2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is no way we’ve all been ghosted😭

Members don't see this ad.

Would we hear back at like 4-5 pm??? I'm confused

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t understand the rationale behind delaying the decisions. The portal said March 30th. What are they waiting for???

I don’t understand the rationale behind delaying the decisions. The portal said March 30th. What are they waiting for???
They have so many acceptances to send out this week they’re overwhelmed 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I wanna think that but again it is probably going to be like last time where they waitlisted 230 people.
That’s what I’m thinking. But also around this time last year people were getting accepted off of the waitlist pretty quick. +\- 1 wk

Reactions: 1 user
exactly but at least we get some kind of update so we know what is going on. we don't even have nothing. hopefully in the next few hours, some of us get some kind of update or email or call. I am praying for all of us.

• Care
It's almost comical at this point, I love how everyone is online rn lmao. Best wishes to everyone, may our suffering end!! At least we have all this documented for next year's cycle, whenever we hear something I'm going to make sure to write down what time for people curious in the future.

Reactions: 3 users
Ah, finally some news. Just got the WL email

Waitlisted! 3:30pm! Interviewed on 11/16

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
ahh congrats! No news :( guess it's an R

• Care
didn't get the email rippppppppppp BUT CONGRATS EVERYONE!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have an idea of how many people were accepted off the waitlist last year?

Hello,

WL as well at 3:31! I appreciate everyone’s transparency.

Literally got rejected 💀 i tried to stay positive lmfaooo

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected 4 pm
Thank you so much for all of your help! With what nontradanon said, you have gone so above and beyond on this thread this cycle and are so awesome! Best of luck with your next steps, and you are going to be amazing!! ❤️❤️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected 4 pm
Listen you've been so much help in this thread throughout this whole cycle and I think mostly everyone in here can agree with me on that. You're going to make a fantastic doctor one day, I can sure say that! Thank you so much!

Reactions: 4 users
shoutout to everyone who has been supportive and strong on this thread. it has definitely been a journey. does anyone know if anyone was accepted today?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you guys for your sweet words, I'm cheering and praying for every single one of you. Please pray for me too!!! Hopefully our paths will cross one day!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
+1 WL at 3:28 pm today. Fingers crossed for everyone

I love the energy of the Mercer thread, best wishes to everyone in their endeavors in the upcoming cycle and beyond! Keep being so amazing and supportive, it really makes you feel not as lonely during the application cycle!

yes they do. it says it on the email: “If you have any questions or would like feedback on your application, please contact the Admissions Office by e-mail at [email protected].”
Literally skipped over that part cause after I saw the second paragraph I turned my phone off💀

Need more advice: applied ED this cycle (1st cycle), so I’m wondering if I should re-apply ED again or just do RD :/

if you are dedicated and committed to musm then u should do ed.
but again this is my third year applying ED to Mercer cuz I am 100% dedicated that this is where I want to go and yet I got waitlisted.
So if u willing to wait and have the commitment for Mercer then go ED for sure.
first year i applied - rejected
second year i applied- ed, defer to regular pool, interviewed 01/10and waitlisted
third year I applied- ed, defer to the regular pool, interviewed 10/19, and waitlisted as of now

Just being hopeful at this point to get in this year.

• Care
if you are dedicated and committed to musm then u should do ed.
but again this is my third year applying ED to Mercer cuz I am 100% dedicated that this is where I want to go and yet I got waitlisted.
So if u willing to wait and have the commitment for Mercer then go ED for sure.
first year i applied - rejected
second year i applied- ed, defer to regular pool, interviewed 01/10and waitlisted
third year I applied- ed, defer to the regular pool, interviewed 10/19, and waitlisted as of now

Just being hopeful at this point to get in this year.
I hope you get in fr. This is dedication! Is it bad to re-use some secondary prompt responses?

Has someone looked over your writing?
I had like 2 people look over it but that’s about it. I think I may re-word some stuff to make it sound better but the bulk of what I have still holds true. I’ll have some more things to talk with my new clinical experience and hopefully better MCAT🤞🏽

For those on waitlist: does anyone know when things potentially start moving?

For those on waitlist: does anyone know when things potentially start moving?
Last year there was some movement beginning mid-April when folks had to narrow their choice down to 3 schools but who knows this year…I’ve heard some schools are extending deadlines due to the late FAFSA cycle due to the fed.

Last year there was some movement beginning mid-April when folks had to narrow their choice down to 3 schools but who knows this year…I’ve heard some schools are extending deadlines due to the late FAFSA cycle due to the fed.
FAFSA this year has been rough, I also think things will be pushed back