

My secondary application is showing this page is incomplete with a red bubble, though I have filled all answers 1 to 10. The very top table is already prefilled from the Primary application. All other pages, Residency form, prerequisite form, etc., show green check marks.

Can somebody tell me why I do not see the complete check mark for this first page?
same

Did you click the submit button on the secondary application part?

I submitted in early August, but my PREview exam isn't for another week. Weirdly enough, my application status has my PREview scores marked as received. Maybe Mercer got rid of the requirement for PREview scores before they can consider you for admission??
I also checked back and noticed that on the secondary invite email, it doesn't state PREview scores as a requirement for the secondary app to be reviewed.

Just wondering if anyone else has any insights or if anyone received an II before submitting their PREview scores.
I took the PREview exam on August 17, and AAMC says the score won't be released until September 19. On my secondary portal though, mine also says they have already received my PREview. It sucks that it takes more than a month for them to release a score for a largely BS situational judgment exam. I only see negatives with this test. It's unreliable, an invasion of privacy, and it massively delays our apps. I hope they will review the apps without the score.

Reactions: 1 users
I took the PREview exam on August 17, and AAMC says the score won't be released until September 19. On my secondary portal though, mine also says they have already received my PREview. It sucks that it takes more than a month for them to release a score for a largely BS situational judgment exam. I only see negatives with this test. It's unreliable, an invasion of privacy, and it massively delays our apps. I hope they will review the apps without the score.
I agree. The Casper exam was much better…I feel like my ‘situational’ skills can’t really be assessed based off of how strongly I agree or disagree with a situation. And that if I only agree with a given scenario, while a test grader thinks I should strongly agree, I lose points 🙃

Does anyone know if they send out secondaries immediately after you are verified on AMCAS? Or do they wait a few days to send them??
They wait a few days I believe, mine came a few days or actually about a week later

submitted secondary RD, waiting for PREVIEW results (sept 19th release), but I am wondering:
- when do we make campus decision
- are interviews in person

submitted secondary RD, waiting for PREVIEW results (sept 19th release), but I am wondering:
- when do we make campus decision
- are interviews in person
Campus decisions are on a first come first serve basis and you make your choice when you get an acceptance packet
Interviews are on zoom where you talk to 2 interviewers, then student ambassadors

Members don't see this ad :)
do you all know if they send secondaries shortly after you've submitted them (my app is still in review to be verified) so I'm wondering how short after I should expect secondaries if I am to get one

do you all know if they send secondaries shortly after you've submitted them (my app is still in review to be verified) so I'm wondering how short after I should expect secondaries if I am to get one

has anybody who applied ED not gotten an II yet? submitted secondary and preview score 8/17

I applied ED and haven’t heard anything back either. So we’re both in the same boat 😬
thanks for your response... best of luck to you. if you don't mind sharing, when did you submit your secondaries?

anybody know if ED II are sent out every Mon & Fri since there's interviews every Tues & Thurs? found that pattern in last year 2022-2023 Mercer forum

Just received an II! I submitted last week ago (ED).

Hi! have any EDs who have interviewed already heard anything back? i interviewed 9/7/2023. hoping to hear back soon. i'm so nervous.

Hi! have any EDs who have interviewed already heard anything back? i interviewed 9/7/2023. hoping to hear back soon. i'm so nervous.
From what they said during my interview, they haven’t made an admissions decisions yet. But they did tell us to send in our updates within a week of our interview…and I interviewed on the 12th. So I’m assuming they’ll be meeting soon.

From what they said during my interview, they haven’t made an admissions decisions yet. But they did tell us to send in our updates within a week of our interview…and I interviewed on the 12th. So I’m assuming they’ll be meeting soon.
i hope we both hear back soon with a big fat acceptance! do you know what campus you're learning towards?

According to last years thread, the admissions committee apparently meets the third Wednesday of every month. Hopefully us ED people will hear back very soon !!

im assuming the macon campus is the most popular bc its the main campus, and savannah next bc well its savannah... and then columbus. its first come first serve right?

I think the last week of September is when we start hearing back news! I know last year some people started hearing back as early as Sept. 27th

im assuming the macon campus is the most popular bc its the main campus, and savannah next bc well its savannah... and then columbus. its first come first serve right?
yup! It’s first come first serve. Though I’m not sure which campus is popular…

Idk what campus I’d pick if I got accepted…maybe Columbus or Macon? I think Savannah is going to be too expensive for me 😅 and I think it is first come first serve. But I’m excited! I hope it works out for all of us…it would be awesome! Would be nice to know some cool people before classes would start as well!

Idk what campus I’d pick if I got accepted…maybe Columbus or Macon? I think Savannah is going to be too expensive for me 😅 and I think it is first come first serve. But I’m excited! I hope it works out for all of us…it would be awesome! Would be nice to know some cool people before classes would start as well!im
im a RD neurotic applicant scanning this page 24/7 (havent even interviewed) but i wish you guys the best of luck!

Idk what campus I’ll pick either. Have any of y’all visited either campus yet? I hope it works out for all of us too!

Just got an interview from Mercer! Regular decision!!

Reactions: 3 users