2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they send rejections in the mail or just by email? I confirmed with the Elmira campus that they are sending me a physical letter with their decision.

N=1 but I know when I got waitlisted previously they notified me by mail. I don’t think they call people with decisions either. I think potentially all of the decisions are sent by mail or portal change

Members don't see this ad.

I recently got an email for the Early Decision Program. I'm inclined to deny the early decision and just wait for the regular decision post-interview, but I'm unsure if this worsens my chances for getting the A. Does anyone know if declining an Early Decision worsens the chances of admission post-interview? Thanks in advance.

I have my information session on 8/3 and haven't received a zoom link yet! Anyone else in the same boat? I emailed them just in case.

Per past forums of lecom it should be sent tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
I just randomly checked my portal and see I was selected for an interview, but have not yet received an email with further information. Am I missing anything important if I schedule my interview now through the portal? I'm assuming all interviews are virtual this year?
stats 3.4 and 501, OOS

camera or no? did you have to participate/ask q's or did they just talk the whole time?

Yes camera, you don’t have to participate but you can, they mainly talked the whole time and answered questions

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the R this morning. Submitted my secondary on 7/1. AIS of 118. It’s still early in the cycle so I have hope! Best of luck to you all.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have my information session on 8/3 and haven't received a zoom link yet! Anyone else in the same boat? I emailed them just in case.
So is the information session the same as the interview? I am confused, I scheduled for an information session and the email stated that I will be recording an interview.... so do we actually talk to anyone?

So is the information session the same as the interview? I am confused, I scheduled for an information session and the email stated that I will be recording an interview.... so do we actually talk to anyone?

Two separate parts. Read more on lecom site, other threads. One is prerecorded answering questions and the other is the live information session where you are talked at for a few hrs

Two separate parts. Read more on lecom site, other threads. One is prerecorded answering questions and the other is the live information session where you are talked at for a few hrs
Does anyone know what the post acceptance rate is like? And is it different for each of the campuses?

Does anybody have check marks next to their secondary materials?

Pre-II rejection. Cried literally all night lol I know it's early in the cycle but this process is stressing me all the way out

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II rejection. Cried literally all night lol I know it's early in the cycle but this process is stressing me all the way out
I totally understand. I got my pre-II rejection weeks ago and it still stings. Ditto with the few others I got, which even included two pre-secondary rejections.

It’s a rotten, stressful process, but I hope we both get schools in the end.

Did anyone get a status on Erie saying: "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

Is this an automatic R? I'm honestly so sad

• Care
Did anyone get a status on Erie saying: "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days."

That led to my R. My sympathies.

It’s not technically automatic R, but it almost always ends up being if before an interview. Sorry.

@doglover123321 Try not to stress too much! It doesn’t always mean an R. I had the same status for roughly 2-3 weeks before receiving my II!

Reactions: 1 users

mine has been chilling like that for a few weeks and still haven't gotten any other correspondence. Complete 7/11. sounds like general consensus is an impending R but will update you when that changes - they have 7 days left in their 30 day notification period :cool:

I just wanted to check and make sure before I submit the post interview pathway preference that the early decision doesn't bind you to the school, you just have to pay the fee? But you can pull out if you get in somewhere else?

Got 2 (?) emails that my file was complete 7/11 and 7/26, so not sure which is my technical completion date

Did anyone not get the zoom link for today's session? i got the zoom link but they won't accept me into the meeting

Did anyone not get the zoom link for today's session? i got the zoom link but they won't accept me into the meeting
Theres no session today, the info sessions happen on Tuesdays and Thursdays I believe

Hey everyone, if I choose not to participate in the Lecom Early Decision Program, will my application be looked at less favorably than if I choose to be a part of it? I really didn't want to have to pay this much upfront so soon while also being nonrefundable.

Hey everyone, if I choose not to participate in the Lecom Early Decision Program, will my application be looked at less favorably than if I choose to be a part of it? I really didn't want to have to pay this much upfront so soon while also being nonrefundable.

+1
Also does anyone know if there is a deadline for responding I revived the email a while ago and still haven’t decided yet.

Did you ever get the decision?

Not yet. It’s almost been the 30 days since they updated my portal so I plan on reaching out next week if I still haven’t received a letter. No emails or portal changes either

I picked august 18 due to some pre existing plans but the earliest was august 4
I will also be at this session. I absolutely feel like I bombed my interview today (not completely, but struggled). anyone else hate the virtual setting and feel like they were a bit shakey?

My portal changed to the infamous "You will receive the decision within 30 days." Ngl, I am hurting. I knew I picked the right profile pic😭

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
My portal changed to the infamous "You will receive the decision within 30 days." Ngl, I am hurting. I knew I picked the right profile pic😭
There’s still hope! That’s what mine said for roughly 3 weeks before I got my II! Wishing you the best!

• Care
II this AM between 9:21 (last time I checked portal) and 9:47, but I don’t see the admit video information. Does that usually come at the same time, or how long is the wait for the admit video email?

II this AM between 9:21 (last time I checked portal) and 9:47, but I don’t see the admit video information. Does that usually come at the same time, or how long is the wait for the admit video email?

Stats/secondary date previously in thread, IS

What exactly happens during these informational sessions? Are we just watching presentations or are we actively interacting with others/administrators?