2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted off the WL today! Thanks everybody for your kindness and transparency this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everybody! When I was on the phone, I was pretty surprised they got back to me so soon, so I asked about the WL movement.

If it helps, they said they're trying to accept people from the WL as soon as a spot opens up. So I expect there will be some more A's here and there as people withdraw, and probably a lot of movement in May after the AMCAS deadline to hold only one acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everybody! When I was on the phone, I was pretty surprised they got back to me so soon, so I asked about the WL movement.

If it helps, they said they're trying to accept people from the WL as soon as a spot opens up. So I expect there will be some more A's here and there as people withdraw, and probably a lot of movement in May after the AMCAS deadline to hold only one acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back :)
Was definitely surprised to see an A this soon after the WL were released. But it’s very cool that you can back to share additional information even after you got your A.

Congratulations again, have an awesome weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
i wonder if they are following a schedule like calling on thursdays or like every third week or if it’s really just whenever

I was accepted off the WL today! Thanks everybody for your kindness and transparency this cycle.
woohoo congrats. First A of the waitlist gang haha. lets hope more A are coming these upcoming weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone got any update? its been pretty quiet here lately haha
No updates. Just working on my plan B.

I’m also trying to determine how long I’ll hang out on their WL… Seeing folks end up on their WL more than once doesn’t give me hope of getting off the WL. Like frfr you @thealphaking123 have a great profile and seem like such a strong candidate for the program. To see you end up on the WL for a third time…IDK. While I’d like to say I’m gonna do plan B but give it all up at a moments notice if Mercer were to call me, I can’t say that is the case the longer this drags on. While I have heard the wild last minute WL stories of folks committing to one program on the other side of the country and then packing it all up to move back after they get off the WL at the very last minute…IDK that I have that in me. At the end of May, if I haven’t received and acceptance from Mercer but have an offer elsewhere, I am likely going to pull myself off the WL and move-on. It would be one thing if they told you were you are on the WL but their WL is basically the size of their incoming class and you have no idea where you are on it.

I definitely agree that wait is incredibly long and some other schools provide monthly updates for their waitlisted students about where they are on waitlist. I have been very committed to mercer from 3 years and yes I did get on waitlist last year and stayed on waitlist the whole time. I did feel upset then and now it is the same. I am on waitlist and all I can do is hope and pray I get that call soon. Even I am unsure on how long will have to wait before I get that call if I get the call from mercer. All I can tell is don't lose hope and don't give up. Have faith in god, he will pay off the hard work we all put in. Trust the process haha.

I agree with you completely @2024NonTradAnon that their class size is 170 and there is 160 students on waitlist like isn't that a lot. There is a lot of uncertainty on where we stand on the waitlist, but again all we can do is wait on them.

I agree with you completely @2024NonTradAnon that their class size is 170 and there is 160 students on waitlist like isn't that a lot. There is a lot of uncertainty on where we stand on the waitlist, but again all we can do is wait on them.
It’s definitely a lot. Especially considering they only pull ~25 folks from it each year. I’m glad they decided not to WL everyone they interviewed which is what it seems like they have done in years past when they had a WL of ~230. Not giving folks any idea of where they are on that list even a percentile like 25th, 50th, etc. is rough. From past threads, it seems like they used to give you some indication of where you were on the WL years ago and then stopped. I don’t know if that is because once folks knew where they were on the WL they withdrew or what but I just don’t see myself allowing them to have that much control or my next steps after May, considering how little information they provide and how in favor of medical schools this process is titled in the first place.

Accepted off the WL yesterday! Thanks to everyone who has posted throughout the cycle; it has made it a lot less lonely ❤️

Reactions: 8 users
that’s so amazing!! Congratulations! Did you send a letter of intent after being put on the WL?

Accepted last night! 503 MCAT, 3.4 UG GPA, 4.0 G GPA.

I confirmed only Columbus has 4 year spots remaining as of right now although there are still spots to do the first 2 years at some of the other campuses and 2 years of clinical elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
for those who got a call off the waitlist, how long after the call did they send an email? (asking bc curious i did not get a call yet but hopeful)

for those who got a call off the waitlist, how long after the call did they send an email? (asking bc curious i did not get a call yet but hopeful)
I got the call on a Thursday, but no email until Tuesday the next week

I got the call in the afternoon and the email about half an hour after.

lets hope some More news to come. Hopefully end of the week, we all might get some more A

Hi everyone, I just made this SDN account and found this forum for MUSM. Like many of yall I'm on the WL praying I get in. I applied ED and was deferred back in September. Praying for yall.

Congrats!!! What were your stats if you don't mind? And did you submit a letter of intent?
3.76 GPA, 3.6 Sci GPA, Sub 500 MCAT, 6 years of medical experience. Interview was the best I’ve had this cycle, and yes I sent in a letter of intent prior to WL. Honestly I started to lose hope and today wasn’t expected. Tears were shed 😂 keep the hope alive bc there is hope <3

Reactions: 6 users
3.76 GPA, 3.6 Sci GPA, Sub 500 MCAT, 6 years of medical experience. Interview was the best I’ve had this cycle, and yes I sent in a letter of intent prior to WL. Honestly I started to lose hope and today wasn’t expected. Tears were shed 😂 keep the hope alive bc there is hope <3
Excellent!! Big congrats 😊👏🏿👏🏿

Hey yall. Recently denied after applying and interviewing ED. If I decide to do RD this upcoming cycle, do we think it would hurt my chances? Just scared to apply ED again and be stuck in the same situation haha

Hey yall. Recently denied after applying and interviewing ED. If I decide to do RD this upcoming cycle, do we think it would hurt my chances? Just scared to apply ED again and be stuck in the same situation haha
What were your stats?? Sorry you were denied. Pm privately if you want to chat about it there

3.6 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, sub 500 mcat haha. Gonna retake but wondering if its better to apply broadly
Did you send a letter of intent like the others? Your mcat might have been too low. Definitely plan on retaking to atleast break 500, and reapply IF Mercer is truly the only school you want. If not, I'll suggest applying broadly after a better MCAT score

as I said prior, if you 100% set on mercer like me, then apply ED to mercer again next year.