2023-2024 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
post ii r </3 interviewed late october. thought i was a pretty good fit, welp

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Deferred. We are still in the game folks! Congrats to everyone who got the A

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed in Early september, got a call and email from JB. OOS A. Felt like we clicked rlly well but I had doubts bc it was my very first interview. just got the official email from BU today. LM72 urm. duper excited just wanted to give more info to help out :)

Reactions: 6 users
interviewed in Early september, got a call and email from JB. OOS A. Felt like we clicked rlly well but I had doubts bc it was my very first interview. just got the official email from BU today. LM72 urm. duper excited just wanted to give more info to help out :)
As a fellow LM 72 very happy for you! Hope I can join you on the A train in March

Reactions: 1 user
sounds like other ppl have gotten R emails so it seems like no. also in past threads ppl were saying majority of acceptances went out in march so there is still hope

yeah it seems students have said before that a lot of their peers were deferred and then accepted in march. holding hope!

oof deferred till march email...thought this was one of my best interviews lol, just shows that you can't ever depend on the vibes the interviewer gives you :(

OOS A through email! No call from interviewer before.

I’m a reapplicant who interviewed in Feb earlier this year and was waitlisted in March. To any future waitlisters or reapplicants reading this, feel free to dm me. I was devastated 9 months ago but crying happy tears today 😭

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
y'all think a letter of intent would move the needle on a deferral? lol
also this may just be crazy copium but anecdotally i also saw that theres more A movement in the spring vs winter so hang in there my fellow deferrees
congrats to everyone w As ! boston is an amazing school

y'all think a letter of intent would move the needle on a deferral? lol
also this may just be crazy copium but anecdotally i also saw that theres more A movement in the spring vs winter so hang in there my fellow deferrees
congrats to everyone w As ! boston is an amazing school
I think that is true about the A movement. Also I am sure an LOI will mean something, even if only a bit.

Bruh I just hope in March they don’t do this whole phone call rigamarole again that crap lowkey made my week 10x more stressful

Reactions: 5 users
Another deferral email 😟 I will definitely send a LOI after the holidays

Bruh I just hope in March they don’t do this whole phone call rigamarole again that crap lowkey made my week 10x more stressful
i have bad news for you... seriously i would recommended just deleting SDN around the time of the year

Deferred today, but I will be withdrawing soon. Good luck everyone and congratulations to those accepted!!

Deferred. All this waiting was pure psychological torture.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
+1 deferred, think I will be withdrawing relatively soon though so good luck to everyone
I've been saving myself from any waiting agony by working on my foreign languages:headphone:

• Love
Deferred. All this waiting was pure psychological torture.
part II will come in mid-March, and it will somehow be even worse than this. but because everyone loves an encore, they will waitlist as opposed to reject. the bandage will be pulled very slowly and with much agony. such is life

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
part II will come in mid-March, and it will somehow be even worse than this. but because everyone loves an encore, they will waitlist as opposed to reject. the bandage will be pulled very slowly and with much agony. such is life
username checks out

Anecdotally, I'd say BU has some decent WL movement. I know quite a few people in my class got in off the WL.

MSAR says 20 people which doesn't seem too good
Can you comment on deferral movement in March?

20/150 something isn't too bad imo? Tho idk what other schools are doing in terms of WL to acceptance. That's like ~10% tho and then if you account for the people from linkage programs it's probably like 20/130 which I feel like is p solid?

Feel like most people got accepted in March which is why so many people get deferred. Allows them to have a good idea of numbers needed to make a class and have most applicants still available to decide on.

Any idea of what percentage of the class is filled with December admits?

Does anyone know if letters of intent help move the needle for deferred applicants?

Does anyone know if letters of intent help move the needle for deferred applicants?
Not sure but I sent an elaborate LOI in November which I thought helped me get an A recently? Feel free to DM me for specifics on my LOI

IS II now! So excited. Any advice/tips about the interview process at BU would be appreciated.

Received an OOS II yesterday morning, and SO excited but SO nervous. Was complete 08/27.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi!! Did anyone here who got accepted have a lower gpa but took diy classes? I know it’s fine since it’s a huge upward trend but there is still some stigma I feel like and I didn’t know how holistic BU is towards that!

Hi!! Did anyone here who got accepted have a lower gpa but took diy classes? I know it’s fine since it’s a huge upward trend but there is still some stigma I feel like and I didn’t know how holistic BU is towards that!
me! I had a 3.19 undergrad gpa and did a post bacc. I did well in the post bacc. And I got the A last month :)