2023-2024 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
acceptance on workday but haven’t gotten the email yet. OOS. non-trad career changer from Media industry. 2.7 uGPA (media degree) - 3.1 post bacc - 3.8 grad gpa 503 mcat. Edit: Joplin Campus. 11/22 interview

Wooohoo! Congrats!!! As I was trying this right now I got a decision and I am WL lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
11/22 WL OOS, hoping to get off it in the future!

How do letter of intent work?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Looks like most of us 11/22 interviewees got the WL. Hope they start pulling from the list soon!

OOS Acceptance to the Kansas City Campus just now, super excited!!!

Hi, for those who applied to KCU scholarships have you heard back yet? In the email I got, it said they will start reviewing applications Dec 1st and first round of scholarships should go out 1-2 weeks after.

KCU-KC Acceptance on 12/11/23. Interview on 11/21/23. ~ 3 weeks to receive acceptance.

Currently deciding between KCU & RVU. Tough choice, been living in Colorado for years now so pretty well established there, however, KCU has a *better* school.

Also currently attending RVU for their Master's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hi, for those who applied to KCU scholarships have you heard back yet? In the email I got, it said they will start reviewing applications Dec 1st and first round of scholarships should go out 1-2 weeks after.

Nope. Not a peep…

Does anybody know what the tuition will be for next year? Hoping it doesn't increase from 53K. Also, is anyone having issues making the acceptance deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any benefit to applying for the scholarship early on workday?
I think it’s always the earlier the better because they have more money to play with.
I can’t come up with anything authentic for that scholarship essay. I just want to tell them I would like a couple coins towards my tuition plz.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m an OMS-1 here at KCU at the KC campus. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me! I am happy and content with my decision to attend KCU!

I have my virtual interview at the end of January, any general advice for prep? I already accepted to a school that used MMI, but I think KCU does one-on-one or two-on-one interviews? Is it more traditional?

We don’t have to. I was also wondering if we can send letter of intent to more than one school.

According to Mayo, they state letter of interest as indicating they’re a top 3 school and letter of intent as top choice school. But that’s Mayo, idk how other schools do it.

Generally though, I think letter of intent is supposed to only go to one school, so use it wisely.

According to Mayo, they state letter of interest as indicating they’re a top 3 school and letter of intent as top choice school. But that’s Mayo, idk how other schools do it.

Generally though, I think letter of intent is supposed to only go to one school, so use it wisely.

Okie because I have already sent one to my state MD school and although I do not have a decision from them I wanted to send the letter before the decision. Takes 3 months or more to hear back from them.

We don’t have to. I was also wondering if we can send letter of intent to more than one school.
Letter of intent is only for your top choice school, it is considered dishonest to send one to multiple schools.

Interviewed 11/28 and accepted KC 12/22! Super excited and have big decisions to make! Best of luck everyone!

Hey all!
I'm an OMS-II at KCU on the KC campus, wishing you all the best of luck during this stressful time of the application cycle. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions as you all make your decisions!

Hi all. Question for current KCUCOM students. As a first year student, do I have to buy my own stethoscope and scrubs? Or the school will provide these on the orientation?

Hi all. Question for current KCUCOM students. As a first year student, do I have to buy my own stethoscope and scrubs? Or the school will provide these on the orientation?
you buy your own but you can buy the stethoscpe through the school.

Around how many applicants per interview session usually get an acceptance? I think someone had mentioned it earlier, but couldn't find the comment.

LM:65 I interviewed on December 8th, and didn't get any response yet. Did anyone here get a response other than that "delayed review" email?

Most faculty and admins at KCU were out of office from the 22nd to the 2nd for break, they're probably still getting caught up this week

Yesterday was 5 weeks for me (11/30). Still have haven't heard anything. I think they said we will hear by 6 weeks so crossing my fingers for us this week!

For anyone who’s done a campus tour do you know how different the accepted student + prospective student days are from the tour days reserved for only admitted students only?

For anyone who’s done a campus tour do you know how different the accepted student + prospective student days are from the tour days reserved for only admitted students only?
I would love to know this as well before planning a trip to KC!

Accepted student day has breakout sessions and more things involved like financial aid and student panel, etc. the prospective student day you meet faculty and have a tour with student ambassadors. I did the prospective student day and it was 90% accepted student doing a tour to make a decision.

Hi all! Congrats to those who have been accepted so far. I'm currently a 3rd year at KCU-Joplin on clinical rotations and am open to answering any questions you may have. Feel free to send me PMs and I'll try to get back to you when I can.

• Care
Has anyone recently moved off the waitlist?

I got put on the waitlist Dec 22 and I am not obviously expecting to be taken off anytime soon but I was just wondering what people usually do when they are on waitlist.