2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could anyone who was accepted let me know if they received the acceptance via phone or email? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you both but I just wanted to ask, were these just straight A’s after interview or did you get off the WL??

Elmira has put SO much emphasis on the fact they try to ONLY send A’s out via mail… I think I’d have a heart attack if I got a call or email out of the blue with an A

Thank you :) I was on the WL for maybe less than a week before I got the A. The A came as an email first and then I got a letter in the mail a couple of days later.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you :) I was on the WL for maybe less than a week before I got the A. The A came as an email first and then I got a letter in the mail a couple of days later.
Omg that's so awesome!! Did you send them a LOI or anything? I (like another person in the threat) have been on WL since Dec with literal silence :cryi: from LECOM so I'm glad you heard back so quickly from them!

Omg that's so awesome!! Did you send them a LOI or anything? I (like another person in the threat) have been on WL since Dec with literal silence :cryi: from LECOM so I'm glad you heard back so quickly from them!
I interviewed in the beginning of the cycle, was waitlisted around the holidays and then about a month ago, got a call letting me know I was accepted off the waitlist. A few days later, got an official letter in the mail. I did do the on campus tour/info session days and stayed in contact with the admissions committee, sending them a LOI.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone called and asked about their timeline? Are they gonna let anyone off the waitlist any time soon? I was looking at last year’s thread and a lot of people got off in mid April. I wonder if they ran out of spots. It seems like there’s no hope 😕

Has anyone called and asked about their timeline? Are they gonna let anyone off the waitlist any time soon? I was looking at last year’s thread and a lot of people got off in mid April. I wonder if they ran out of spots. It seems like there’s no hope 😕

There’s still a lot of people who haven’t even received any decision yet including me (interviewed over a month ago). Idk what they are doing right now, or if they are way behind. Even Erie and Seton Hall seem to have had some movement and updates recently

I think Elmira matched for the first time this year. 2024 was the first graduating class

You’re correct they did! But my point is that I’m not sure you’ll be able to find published results specifically for Elmira since LECOM groups all of the northern campuses together.

I think Elmira matched for the first time this year. 2024 was the first graduating class
I asked admin to help me narrow down my acceptances and they said they don't have it ready yet :(

Yeah, I would like to know that as well because I have to choose between 2 schools. I am wondering if they started new affiliations with more NYC hospitals since the Elmira campus is the only LECOM in NY.