2023-2024 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any deferred students hear back yet? Deferred in early december after a Sept interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?
Bruh... that is seriously criminal! I interviewed early Feb and was hoping for this month but maybe not

Reactions: 2 users
Have the peeps from Jan been hearing back this week? I interviewed late Jan and feel like decisions should come soon, but the wait is starting to take a toll 😬.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if drexel is reviewing at a rate on par with last year? last year, people who interviewed 02/09 received A's by 04/17

anyone know if drexel is reviewing at a rate on par with last year? last year, people who interviewed 02/09 received A's by 04/17
I realllllyyyyy hope so, 2/8 interviewer checking in 😭 I've heard nothing from my 4 interviews and I'm melting soooo fast over here 🫠 we're in this together!

Have the peeps from Jan been hearing back this week? I interviewed late Jan and feel like decisions should come soon, but the wait is starting to take a toll 😬.
right there with you. 10+ week turnaround time this close to reapplication is insanely stressful and admin said they were meeting more frequently now yet decisions seem to be rolling out even slower.

Reactions: 4 users
right there with you. 10+ week turnaround time this close to reapplication is insanely stressful and admin said they were meeting more frequently now yet decisions seem to be rolling out even slower.
Yes! thank you! My MCAT expires this coming cycle, and simultaneously studying for the MCAT while keeping my fingers crossed is so hard (literally and figuratively!)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if we’ll see a big batch of decisions this week. Hopefully tomorrow or Friday?

Reactions: 4 users
If I've learned anything from this cycle it's that rolling admissions is such bs lol

Reactions: 11 users
If I've learned anything from this cycle it's that rolling admissions is such bs lol
Yeah Drexel has literally been sending me ads for their PhD programs on my work email while keeping me totally in the dark about the MD program (which I actually applied to) for eight months and counting. You'd think they could have sent a "hey we're working on it" email or something by now or, y'know, just send out the rejection letters seeing as they're done interviewing for the year.

Just got a pre-II hold but previous posts say they’re finished interviewing?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
me waiting for the rest of January decisions to come back:
1712177684520.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd lean toward the super unorganized answer. They're super slow at reviewing applications.

Fr it’s absolutely diabolical to say ‘rolling admissions’ and then have people wait around 4 whole months for a decision 🙄

• Okay...
Reactions: 7 users
There’s only 75/300 in the group me now so I would hold out hope guys lol

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
That gives me hope that later interviews aren’t just for WL🥲

Reactions: 2 users
I called today and they said they are absolutely done with interviews…for those getting holds still wtf😭

• Angry
Interview date was 11/28 and I got the email just after 4 pm.
Oh that’s criminal guess I’m not getting a decision from my January interview until like June… Drexel was pretty high up on my list but their handling of the app process (at least since the start of the new year) has left a super bad taste in my mouth, I’m considering withdrawing for my own sanity. I’m fortunate to be in a place where I can do that tho I can only imagine how those that can’t are feeling.

Just a FYI, a lot of people left the GroupMe because of a spammer 1-2 weeks ago. :( So the 75 number is a bit misleading!
How many people left due to this or were in the GroupMe group?

I called today and they said they are absolutely done with interviews…for those getting holds still wtf😭
Can we just ask them why lol

They completely ghosted me since I was complete in July. No hold, no rejection, no interview, just nothing…

• Angry
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
They completely ghosted me since I was complete in July. No hold, no rejection, no interview, just nothing…
Yeah... I know it takes a while to get through so many applications, but they've had eight months, which is bad even by the already-low standards of this process, and I'm losing my patience. I'm at the point where I'm probably just going to withdraw my application - the rejection letter is clearly coming anyway, so I see no reason to wait around for a spiel I've already read thirty-nine times over the past year and a half.

• Care
Is defer the same as waitlist bc how tf are you going to “defer” this late in the cycle?

That seems kinda pointless though like if they haven’t reviewed your application why would the send any kind of decision? It makes sense as a “we’ll get to it later” type of thing early in the cycle but that list point just waitlist bro lol

Is defer the same as waitlist bc how tf are you going to “defer” this late in the cycle?
Defer after your interview usually means they didn’t discuss you yet in a meeting
for drexel it is similar to a waitlist, but the slight nuance is that you could be given an A at any time during the cycle (as opposed to schools that wait until may to review their WL applicants). for what it’s worth, i was deferred in december and have not heard anything since.

also, because i don’t think the email makes it very clear, be sure to accept (or decline) your deferral spot in your portal

for drexel it is similar to a waitlist, but the slight nuance is that you could be given an A at any time during the cycle (as opposed to schools that wait until may to review their WL applicants). for what it’s worth, i was deferred in december and have not heard anything since.

also, because i don’t think the email makes it very clear, be sure to accept (or decline) your deferral spot in your portal
@garnmonster makes a good point-
When you get an email from a school about your status (WL, hold, deferred, whatever) be sure to read every line and see if there is a call for action- like confirm that you would like to be on the WL, acknowledge on the portal, and such

That seems kinda pointless though like if they haven’t reviewed your application why would the send any kind of decision? It makes sense as a “we’ll get to it later” type of thing early in the cycle but that list point just waitlist bro lol

I interviewed in early October, was deferred in Nov, and accepted in Feb.

When you get the deferral email, it means that they looked over your app and decided not to accept you just yet but also not to reject you. It means they will re-evaluate you by another meeting. They require that you either accept or decline the deferral in the AMP portal. Being that they’re pinching for spots, they want to know if you’re interested in even being evaluated again or if you got into another school and are fine with them tossing your app so they could give the spot to someone else. Most students accept the deferral which is totally fine. Some students may have gotten into a much better or closer school and decided theres no way I’d go here so let me pull out of the race and make the admissions process easier for everyone else.

Always read your emails my friends

• Love