2023-2024 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
is it true that Jeff averages multiple MCAT scores? Saw this in a thread from a few years ago

Reactions: 1 users
is it true that Jeff averages multiple MCAT scores? Saw this in a thread from a few years ago

Yes I heard abt this during an open house. They said they use it for initial scoring, so not sure if it matters once you have the II. I was told it’s not a make or break though and they still view applications holistically.

Yes I heard abt this during an open house. They said they use it for initial scoring, so not sure if it matters once you have the II. I was told it’s not a make or break though and they still view applications holistically.

Dang, I can now see why I haven’t gotten an interview.

Interviewing here in January. What was everyone's interview experience like? How do you recommend preparing?

Reactions: 1 user
Just want to confirm, but for sending update letters, do I email a PDF to admissions? I can't find anything on their website about them.

Or maybe it's just too late for me period, lolol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Jefferson’s merger with LVHN now mean that students are gonna be sent to Allentown and beyond for clinical rotations?

Does Jefferson’s merger with LVHN now mean that students are gonna be sent to Allentown and beyond for clinical rotations?
It's hard to tell at this point. All they've signed is a non-binding letter of intent. A bunch of negotiations and regulatory approvals need to happen first, and I wouldn't be surprised if the medical education pieces still need to be hashed out.

Based on the wording in the press releases so far, it sounds like rotations at LHVN will be available to, but not required for, SKMC medical students.

Do we find out the names of our interviewers beforehand?
To an extent you do. You'll find out the faculty interviewer name before lunch and might interview right after lunch or right after the person that interviews after lunch.

You won't know the student name ahead of time but that's blinded and conversational anyway.

Does anyone know if there's a Class of 2028 Facebook group yet?

• Hmm
When were y’all complete?

Does anyone know if this school accepts Pre II application updates?

yes they do! they seem to value them more so than other places
Have you gotten any email confirmation from them that they received your update letter(s)? I sent one months ago and another one recently, and I haven't received any email. :unsure:

Have you gotten any email confirmation from them that they received your update letter(s)? I sent one months ago and another one recently, and I haven't received any email. :unsure:
I got an automated reply within a few min but nothing directly from admissions

I thought that you have to go into the portal & check under communications or smth to see if they received it.

I thought that you have to go into the portal & check under communications or smth to see if they received it.
Ok I just checked. I received confirmation of my second update letter but not my first. So at least I know that info is there, thank you!

Mid August complete — holding out hope I survive this wave lol

The order in which this school reviews confuses me lol, doesn't seem to be chronological

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there's a Class of 2028 Facebook group yet?
The "info for admitted applicants" page has the 2027 facebook group still up, seems like it hasn't been updated since last cycle. Also wondering when the 2028 group page will open...

Does anyone know when we should expect waitlist movement? May?

Interview invite earlier this week! for those who interviewed, what did you wear (girls)? What was the day like?