2023-2024 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm can anyone offer any more details on what the email said about the status of II? I'm still waiting on an update...

The Admissions Committee of Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine has completed its careful and thorough review of your application. We are sending this notice to inform you that our interviews have completed for this cycle, and we will not be able to offer you an interview for the class of 2028.

We want to express our gratitude for your patience during this application season. We received around 12,000 applications from exceptional candidates, which made choosing candidates to interview for the entering class a significant challenge. Please note that our committee's decision should not be seen as a reflection of your potential. We understand that this news may be disappointing and we regret not being able to interview all applicants to help them achieve their aspirations of obtaining a medical education at Stritch.

If you intend to reapply in a future applicant cycle, you may find it helpful to explore resources that offer additional educational, service, or other health-care related experiences. We have included information about some of the academic opportunities available through Loyola University Chicago that may assist you in this process
Hmmm can anyone offer any more details on what the email said about the status of II? I'm still waiting on an update...

Reactions: 1 users
The Admissions Committee of Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine has completed its careful and thorough review of your application. We are sending this notice to inform you that our interviews have completed for this cycle, and we will not be able to offer you an interview for the class of 2028.

We want to express our gratitude for your patience during this application season. We received around 12,000 applications from exceptional candidates, which made choosing candidates to interview for the entering class a significant challenge. Please note that our committee's decision should not be seen as a reflection of your potential. We understand that this news may be disappointing and we regret not being able to interview all applicants to help them achieve their aspirations of obtaining a medical education at Stritch.

If you intend to reapply in a future applicant cycle, you may find it helpful to explore resources that offer additional educational, service, or other health-care related experiences. We have included information about some of the academic opportunities available through Loyola University Chicago that may assist you in this process
Ooof, I'm not even worthy of a rejection email smh

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was complete late September and I keep checking my email to see if there is a pre-II R...

Pre-II R. Kinda stinks because I go to a Jesuit undergrad. But at least the app was free lol ✌🏼 Complete late August

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything about MD/PhD decisions? I thought they mentioned decisions would be sent out by the end of February, but not sure if I’m remembering correctly

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about MD/PhD decisions?
I think they already extended first offers, and waitlist movement won't start until closer to the CTE deadline. I had to email them to ask about if I was even on the WL though.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone interviewed in January and still not heard back (no acceptance/no continued consideration email)?

Does anyone have details about next weeks second look day? Just got off the WL and haven’t gotten the email about times yet, but need to figure out scheduling asap! Thanks in advance!! 🙏🏻

Does anyone have details about next weeks second look day? Just got off the WL and haven’t gotten the email about times yet, but need to figure out scheduling asap! Thanks in advance!! 🙏🏻
April 10 and 11th are virtual events/talks. April 12th is the full in person second look day. Dm me with any questions!

Received a "Continued Consideration" in the portal, but not through email. Interviewed 2/22. What does this mean? When is typical for considered continuation to hear from the school on either waitlist or acceptance?

just withdrew my seat. hope it goes to someone still waiting for that one A :)

Merit scholarship received this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users