2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went ahead and sent a letter of intent today. Honestly, don’t believe it would hurt me but gotta hope by some crazy chance they see it before they make final decisions :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When are y'alls guesses for the decisions this week? Idk why but Im feeling tuesday or thursday

Past two years have been tuesday evening and im like ahhhh, I hate not knowing when

Reactions: 1 users
I know a lot of folks will be tapping out this week if the decision isn't what they were hoping for...

Each year, only a small portion of folks decide to post here but so many other people benefit from these public conversations both now and in the future. I want to thank anyone who has posted in this thread during this application cycle and made the process feel a little bit less lonely.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone heard anything yet? I really hope we hear news soon and I'm so excited for everyone ❤️

Members don't see this ad :)
I am praying and manifesting good news for us! I haven’t heard yet, but let’s get our hopes up! I know people say not to, but what’s the harm in it :)

Nope nothing yet! Wishing well for everyone who is waiting, stay strong!

The uncertainty this week makes me feel awful, I hope it’s sooner rather than later

Reactions: 2 users
There was an event last Friday at the Savannah campus for Accepted Students. Events in Macon and Columbus are coming soon.

Hang in there!

There was an event last Friday at the Savannah campus for Accepted Students. Events in Macon and Columbus are coming soon.

Hang in there!
So you posted to tell folks about an event they weren’t invited to and then finished with “Hang in there!” Exclamation point an all? That’s wild.

So you posted to tell folks about an event they weren’t invited to and then finished with “Hang in there!” Exclamation point an all? That’s wild.

Yep. I wasn’t invited either but obviously it didn’t trigger me as much as it did you.

Yep. I wasn’t invited either but obviously it didn’t trigger me as much as it did you.
Not triggered lols Knowing you haven’t been accepted changes the tone of your post. But reread it again pretend you didn’t know that. That’s some wild ish.

Also, good luck to you this week since you’re still waiting on an answer like the rest of us.

Guys news coming either today or tomorrow. I have waited enough, just give me the news already whatever it is haha.
This waiting game is so painful fr.

Guys news coming either today or tomorrow. I have waited enough, just give me the news already whatever it is haha.
Just curious how you all know anything is happening this week?

Just curious how you all know anything is happening this week?
Because on the portal and in their emails they said we would hear back by March 30th

Because on the portal and in their emails they said we would hear back by March 30th
Ah I see, thanks. Well good luck then everybody!

I got deferred from ED in September and I have been praying ever since😂 the waiting game really is brutal haha

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got deferred from ED in September and I have been praying ever since😂 the waiting game really is brutal haha
I am in the same boat haha. Been praying and staying hopeful ever since. It’s been more than 1000 days now that I submitted my first application to med school and been waiting since then. Patience is wearing very thin but still holding on to the faith in god that he will pay off my hardwork in some way. Just keep ur heads up no matter the outcome this week guys.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I am in the same boat haha. Been praying and staying hopeful ever since. It’s been more than 1000 days now that I submitted my first application to med school and been waiting since then. Patience is wearing very thin but still holding on to the faith in god that he will pay off my hardwork in some way. Just keep ur heads up no matter the outcome this week guys.
Faith is key! No matter what—we deserve to be doctors. One thing I’ve had to realize is that it may not be on our timeline, but it will happen! Anyway, good luck to you, me and everyone else. We are getting that call!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Faith is key! No matter what—we deserve to be doctors. One thing I’ve had to realize is that it may not be on our timeline, but it will happen! Anyway, good luck to you, me and everyone else. We are getting that call!
My whole first cycle has been learning this lesson and it's reassuring to know even if something does not happen the first time, you can keep pushing and get it eventually! Best of luck to everyone, we have all worked to hard to get here and that alone is something to celebrate!

• Care
I have a quick question. Do yall see where it says "For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 30, 2024, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle is quite low. For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2023 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail. We encourage applicants in this category to work toward strengthening their application and reapplying if appropriate. " Does this mean mercer does a silent rejection kinda? I'm trying to wrap my frizzled brain around it

I have a quick question. Do yall see where it says "For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 30, 2024, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle is quite low. For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2023 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail. We encourage applicants in this category to work toward strengthening their application and reapplying if appropriate. " Does this mean mercer does a silent rejection kinda? I'm trying to wrap my frizzled brain around it
I was wondering the same. So seems like it.

My thoughts...

1) "For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 30, 2024, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle is quite low."

It's telling folks who have not received a notification that they are on the Wait List by March 30th that a rejection is forthcoming. From the previous year's threads, it doesn't seem like Mercer does "silent rejections."

2) "For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2023 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail."

This is for folks who make it to the Wait List. MUSOM has been known to extend offers to folks on the Wait List up to the Saturday before orientation. They likely won't let folks know the class list is full and send out rejections to folks on the Wait List until orientation starts (ala, August 2024). Because of this, they are trying to encourage everyone on the Wait List with no other acceptance to start preparing their application for the next cycle.

It seems like the only additional information folks on the Wait List might get is a rough number of how many people are on the Wait List. At that point, MUSOM has given us all the information they are going to and we all have to make decisions about what is next.

I would very much like to stay on the Wait List until the very end, hoping I get that call. However, after thinking it through and talking about it with my partner, if I am so fortunate to make it to the Wait List, I would likely withdraw form the Wait List in the first week of June after the "Commit To Enroll" deadlines have passed and any significant Wait List movement is over.

Last edited:
My thoughts...

1) "For those that are neither extended an offer of acceptance nor explicitly invited to be on the Wait List by March 30, 2024, the likelihood of acceptance this cycle is quite low."

It's telling folks who have not received a notification that they are on the Waist List by March 30th that a rejection is forthcoming. From the previous year's threads, it doesn't seem like Mercer does "silent rejections."

2) "For those not accepted earlier in the cycle, it may be the first week of August 2023 before notification on a final decision is communicated by e-mail."

This is for folks who make it to the Wait List. MUSOM has been known to extend offers to folks on the Wait List up to the Saturday before orientation. They likely won't let folks know the class list is full and send out rejections to folks on the Wait List until orientation starts (ala, August 2024). Because of this, they are trying to encourage everyone on the Wait List with no other acceptance to start preparing their application for the next cycle.

It seems like the only additional information folks on the Wait List might get is a rough number of how many people are on the Wait List. At that point, MUSOM has given us all the information they are going to and we all have to make decisions about what is next.

I would very much like to stay on the Wait List until the very end, hoping I get that call. However, after thinking it through and talking about it with my partner, if I am so fortunate to make it to the Wait List, I would likely withdraw form the Wait List in the first week of June after the "Commit To Enroll" deadlines have passed and any significant Wait List movement is over.
Are you still allowed to apply for the upcoming cycle while being on the waitlist for the previous cycle?

Are you still allowed to apply for the upcoming cycle while being on the waitlist for the previous cycle?
Yes u can def apply.
Also no one got on the waitlist yet right like they haven’t send out the waitlist email either right!

Yes u can def apply.
Also no one got on the waitlist yet right like they haven’t send out the waitlist email either right!
I haven’t received anything yet but the second I do I’ll let this forum know haha

Yes. They encourage you to reapply even while you’re on the Wait List.

Last edited:
today is the day fellas, they have to send today some news as tomorrow they are off due to Good Friday I think. Good luck everyone. Post here no matter the outcome. We are here to support you through this.

• Care
today is the day fellas, they have to send today some news as tomorrow they are off due to Good Friday I think. Good luck everyone. Post here no matter the outcome. We are here to support you through this.
The MUSOM student handbook shows they do celebrate Good Friday on March 29th. I assume they will send out notifications tonight after close of business to avoid a ton of calls and communications from anxious premeds.

The MUSOM student handbook shows they do celebrate Good Friday on March 29th. I assume they will send out notifications tonight after close of business to avoid a ton of calls and communications from anxious premeds.
That is what I'm thinking, I'm guessing anywhere from like 4-6pmish.

If they admitted people based upon how many times they refresh the admissions portal for no reason, I'd be in by now. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users