2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today is a great day for an acceptance y’all! Let’s do this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully it is good news!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking one for the team and emailing them.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! We have to wait for next week for Waitlist or Rejection decisions! Stay strong we got this

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! We have to wait for next week for Waitlist or Rejection decisions! Stay strong we got this
Dang it haha, did they give any indication they are going to do any decisions today?

Dang it haha, did they give any indication they are going to do any decisions today?
Nah we have to wait and I asked about acceptances and there was no response to that. I believe the class is full at this point.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share this information. It’s unfortunate that they aren’t sticking to their original posted deadlines they are supposed to notify applicants by.

Reactions: 5 users
We all deserve to at least be on the waitlist since we've waited so much lol

Great another week of being nervous :cryi: Thank you so much for emailing!

Do you guys know if we will hear back on Monday or will we have to wait until the end of the week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys know if we will hear back on Monday or will we have to wait until the end of the week?
No one here knows that information. We all assumed we would hear back last week, by the deadline they specified on the portal, until you were brave and called. It’s sucks but we all have another week of sitting tight.

Lets hope its sooner because the waiting game is too much now. Ugh I think it will be Wednesday most likely or Thursday.

We will be getting updates early this week!

• Wow
We will be getting updates early this week!
Fingers crossed!! Did they give you any indication? And best wishes again for everyone! I'm giving a presentation this evening and with my luck, emails will be sent then lol

Last edited:
Good news coming guys. I just spoke with them on call and they said that they will be sending out the emails for the waitlist decision by this week for sure. Either today or tomorrow or Wednesday. Hold tight and hang in there just a little bit longer. Keep faith and good luck to everyone once again.

Reactions: 2 users
Fingers crossed!! Did they give you any indication? And best wishes again for everyone! I'm giving a presentation this evening and with my luck, emails will be sent then lol
Good luck don't worry!!! And yes I got an email response from them

Good news coming guys. I just spoke with them on call and they said that they will be sending out the emails for the waitlist decision by this week for sure. Either today or tomorrow or Wednesday. Hold tight and hang in there just a little bit longer. Keep faith and good luck to everyone once again.
Thank you for this! Is it just WL or more A/R too? I know someone already mentioned two of the campuses were full. Just wondering if this week is strictly WL decisions!

I believe it might just be wl and R. I don't think there are any A coming but I want to be optimistic and be positive haha.

Thank you for this! Is it just WL or more A/R too? I know someone already mentioned two of the campuses were full. Just wondering if this week is strictly WL decisions!
I think there could be a few As as most medical schools over admit but potentially not a significant enough batch to show up here. As i, just because we don’t see posts here doesn’t mean one or two folks didn’t get an A. The WL and R wave will be significant and will likely be the bucket most of us still waiting will fall into…

I hope everyone has some good self-care practices in place this week in whatever than means for you.

I think there could be a few As as most medical schools over admit but potentially not a significant enough batch to show up here. As i, just because we don’t see posts here doesn’t mean one or two folks didn’t get an A. The WL and R wave will be significant and will likely be the bucket most of us still waiting will fall into…

I hope everyone has some good self-care practices in place this week in whatever than means for you.
I'm so ready for the closure, I was waiting on the mercer decision before accepting a job offer in a clinic. Congrats everyone on a great cycle! Make sure to take care of yourselves well this week and have a little treat (whether it be a break or tasty snack)

Lol Mercer has got to have the most wholesome SDN page. Good luck guys and girls. I hope everyone here eventually ends up happy with where they go, be that Mercer or elsewhere.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Lol Mercer has got to have the most wholesome SDN page. Good luck guys and girls. I hope everyone here eventually ends up happy with where they go, be that Mercer or elsewhere.
We believe in non toxic culture over here haha

Anyone heard anything tonight? Glad we know it’s today, tomorrow, or Wednesday!

ugh checked sdn 100 times since this morning along with my email haha.

• Haha
We have the composer of a piece of music for our next coming to work with the music ensemble I’m in this evening and I feel like it will be sent then 😂. Once again; best wishes all

We have the composer of a piece of music for our next coming to work with the music ensemble I’m in this evening and I feel like it will be sent then 😂. Once again; best wishes all
We shall keep you posted don't stress!!!

• Care
How hard is it for them to send us an email with the decision 😭😭😭 bffr

I just got out of rehearsal and I’m like 🧍‍♀️🧍‍♀️

Should I email again....

Maybe at 5? I’m assuming they will wait till business hours end so they can’t be annoyed

I genuinely want to know what is going on with waitlist/rejections, this is bonkers

our acceptances are coming tomorrow yall (again, probably delusion but gotta be hopeful) 😂

ugh it better be today. This is honestly past due date. They promised to let us know the decision by March 30th and that date is gone. Upon someone emailing, they told us that they will let the emails out early week. Early week meaning either Monday or Tuesday. It is Wednesday and we are not even sure if we will hear anything today. I am TRYING to be hopeful but it is just hard to keep waiting and waiting for an email. I am being very positive and hopefully we will hear something back soon. I am sure a lot of y'all agree with me. what's your thought on this?

It’s Sankey season on r/premed and seeing folks post about getting into 15 schools schools should depress me but it surprisingly gave me a bit of hope. It means that even if classes are “full,” that some spots will open once folks have to make a choice, resulting in a bit of trickle down. And given that we are already in April (seriously where has the year gone), the time between now and then isn’t that far off.

Previous threads suggest the waitlist has been like 230 (which seems like everyone they interviewed but didn’t accept outright). I hope that this additional time they are taking results in them making a smaller waitlist of folks who stand a real chance of being admitted. I’d rather an R now than a WL that’s really a delayed R because the whole class would have to turn over for me to get accepted.

It’s Sankey season on r/premed and seeing folks post about getting into 15 schools schools should depress me but it surprisingly gave me a bit of hope. It means that even if classes are “full,” that some spots will open once folks have to make a choice, resulting in a bit of trickle down. And given that we are already in April (seriously where has the year gone), the time between now and then isn’t that far off.

Previous threads suggest the waitlist has been like 230 (which seems like everyone they interviewed but didn’t accept outright). I hope that this additional time they are taking results in them making a smaller waitlist of folks who stand a real chance of being admitted. I’d rather an R now than a WL that’s really a delayed R because the whole class would have to turn over for me to get accepted.
Yeah I'm wondering if they slimmed down waitlist this year and really combed through it.

Just casually sitting here refreshing my email lol

So at what point do we all collectively decide we have been ghosted? Lol

• Haha
I have no idea. At this point, it is like having false hope because they are not even answering calls anymore.