2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/04/2023 heard back yet? I'm literally counting the hours/minutes waiting for their email. They said 2 weeks from the interview day which should be today, but I don't know if we will hear back before Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/04/2023 heard back yet? I'm literally counting the hours/minutes waiting for their email. They said 2 weeks from the interview day which should be today, but I don't know if we will hear back before Friday.

Lol nothing yet. Been checking my email constantly. Hoping we get the A!!!! It’s still only 10am in NM so the day is still going. Couldn’t imagine how busy they get.

Reactions: 2 users
I believe they said within 2 weeks so hoping to hear by the end of the day today!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In the interview they said decisions would be given within two weeks of the interview. Do we know if they are sticking to that? I should have heard back by today if it was within two weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
In the interview they said decisions would be given within two weeks of the interview. Do we know if they are sticking to that? I should have heard back by today if it was within two weeks.
Think we are all waiting. Should’ve been today from what they said. They might be running late 🤷‍♀️

Got a call with the A!!!!

Congrats! It was a phone call and not an email?

Edit: just got the A call but it went to voicemail! I AM GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!! Beyond excited and grateful!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A via phone call!

giphy.gif

• Wow
So who will do the honor of creating an accepted group me?
giphy.gif

Any one with a score around 490’s, that received an interview. With last years incoming applicant average being around 501, would an average consistent of +10 and -10 of that range.

Anyone hear back for the “next batch” of II’s? And if so please share your stat’s

Will we be asked for campus preference during the interview if we specified "no preference" on the supplementary?

Hi all - one of the pages when accepting offer asks for us to "submit official transcripts" by a certain date. I'm a bit confused on the wording. As someone who hasn't taken a class since they finished their degree during the pandemic, is this something I need to do? I would've assumed by this point post-interview that BCOM peeps have all they need to know about my coursework and such. Thanks!

Hi all - one of the pages when accepting offer asks for us to "submit official transcripts" by a certain date. I'm a bit confused on the wording. As someone who hasn't taken a class since they finished their degree during the pandemic, is this something I need to do? I would've assumed by this point post-interview that BCOM peeps have all they need to know about my coursework and such. Thanks!
You need to send in your official transcript. Just because you submitted your AACOMAS application does not mean that mistakes were not made. No matter what school you go to, they will require an official transcript that is separate from your application (even if they're the same). It doesn't matter if you finished undergrad last year, or 10 years ago, it's still required.

I submitted my secondary on 9/9, how long does it usually take to hear back?

Reactions: 3 users
Their admissions representative team used that word in an earlier post. Idk what they meant by it either.
The Admissions office sends out interview invites based on various aspects of a candidate's application and not solely on the submitted date. As a reminder, Burrell has rolling admissions and limited interview availability in the fall, so invites could come at any time.

Got the A for the NM campus! any other NM campus A's?

Secondary submitted 7/29
interviewed 10/12

stats- non-trad 2.99 overall GPA, 3.85 science GPA 507 MCAT