2023-2024 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also how do we initiate the background check?

Members don't see this ad.

Oof interviewed on 1/31 and haven’t heard anything. Does this typically mean deferral/WL/R?
I don’t think so. It took em 16 weeks to give me a decision (I was accepted) and like pretty much everyone from my interview date and a lot of people who interviewed after I did got decisions before me. It definitely sucks but don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think so. It took em 16 weeks to give me a decision (I was accepted) and like pretty much everyone from my interview date and a lot of people who interviewed after I did got decisions before me. It definitely sucks but don’t lose hope!

Thank you very very much!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does Drexel have scholarships / scholarship apps? The financial aid summary is insane, they basically said take out $106k+ in loans for COA annually and I know I qualify for need based aid. Will likely be withdrawing.
I got nothing my first year but progrssively got more in scholarships. Last semester of M4 i was stunned when they gave me 50k.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are they still sending out decisions for late Jan interviews? I interviewed on Feb 9, so I'm trying to estimate when I might hear back.

CTE is July 10th and I think you have 21 days from acceptance notification to save your seat/place deposit
Does this mean 21 days to pay the deposit and PTE (hold 1 acceptance)? or 21 days to CTE? it wasn't clear to me on my interview day.

Does this mean 21 days to pay the deposit and PTE (hold 1 acceptance)? or 21 days to CTE? it wasn't clear to me on my interview day.
you have to pay the deposit to "accept" the seat on the portal, which has to be done within 21 days of acceptance notification.

This is from their website regarding PTE and CTE:

Drexel's Accepted Student Timeline states that:
  • On or before April 30, applicants should select "Plan to Enroll" in the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool if they have determined a first-choice medical school.
  • If an applicant is accepted after April 30, they should select either "Plan to Enroll" or "Commit to Enroll" in the Choose Your Medical School Tool no later than two weeks after acceptance.
  • On or before July 10, applicants must select "Commit to Enroll" and withdraw from all other medical schools.

People holding multiple acceptances select one school by the 4/30 PTE deadline. They can keep WLs. As mentioned, CTE is school specific and closer to the start of orientation.

OOS A on Tuesday as well! (Interviewed 1/26)
Have y'all who were accepted this week gotten any emails about financial aid or background check?

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed on 02/07, still didnt get anything yet

Reactions: 2 users
so after lurking on the previous years' forums - i saw that drexels' WL to A% is around 20%. Is this true? According to admit.org, the total A% from II is around 50, wondering if that applies to WL and deferred applicants :/

When will deferred applicants start hearing back based on previous years?

How did you withdraw your offer? I'm planning on withdrawing my A today/tomorrow but I am not sure how to go about it

I withdrew via AMP and then I also replied to the acceptance email with a brief message saying I withdrew on AMP and am withdrawing via email as well in case. No one ever got back to me or anything. I just got an email 2 days later that my deposit was refunded and I saw on my CYMS that Drexel said Application Withdrawn After Acceptance so I knew they got the message

The fact that I don’t have a pre II R despite it being the PTE deadline is ridiculous lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Friendly reminder to withdraw your acceptance if you decided to go elsewhere and give one of us waiting a chance!

Withdrawing my A and emailing Drexel to let them know only one of you cutie patooties can take the seat :3 Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 7 users