2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Idk what campus I’d pick if I got accepted…maybe Columbus or Macon? I think Savannah is going to be too expensive for me 😅 and I think it is first come first serve. But I’m excited! I hope it works out for all of us…it would be awesome! Would be nice to know some cool people before classes would start as well!
Macon actually surprised me... Beautiful city man and only an hour away from ATL. Not bad. Savannah is nice too but It's just too far away from everything for me. I want to be close to home

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
According to last years thread, the admissions committee apparently meets the third Wednesday of every month. Hopefully us ED people will hear back very soon !!
i hope so and i hope we all get the answer we want to hear :( do you know how many people typically apply to ED every year?

Macon actually surprised me... Beautiful city man and only an hour away from ATL. Not bad. Savannah is nice too but It's just too far away from everything for me. I want to be close to home
this is my exact thought!! i think savannah would be super fun but also SUPER expensive. and i like that macon is only ~1 hour away from my house as opposed to savannah which is close to 4 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there is a ED groupme for this years applicants?? if so, can someone drop the link? thank you!

Happy alleged admissions committee meeting day to those who celebrate

Reactions: 2 users
Did any ED folks receive anything today?
I really don’t think they have released their decisions. Tomorrow is the last day for ED interviews. If anything, they probably made some decisions but will wait till next week to let everyone know about their decisions. Based on previous years on Mercer’s SDN, folks would post their ED acceptance during the last week of September…but I could be wrong!

this might be a bit premature, but do you guys plan on finding roommates or mostly living alone? cause i was looking at the rent for these places and it's astronomical. Especially in savannah but even in the other locations

this might be a bit premature, but do you guys plan on finding roommates or mostly living alone? cause i was looking at the rent for these places and it's astronomical. Especially in savannah but even in the other locations
As of right now, I’m thinking of getting a roommate if accepted. It just makes it less cheaper and you’ll have someone I guess to interact with

Curious how much weight is put in the Preview test? Considering just 8 schools required and first year for Mercer ( supposedly design for medical School applications) verses CASPer is for all professions.🤷‍♀️

Curious how much weight is put in the Preview test? Considering just 8 schools required and first year for Mercer ( supposedly design for medical School applications) verses CASPer is for all professions.🤷‍♀️
I know you don’t need it for a secondary, but they’d probably want it before they send you an II

I have a friend who is on the ambassador team at MCG and another at Mercer. They both have said that the preview and casper exam virtually hold no weight other than for helping collect data for future years for when it'll matter more!

hopefully that was what you were asking, lol

Reactions: 3 users
I have a friend who is on the ambassador team at MCG and another at Mercer. They both have said that the preview and casper exam virtually hold no weight other than for helping collect data for future years for when it'll matter more!

hopefully that was what you were asking, lol
That’s good to hear…my Casper scores were pretty good, but my preview this year was pretty pathetic 😬

That’s good to hear…my Casper scores were pretty good, but my preview this year was pretty pathetic 😬
it's okay! i wouldn't worry about it, for real! im the #1 person to worry about everything so it's a big deal coming from me! hahah my preview was also trash so i really wouldn't worry :) last year i think my friend got a 1 or 2 and still got in! it don't mean but a thang :)

it's okay! i wouldn't worry about it, for real! im the #1 person to worry about everything so it's a big deal coming from me! hahah my preview was also trash so i really wouldn't worry :) last year i think my friend got a 1 or 2 and still got in! it don't mean but a thang :)
Ugh why in the world do they even make us pay for exams like that then 😒

• Okay...
Is anyone else really scared and nervous for this week? It’s all I can think about 🫠

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else really scared and nervous for this week? It’s all I can think about 🫠
IMG_2351.jpeg

Best I can tell there are 5 or 6 of us ED’s extremely nervous for his week 😬

I’m dying and the week hasn’t even started. I’ve been dying since my interview tbh 😬

i have no idea what i'm going to do if the answer isn't a positive one ... i am making myself nauseous thinking about it so much

Hoping we hear something back today but probably not. I can’t wait any longer 😬😬😬

Reactions: 1 user
Someone told me they accept 70% of their class of 160 from their ED applicants (so around 110-112 people). i am not sure how many apply ED but that one fact (that i don't even know if it's true or not) is the only thing getting me through this week

Someone told me they accept 70% of their class of 160 from their ED applicants (so around 110-112 people). i am not sure how many apply ED but that one fact (that i don't even know if it's true or not) is the only thing getting me through this week
I know looking at one of their previous years they accepted 70 some ED’s and 70 some RD’s…not good info but the ED number was higher.

MSAR has it at 50% of the class last year. Unsure if that's changed.

I know looking at one of their previous years they accepted 70 some ED’s and 70 some RD’s…not good info but the ED number was higher.
i wonder how many people ED to mercer to see what the ED stats are like then

the bad thing about tomorrow is that if i don't get a call i'm automatically going to assume they rejected me