2023-2024 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^following

Does anyone know if there are forms to return to hold your spot on the waitlist/alternate list? Or do only accepted students receive forms they have to return to hold their seat?
There is actually a letter they send you to confirm you want to continue on the wait list. It’s in the envelope with the letter saying you’ve been waitlisted and you gave a month to decide or with draw application altogether

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted by email, info session 10/27 does anyone know if the waitlist is binding?

Waitlisted by email, info session 10/27 does anyone know if the waitlist is binding?
If you agree to be on the WL, you still have the choice to say yes or no if they later offer you admission.
If you turn down the waitlist, you’ll take yourself out of consideration.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
info session was mid August. portal still says “thank you for interviewing”. this wait is driving me nuts

Reactions: 2 users
9/13 info session. Selected ED. Still have the “thanks for interviewing” message.

Maybe i was being a silly goose and was supposed to read 9/30 as 11/30 so my results would come in after thanksgiving!!

Or I genuinely believe my application got lost at this point.

Just withdrew my application. Best of luck to everyone. Rooting for you all! :luck:

Reactions: 3 users
I just emailed admissions; did interview 9/19 and received "I do apologize, the application process is very extensive and takes a great while to get a definitive answer. Your application is currently in the final review stage of the process. We cannot estimate when the decision will be made, however, once the review committee decides you will receive an email as well as postage mail. We hope to get decisions out within the next month. If you do have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out!"
So we will see!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just emailed admissions; did interview 9/19 and received "I do apologize, the application process is very extensive and takes a great while to get a definitive answer. Your application is currently in the final review stage of the process. We cannot estimate when the decision will be made, however, once the review committee decides you will receive an email as well as postage mail. We hope to get decisions out within the next month. If you do have any further questions, do not hesitate to reach out!"
So we will see!
Okay? Next month… I can hold onto that lol I interviewed early September

I just finished my Interview and have my informational session this Thursday. Has anyone even been accepted yet lol and how long will it take to hear back?

Also, any tips for the informational session?

I just finished my Interview and have my informational session this Thursday. Has anyone even been accepted yet lol and how long will it take to hear back?

Also, any tips for the informational session?

If you scroll through this thread you’ll see that quite a few people have already been accepted since LECOM has rolling admissions. No timeline for hearing back- days to months. Dress professionally and don’t be late for info session- ask questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know if Lecom accepts updates/letters of intent?

My portal now reads “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days”. Does anyone know if there’s a point in checking the portal and/or my email for my decision before I get the letter? Or do I just have to wait for the letter to arrive?

My portal now reads “The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days”. Does anyone know if there’s a point in checking the portal and/or my email for my decision before I get the letter? Or do I just have to wait for the letter to arrive?
Idk but my portal never changed with a decision even after I received a waitlist letter. It did change now though after I sent my letter in to remain on the waitlist.

Yeah I got my decision via email a few days before the snail mail arrived! Portal updated about a week after that lol.

I just had my interview session but my checklist (prereqs, letters, MCAT) is still all red (not complete). Does anyone else have his?

Got the mail today. Got placed on Alternate

My letter is coming today according to informed delivery. It has a postage of 57¢. Any insight on what it could be?

Just got my letter and I’m an alternate. What does this mean exactly? Is it the same thing as waitlist?

Just got my letter and I’m an alternate. What does this mean exactly? Is it the same thing as waitlist?
I read somewhere that waitlist is a higher priority than an alt, but they didn't have a source so it could be complete bs

I read somewhere that waitlist is a higher priority than an alt, but they didn't have a source so it could be complete bs

Yeah SDN replies seem to suggest it's identical to the WL but Reddit replies seem to suggest it's the backup to the WL so honestly who knows D: (and on both sites people state that that's the answer they've been given by admissions soo )

It is bull****. The words are interchangeable. Same exact thing

felt like i butchered my interview. Got cut off by the time limit for almost every question.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
OOS applicant, just received WL email. Are there any numbers to around how many people are usually accepted off the waitlist?

Anyone know how many people are on the alternate/ waitlist or the capacity of it usually ?

This is a stupid question but how do you see your status in the portal?