2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe the school does not discriminate IS or OOS, if that's what they say. It could be that PA residents are just more likely to commit to enroll than other OOS students
Yeah no explicit preference and no in-state requirement on quota by law, but the MSAR data suggests there definitely exists a decent in-state preference (as is the case for almost all private schools) likely due to yield. OOS interview rate is less than half the in-state rate

Members don't see this ad.

So if high stat applicants are getting IIs within like a day or two of submitting SK's definitely a stat heavy school i'm assuming
idk if i'd call them stat-heavy, i was complete 7/2 and am LM 82 and haven't heard anything. i feel like they're much more of a mission fit school especially because they get so many applications across a wide stat range
They are definitely a mission fit school 100%

II complete 8/9/23 LM 76.5 🥰🥰🥰
They are only scheduling for early November! So there are still many chances for everyone to get an II!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oop - complete 7/1 LM 76, IS
I think I might be done here :'(

Reactions: 1 user
For the first secondary questions, did you guys only talk about your diversity in EC princes or did you include the diversity in your identity?

II today 8/16, complete 7/7! Earliest spot was 11/8.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how SKMC feels ab updates? i know they accept them but is it too early to send one? recently published a paper and debating on sending one sooner or saving it for later in the cycle

does anyone know how SKMC feels ab updates? i know they accept them but is it too early to send one? recently published a paper and debating on sending one sooner or saving it for later in the cycle
If you recently sent you secondary I prob would wait a little bit

my application says "Application is under review" - is this a generic message or does it mean something?

I submitted my secondary application on 7/6 and have not heard anything from the school (LM 73, Canadian Applicant). Do you guys think it's too late for a II now?

II just now!! I was losing hope after being complete mid-July. I didn't even know they gave II on days other than Wed.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
is it too early to write an interest/update letter if I submitted 7/1 and haven't heard anything? I am really interested in this school but don't want to annoy adcom

Does anyone know if Jefferson accepts update letters and if so where to send them? Thanks!

Does anyone know if Jefferson accepts update letters and if so where to send them? Thanks!
Not sure if anything changed from last year but I applied last year and used the admission email just make sure to include your name and AMCAS ID in the subject. I remember seeing it on their website somewhere they accept updates via email

[email protected]

hey does anyone know the post-II acceptance rate here? last year they had 400 acceptances for 550 interviews, but I wonder how early assurance programs and things like that play into this

For those that have interviewed or current students, do they tell you the name of the interviewer before the interview?

Do you guys think they will be sending more IIs out soon? Submitted July 6th but no response yet LM 73, Canadian applicant

How long does it take to be marked complete for this school? I submitted it yesterday, and it shows my letters are received on the document status but not on the general status page, so technically, I am still marked incomplete.

How long does it take to be marked complete for this school? I submitted it yesterday, and it shows my letters are received on the document status but not on the general status page, so technically, I am still marked incomplete.
More than 1 day :oops:

mine was like instantaneous. i actually got my complete email BEFORE my secondary received email lol

mine was like instantaneous. i actually got my complete email BEFORE my secondary received email lol
Yea, it's so weird. If they got my MCAT scores and primary, I don't get why they wouldn't mark my letters complete if it shows they received them

Yea, it's so weird. If they got my MCAT scores and primary, I don't get why they wouldn't mark my letters complete if it shows they received them
I’d give it a week before you start to worry

did you get any of the confirmation emails from jefferson? (ie payment, secondary received, completed)