2023-2024 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a confirmation email even though I was verified June 21 (OOS)
Damn, respect for applying to 65 schools

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified on 7/7/23 and still have not gotten the verification email. Is anyone else in the same boat?

I was verified on 7/7/23 and still have not gotten the verification email. Is anyone else in the same boat?
Yes, starting to feel a little disheartened. On the bright side we didn’t need to pay for a secondary!

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have a scheduled interview, have you received any communication about other sessions for the day? I am curious about the timing of the general information session and financial aid session to know whether or not I need to take the whole day off work.

IS II received,
Does anyone know if the letters outlined in the supplemental information are mandatory? I have everything but a non-science LOR, but I have two science LORs that could make up for it (?)

IS II received,
Does anyone know if the letters outlined in the supplemental information are mandatory? I have everything but a non-science LOR, but I have two science LORs that could make up for it (?)
Damn got it on the weekend? They must really like you bro 🤩

For those who have a scheduled interview, have you received any communication about other sessions for the day? I am curious about the timing of the general information session and financial aid session to know whether or not I need to take the whole day off work.
I have not either, I completely forgot those happen on the same day too

Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received,

Hi, applied last year and lurk on this thread sometimes. Last year, they had me release an extra letter because they felt that the ones I originally submitted didn’t meet the requirements.

So I can’t say for sure how they’ll do it this year/what everyone’s experience is. But for me, yes, they followed the letters outlined in the supplemental info.

Also feel free to PM any application questions. Can’t promise I’ll have the answers but happy to help (if I can)

Hi, applied last year and lurk on this thread sometimes. Last year, they had me release an extra letter because they felt that the ones I originally submitted didn’t meet the requirements.

So I can’t say for sure how they’ll do it this year/what everyone’s experience is. But for me, yes, they followed the letters outlined in the supplemental info.

Also feel free to PM any application questions. Can’t promise I’ll have the answers but happy to help (if I can)
Sucks but thankfully I found a professor that was willing to write one quickly, so I should be fine. Such a weird thing to make a hard requirement.

Received a UMP email

Just got the “app received” email! How long after did y’all hear about II or R?

Last edited:
Did people receive interviews before their Dean's letter was marked complete or do they wait to send the interview invite after it is marked complete? I am applying to the rural program

I ddi not realize Indiana needs Dean of Students evaluation form. Is this really required? there might be some colleges that do not provide it.

Last edited:
I recently decided to add Indiana to my school list. I just now realized there's no secondary (I thought they had a secondary application just no essays, but turns out there's no secondary at all?). After submitting my primary to Indiana through AMCAS, I did not receive email confirmation that they received it. Do most people receive email confirmation (or something of that sort)?

I recently decided to add Indiana to my school list. I just now realized there's no secondary (I thought they had a secondary application just no essays, but turns out there's no secondary at all?). After submitting my primary to Indiana through AMCAS, I did not receive email confirmation that they received it. Do most people receive email confirmation (or something of that sort)?
They may send you an email confirming receipt of your application, but it's not instant.
IF selected to move forward in the application process they will contact you again (see first post of this thread.)

I ddi not realize Indiana needs Dean of Students evaluation form. Is this really required? there might be some colleges that do not provide it.
They do require it. When I was applying last year, I remember they accepted the evaluation form filled out from anyone in your school that handles disclosure of IA's. It would be better if you contact the admissions office, they are very helpful

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
They do require it. When I was applying last year, I remember they accepted the evaluation form filled out from anyone in your school that handles disclosure of IA's. It would be better if you contact the admissions office, they are very helpful
Was the evaluation form attached to the email or in the portal, or is this something our school has to draft themselves? Also there's like a legal disclosure form it says I have to upload, but I can't find any info about it.

This was also in the email: "Please do not pay or submit the Graduate Application and Fee until you receive instructions from the Office of Admissions. Completing and submitting the materials without proper instructions may lead to delays in processing."

It sounds like I should wait till i receive an email possibly containing those forms, but it also says i only have 30 days to fill it out, so I'm a bit confused.

For anyone who received the verification of their application and qualified for FAP, were you required to pay the fee? Or was it waived?

Last edited:
For anyone who received the verification of their application and qualified for FAP, were you required to pay the fee? Or was it waived?
FAP recipient, I was unfortunately required to pay. They state quite plainly in the supplemental information they send out with II's that there are no waivers for it.

FAP recipient, I was unfortunately required to pay. They state quite plainly in the supplemental information they send out with II's that there are no waivers for it.
Wow, that's pretty bogus. Looks like I'll be withdrawing immediately upon receiving the verification email - thanks for the reply!!

• Wow
Was the evaluation form attached to the email or in the portal, or is this something our school has to draft themselves? Also there's like a legal disclosure form it says I have to upload, but I can't find any info about it.

This was also in the email: "Please do not pay or submit the Graduate Application and Fee until you receive instructions from the Office of Admissions. Completing and submitting the materials without proper instructions may lead to delays in processing."

It sounds like I should wait till i receive an email possibly containing those forms, but it also says i only have 30 days to fill it out, so I'm a bit confused.

Those documents are all in the interview invite email. It's on the bottom of the email under the heading "Enclosures".

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 2.20.53 PM.png

for anyone that received a II, did the graduate fee paid checkmark appear on the applicant portal only after 7 days or did it appear sooner for anyone?

Anyone else receive II around 7/21 and still have not received a specific interview date yet?

They finally received my application I added them 6/30

Where do we exactly schedule our interview? I got an invite, but don't see anything on the platform to schedule a date for it.

Is that once we complete the 5 necessary things for the interview? Also, what if we cant make that date, are there makeup?

iirc, only 2 of the things needs to be done within a week from you receiving them. The other stuff can be done within a month after interview. Just make sure of it on the email you just received rn.

They will email you the date independent of the forms I believe. This year, I got the date about 2-3 weeks after the initial II email. Last year, I got the date about a month or a little over a month after the initial II email.

I was verified 7/14 and still haven't gotten a complete email. Any thoughts?