2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
okay kind of dumb question but did you guys like shake hands with the interviewers??? Idk how life works post covid šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
wear a mask when you can, you can def eat outside (thereā€™s lots of benches near the library) and if youā€™re super worried, just done volunteer for like a week and test a few times.

this is just advice from someone who works adjacent to the jeff area so idk how the interview is

ps i am pretty sure masking is mandatory for jeff clinical staff again so i donā€™t think it will be weird if you wear a mask. you could even relate it to your volunteer work (ā€œiā€™m being extra cautious because i work with kids that are immunocompromisedā€)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! This may be a silly question, but this is my first in person interview so here it goes- I'm interviewing this week and am concerned about footwear with the weather in Philly rn. I would typically wear heels, but am cooncerned about walking outside in the snow/cold. Should I bring a different pair of shoes in a purse and change? Not sure what the etiquette is for this... Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone familiar with the ED process at Jefferson? Was thinking of applying through the ED process this upcoming cycle.

Is anyone's portal for the 1/24 interview updated? also, for girls, what is the fit that everyone is going with?

for accepted students, Do you guys get the access blocked error when you try to access the student portal and canvas etc

Members don't see this ad :)
HPWL second year in a row.... Jefferson as top choice school second year in a row and my hopes are dashed :( I moved to Philly partially for this school.

• Care
Anybody else hear nothing from Jefferson yet? Complete since late July, no hold or other communication since

Reactions: 3 users
For those that already interviewed, what advice do you have? This is my first in person interview and I donā€™t know what to expect.

For those that already interviewed, what advice do you have? This is my first in person interview and I donā€™t know what to expect
Honestly, don't be stressed. They do a great job of making you feel comfortable and lead you through the day very well. They do provide lunch at a great Italian restaurant. Be friendly and get to know the other applicants; that was probably the biggest + of an in-person interview. If you have specific questions just PM me.

Iā€™m also in Phillyā€¦ is anyone with complete silence located outside of Philly?

Reactions: 1 user
Iā€™m also in Phillyā€¦ is anyone with complete silence located outside of Philly?

Other than UPenn I think Jefferson has the lowest IS II% rate of the schools in PA according to MSAR. Itā€™s still higher than the OOS rate but is def low compared to other schools

Looked at last yearā€™s thread and if this yearā€™s cycle follows then thereā€™s another ii wave or 2 to go. For anyone else waiting thereā€™s still *some* hope for us lol

Other than UPenn I think Jefferson has the lowest IS II% rate of the schools in PA according to MSAR. Itā€™s still higher than the OOS rate but is def low compared to other schools

Thatā€™s true but I think it has to do with Jeff interviews in person.

Itā€™s possible that they think out of state students are less likely to fly out after they get any acceptances, so theyā€™re interviewing them first.

From reading the thread it seems like interview day is really relaxed here. Did any of the faculty interviewers throw any curveball questions? What is the best way to prepare? Just standard interview questions?

Last edited:
Also for those who interviewed, did you ask your student and faculty interviewers for their email to send a thank you note?

Also for those who interviewed, did you ask your student and faculty interviewers for their email to send a thank you note?
My student gave me hers without me asking. I was able to look up my faculty easily, but I think it would be okay to ask if you'd prefer to do it that way.

Jeff's curriculum is lit - one of the best I've seen. Would love the chance to interview. How far out have ppl been scheduled for interview?

Did any accepted students here send them a letter of interest (not intent) shortly after their interview? Would it increase my chances of acceptance post II?