2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what were the secondary Qs this year?
my guy, its posted already. Look at the first page.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,
Current MS1 here for last years application, I submitted my secondary in September for Jeff and still got an II. And yes I understand that it’s very normal to freak out, just thought to remind y’all, at least for now, it’s not too late. Goodluck with the cycle!

Reactions: 8 users
II just now! I submitted and was complete yesterday afternoon. Didn’t meet the LOR requirements. LM 70, OOS. They move fast!
Edit: I'm RD

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
is anyone else having trouble submitting the secondary payment? i go through the payment screen and hit continue, and i'm just back to the page where i started where it's still marked incomplete

edit: works now lol

Last edited:
II received. OOS. LM 70.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Seems like the first few IIs are going to OOS or international applicants (congrats!!!). Wonder if they are seeking OOS/international students first.

No love for IS applicants quite yet I guess? Have any in-state applicants received II yet?

Seems like the first few IIs are going to OOS or international applicants (congrats!!!). Wonder if they are seeking OOS/international students first.

No love for IS applicants quite yet I guess? Have any in-state applicants received II yet?
It may just reflect that there are many more OOS applicants relative to IS, and international applicants could just be a coincidence. Unless someone in admissions give us insight we prob won't know

I also think as an international student myself we're more likely to be on sdn forums tbh so also response bias there

Reactions: 2 users
For people excited or stressed about “under review,” it usually doesn’t mean anything other than your app is complete and it’s in the queue or being read. I think my app ended up being “under review” for like 9 months last year

Yea exactly this. I was under review from the minute I was complete to the time they rejected me pre-II last cycle

Reactions: 1 user

there could be some merit to this since interviews are in person, giving people more time to arrange travel plans

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would I be shooting myself in the foot to not use the optional information essay as a 'why us?' I do have relevant information about something else in my application that I need to update the school about

Could someone PLEASE answer the question of II applicants being RD or ED? Multiple people have asked but no one has responded!

Hi, sorry! What does LM 70 mean?

Could someone PLEASE answer the question of II applicants being RD or ED? Multiple people have asked but no one has responded!
SKMC sent interviews starting early July, consistently in the previous years threads. So probably both RD and ED are being sent out.

Based on past years does anyone know if we can maybe expect a lot more II's to come this upcoming week?

BTW for everyone being a little neurotic about this, cool out. My buddy got an II from here last year in October, and despite having been completed in July. n=1 but that's 1 enough to show its not over just because someone completed after you and got an II.

Reactions: 7 users

I received II on 7/17, in-state student!

Do you guys think the timeline is more stats based than submission based? I’m feeling discouraged with mid mcat score. otherwise i feel like my story, grades, experiences really align with this program…

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys think the timeline is more stats based than submission based? I’m feeling discouraged with mid mcat score. otherwise i feel like my story, grades, experiences really align with this program…
They will come back to us!!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
It's still very early, if you look at past years, just because they invited others with later submission dates, that doesn't mean you won't receive an II later. They also have a decent spread in regards to MCAT score.

Hello Everyone,
Current MS1 here for last years application, I submitted my secondary in September for Jeff and still got an II. And yes I understand that it’s very normal to freak out, just thought to remind y’all, at least for now, it’s not too late. Goodluck with the cycle!
what were your stats if you dont mind me asking?

Is it worth applying if I don't have a letter from chem or phys professor? I have 2 bio, 1 psych and 2 research.

I have a 521 and no love here :(

Complete on 7/6, really love this school and thought I was a good mission fit. Feeling really discouraged but holding out hope
LM 84, also no interview submitted first day

Is it worth applying if I don't have a letter from chem or phys professor? I have 2 bio, 1 psych and 2 research.
Yes. I had 2 bio, 1 humanities, and 2 physician letters. Currently have an interview.