2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it ok if I carry a purse with me during the interview day?
In all seriousness it is definitely okay. They also have a room where you can drop off your things (bags, luggage, etc) before the day starts if you would rather not carry it around.

Reactions: 1 user
In all seriousness it is definitely okay. They also have a room where you can drop off your things (bags, luggage, etc) before the day starts if you would rather not carry it around.
Lol thank you, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be the only one

Has anyone interviewing next week gotten any information at all?

Did they forget to send me the Pre-II R??? Been silent since mid July

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how strict SKMC is for LORs? I'm applying this upcoming cycle and only have (1 science, 1 non science, 2 research, 2 clinical supervisor)

when do they stop sending ii cuz i havent heard anything since august 😭 like is this good or im just waiting for a rejection??

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
These super low yield schools (tufts, jefferson, tulane, georgetown, gwu) confuse me. What are you looking for that of 14000-15000 applicants, only 600-700 applicants have and the other 13000-14000 don't have lol

Reactions: 4 users
They were done with giving interviews at this point last year, too, I think.

Does anyone know when we may hear about scholarships? And are there any current students who can talk about clinical rotation sites? With a class that large I’m sure not everyone can be placed in Philly

Reactions: 1 users
These super low yield schools (tufts, jefferson, tulane, georgetown, gwu) confuse me. What are you looking for that of 14000-15000 applicants, only 600-700 applicants have and the other 13000-14000 don't have lol
I don’t think it’s as black and white of have vs don’t have. They can only interview so many, so they have to reject many people that are great candidates that are qualified for an interview. I think it’s a bit of a crap shoot and some luck (coupled with the right stats, connections, mission fit, personal narrative, writing, time app was complete etc) 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3 users
just got HPWL, interviewed 01/31. this sucks was a top choice :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 1/17 and haven’t heard anything yet hmmm anyone in the same boat?

They said during interview day that it could take up to 6 weeks and depends on when your interviewer can come to the meeting, so people who interview on the same day might hear back at diff times

Can one of you guys please share the link to the accepted GroupMe if there is one already? (not the Facebook group)

I called the office on Feb 1. They said they would interview until the end of March lol. The admissions team gave out different info...? :coffee::coffee: