2023-2024 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Deferred, interview was on 1/10/24

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Question regarding commit to enroll - in my interview, they highlighted the choose your med school process and said we must commit to enroll within 2 weeks of acceptance (for acceptances after April 30th). But then they said July 10th was the commit to enroll deadline. I had thought that after April 30th you just had to plan to enroll and limit yourself to holding only one acceptance BUT could remain on waitlists until the CTE deadline, in this case July 10th. In the case I get an acceptance after April 30th, can I just select plan to enroll and still remain on waitlists until July 10th? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions today. There is apparently a big back log but the committee is starting to meet more frequently so decisions should be rolling out sooner. Mid December interview and I still haven’t heard anything at all so fingers crossed!

Reactions: 8 users
I called admissions today. There is apparently a big back log but the committee is starting to meet more frequently so decisions should be rolling out sooner. Mid December interview and I still haven’t heard anything at all so fingers crossed!
Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my A, hope it goes to one of you :)

Reactions: 8 users
Question regarding commit to enroll - in my interview, they highlighted the choose your med school process and said we must commit to enroll within 2 weeks of acceptance (for acceptances after April 30th). But then they said July 10th was the commit to enroll deadline. I had thought that after April 30th you just had to plan to enroll and limit yourself to holding only one acceptance BUT could remain on waitlists until the CTE deadline, in this case July 10th. In the case I get an acceptance after April 30th, can I just select plan to enroll and still remain on waitlists until July 10th? Thanks!

I found this online for anyone who was also confused. Looks like you just have to plan to enroll and can stay on other WL’s until July 8
IMG_4137.jpg

How do campus assignments work?

You list your preference once you are accepted (a tab will pop up with the rest of the acceptance tabs). Then they run the lottery (multiple lotteries so that people who are getting accepted get them as the lottery runs). They will put your assignment in a new tab when it is picked for you.

At least how it worked last cycle

Members don't see this ad :)
Drexel just sent me a pre-II hold. It's so late in the cycle why not just reject me at this point :rofl:

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
This week is their last interview week (confirmed by admissions office)

Reactions: 2 users
This week is their last interview week (confirmed by admissions office)
I wish they'd just send the rejection letters. They clearly aren't sending any more interview invitations out... please just make it official already

why did they send me a pre-ii hold this late in the interview cycle brother just reject me 💀💀

lol just got an email saying they've "elected to hold my application" (pre-II) and will email me if I get an interview... it's so late in the cycle??

lol just got an email saying they've "elected to hold my application" (pre-II) and will email me if I get an interview... it's so late in the cycle??
I think many schools that hold apps will do this until people start committing/withdrawing so they can be sure they fill but don't overfill their class. It's why a lot of people call holds "soft Rs," but the schools are just being extra cautious until they're sure they can send out the Rs. It sucks for applicants who are "plugged in" on sites like SDN and reddit because we tend to know when interviews become less realistic :\

Last edited:
Anyone know statistically (compared to last cycles) when the next A wave will be or if we can just expect sporadic decisions? Last cycle it looks like decisions were released end of March and then first week of April. Anyone know how closely we’re following past trends?

I interviewed today and they mentioned that it was their last interview day

I just got a hold, I don’t even want to go here anymore but I’m not withdrawing my application purely out of spite

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Is this anyone else's only MD ii?

Reactions: 4 users
never gonna give you
never gonna let you
never gonna and 🫵
never gonna make you
never gonna say
never gonna tell a and 🫵

hope you guys enjoyed my karaoke

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Really hoping those of us who are deferred start hearing before june

• Love
Really hoping those of us who are deferred start hearing before june
Lol I'm hoping for May. I have an affidavit with another school I have to sign no later than May 1st. Would much rather have Drexel, but any med school is better than no med school. Besides some outliers lol

Last edited:
Hoping for decisions this week 🙏🏻🙏🏻 (I am going crazy at almost 16 weeks post ii)

Just for the record, has anything this year, or in history, been interviewed after being out on hold?

Just called admissions, they said final interviews had indeed been conducted and final decisions for those that didn't get an II would come soon.

Just called admissions, they said final interviews had indeed been conducted and final decisions for those that didn't get an II would come soon.
I wish they'd cut the mealy-mouth nonsense and just call it a rejection. We're not naive enough to believe it would be anything else.

From last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?

• Wow
From last years thread it looks like March interviewees didn’t hear back until June. Do you guys think they’re on a similar track this year?

i was 3/25 and do recall them saying they’re meeting more often and we should expect to hear before april 30 but i’m anticipating waiting til mid june based on this thread lmao

• Haha